Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

Just received an order from seedsman and everything went perfect for now. After trying many other seedbanks that rejected my virtual credit card, finally found a seedbank that accepted it and many other payment methods including Bitcoin which is a option I’m considering for future purchases. I bought 3 moby dicks fem from dinafem and got 3 freebies jack herer fem for 40 euros because I paid 8 euros extra for secure, still cheaper than ordering from dinafem itself and got more freebies. Everything arrived in 2 days and in excellent shape. They also added some goodies. In the support, I said I couldnt receive them at home and they let me send the order to my local post office which really helped me. In contrast, royal queen seeds, the other seedbank I tried, had much less options of strains because they dont sell other breeders really and they wouldnt ship to the post office so my mate had to receive them. They were also really fast in the shipping and I got 5 auto white widows and 5 auto northern lights plus 5 royal jack freebies for 75 euros, all fem. Overall, I prefered seedsman and they Will be my option to go in future purchases.

7 Likes

Hell ya bitcoin is awesome and super convenient. I recently made my first bitcoin seed purchase from Sannies Shop.

except some year in the future when bitcoin is worth 100k I’m going to look back and essentially say “damn I paid $2000 for that pack of seeds” :joy: lol oh well whaddyado?

8 Likes

I think you are going to have to sue them for false advertising. There is only 1 dick in that tin, and its tiny. Lol

7 Likes

Hi, Hope you distinguish between medicalseeds.com and medicalseedscompany. The first I have no knowledge of, but have successfully grown “2046” and “1024” strains from Medical Seeds Company. I purchased the seeds from Sensible Seeds UK via mail to the US.
Original Sensible Seeds, to distinguish, are a completely different company than Sensible Seeds. Original took me for $200+. Sensible Seeds is 100% getting seeds to me since 2014.

2 Likes

All of these photo’s that show packaging stealth technique for shipping need to be redacted and imo destroyed. I know you are excited and it’s cool if you live in a place where growing has been legalized, but most do not and depend on these methods. This thread is low hanging fruit for lazy leo, don’t make their job of oppression so easy for them. Egregious! That being said:

Idk about seedbanks now but breeders, the good ones that grow dank fire no matter what, are always the same.

Mr. Nice = Mr. reliabe, Brothers Grimm, Spice of Life, BOG (Bushy Older Grower), Subcool/TGA, can’t go wrong with these.

There are some Canadian guys who make some of the dankest shit I have ever smoked. Other folk grew it besides me but you’re going to want it, I am sure it grows fine to come out with “dat fire” effects.

Peak seeds, their entire lineup is bomb but the northernberry is a flawless victory.

Hempdepot is a cool seedbank they have a lot of selection. Back in the day there werer not many payment options hopefully they got with the times.

9 Likes

Glad to see you’re still in biz, alive. Such heavenly nugs :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ll assume you were talking to me, so I will remove the photos and the description of the packaging. I’ll just leave the seeds pack foto. I didnt think about it when I posted, I am sorry. Here in portugal its illegal but it seems really easy to receive seeds, in rqs order, they were just inside a package with a big marijuana poster and the seeds (it wasnt really stealth as they advertised) and my mate was just able to collect it with any problems, but we have to think in everyone, right?

3 Likes

Nice taking down the photos. I have received a lot of them in various decoys. It shouldn’t even be described, there is no potential benefit in doing so and lots to lose.

2 Likes

@Dale I fully agree and got in a lengthy discussion about this awile back. Glad to see somebody else agrees with my thoughts on the matter of disclosing stealth methods, or that it’s even happening for that matter :eyes: are everywhere.

5 Likes

The people posting this have never been arrested / might be police themselves. I hate it the only thing about this board that is different from old og.

Actually the old OG is how I learned about tor and exif data and all the ways the collection of metadata can fingerprint you online. It was a very hotly discussed point of conversation and the way things are done now, its more geared towards convenience and complacency because those folks will always spend first and post first and think later (in the penitentiary).

5 Likes

Yeah if I was in the US in a non legal state I would be very careful. This whole legal part makes this hobby so enjoyable now. I wont even go one plant past my limit just so I have no worries. Have my acmpr hung next to my tent. I was so paranoid when I was growing more than a decade ago. Qi drove 600 miles to buy my seed bc I just didnt want anything mailed to anyone connected to me. Feels good now

4 Likes

I agree… Packaging that seeds arrive in should never EVER be photographed and put on site…it’s a hazard for everyone.

3 Likes

I am sure the seedbanks would appreciate tight lips on these precious methods as well. On the one hand everything has to change and adapt, the rules aren’t the same all the time. But use basic security, don’t post evidence ffs that omg… Nothing like using fake name or getting sent to place that is signed up for informed delivery. Thats what usps calls the email you a photo of all mail and packages. I know they use it for all accounts even ones not signed up but that will be harder to refute in court.

You: “That ain’t mines tho pig…”
Chief Wiggum: “We tracked the metadata on your iphone to tie the photo of the package to the timestamp and geotagged photos on the bragging post you made on OG”
You: “Hey aren’t you supposed to have a warra…”
[Lou billy clubs you in the bread basket, says stop resisting, puts zip ties on your hands and you go to jail they take your house]
Chief Wiggum: “Textbook policework Lou! Now get back on that message board so we can keep fighting crime!”

5 Likes

Times are changing. With the legalization of hemp, the seed game is changing fast. It will be very costly to prove that a given seed is hemp or a drug cultivar. And seeds are less than 0.3% THC, so they, technically, can be sent legally within the US.

Not saying people should give away the stealth shipping methods, but sending seeds in the US is not much of a worry. That being said, sending any plant material (seeds of any type) across a border without the proper paperwork is what stops most international packages.

6 Likes

Bake em away toys! :policeman:

3 Likes

Thanks for the mention @Gaz29

3 Likes

I’ve ordered several times from Seedsman.com and had quick delivery and excellent customer service. Also had 100% germination. NOTE: If you’re buying single seeds you may not get a plant that matches the description due to F1/H1 variations. (I had that problem with Green Crack).
Probably not many strains have been bred and backcrossed to stabilize the genetics. Better to get at least a 3 or 5 pack and do a pheno hunt…

2 Likes

I’ve considered this as well. I think at this point it’s totally defensible, but there likely isn’t a court precedent yet. To me, it seems reasonable that if seeds were first made illegal because they contained tiny amounts of THC, then they would now be legal in the US as a result of the hemp bill. But unfortunately, I think it will take a court battle or full legalization to get us all the way there.

That being said, I’m in for a GoFundMe for the first person who lands in court!

8 Likes

I don’t know about the “shipping” aspect up here in the land of the hockey puck, but purchasing seeds from anywhere other than the government licensed cartel is illegal. Crazy part is, consenting adults can share up to 30 beans without concern. Can’t buy beans from Joe-Blow Seeds the unlicensed seed bank, but you can share with anyone within the 30 bean limit. It’s madness!

Due to recent dealings with CK I know for a fact that they are keeping records of all purchases. I recall hearing recently (on the radio I believe) that “retailers” are required to record all purchases. Can’t recall exactly what I’d heard, but it is something to keep in mind if discretion is a concern. Do what you like with that information.

3 Likes

Just gunna throw it out there and I’m sure some people here will disagree but it’s not hard to find out what the stealth shipping is for most popular seed banks so for instance RQS do it in a DVD case, they state so on their website.

Nobody in their right mind is going to pay for stealth packaging without knowing how it will be stealthed. So most places just do plain brown boxes this is not something that is unknown to the authorities but then why don’t they open every single plain box or scan each package.

Haha disclosing stealth packaging information… if it’s in a plain box with no label on the side stating THIS IS FROM A SEEDBANK then it’s stealth right so how would it stand out. Just think it’s a bit daft to get so hurt over posting stealth packaging when anything could be in there even posting a photo does not state specific dimensions of his box. Too much stoner paranoia, rant over :+1:

6 Likes