Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

I got the Buzzard Hawaiian Hashbud for sure, and I think it was November when I ordered seeds from RSC. Angus said they came from @green on ICMag, who knew the grower. I posted a question on ICMag but this was all I got.

Originally Posted by Green View Post
“The last old timer I talked to has been growing in Maui and Big island for 50 years. He said he didn’t have any of his earlier mex/lumbo lines. The only line he had been growing for the last 35 years was this acclimated Puna hashplant. Inbreeding it the whole time. He happily traded beans with me.”

Could be a real interesting plant.

Bombs Away!!! :smiley:

:vulcan:

5 Likes

I had one " colombian" pheno of the panama with the dropping leaves and all. Hated even a tiny amount of cal mag extra ( like 20 drops instead of 15) . It was extremely sensitive. I did do a custom soil mix with those, and only added some surface bat guano and worm castings later with great success. I plan on cutting the potency of this mix in half for these extreme tropicals. We shall see. I’ll be doing a set it and forget it type of grow as I like to call it. Just kind of let them go at there own rhythm. Thanks for the advice. It will be followed!

3 Likes

I hope I got that one. Gets humid here in July/ august . It was just a clear tiny baggie written on in marker. I guess all his stuff via kwik seeds comes that way. I’ll have to Check my date of purchase to be sure. He may still mention that change in freebies I’m talking about. If they are the same do you want 5 more to make some beans?

2 Likes

PGR…20 chars?

1 Like

They have alot of great lines ,I’m looking at there eastern manipur Burma and poss a Nepal if I can afford it.

3 Likes

Here’s the Canadian link:
https://ca.gyo.green/cannabis-seedbanks/ace-seeds-cannabis-seeds

When you select US, it takes you to another site - homegrown.something
When I looked at my previous order, I was reminded that I spent $104 CAD on 10 PCK seeds that would result in plant that hermed right when they showed sex… not the best deal for me :sweat_smile:
They did come in original breeder packs.

Make sure it’s really worth it to you before burning that much cash. A $300 order from me hasn’t resulted in anything I would keep yet.

4 Likes

Yeah… The US version of their site is super sketchy. lmfao

1 Like

I know :fearful: Maybe just don’t.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking at that eastern manipur/ burma border myself! Some of the prettiest striped calyxes I’ve ever seen! I have gotten in touch with them for prices, but they have not gotten back to me in over 10 days now. I have sent 3 additional e mails to no avail. Let me know if you have any luck. I’ve been going thru Indian Heirloom Seed Co on instagram. They are part of the Indian Landrace Exchange. Being that you seem to like the Sativas, have you checked out the landrace team website? I have gotten prices from them and it’s around 70 -90 euros per 10 or 12 pack. They have Iranian genetics, which are rare nowadays. One of the collection sites for the Iranian was north of tehran, in the mts along the caspian sea. 36 degrees n latitude. Here there is a legendary variety growing in the rainforest. ( In Iran? yes, rainforest at 36 north!!!) It is called "one puff "locally. Sounds unique, but there were 12 collections made from various regions and they are not separated unfortunately. I am intrigued by this one. Probably never used in modern breeding. I’ve wondered if this is the mystery sativa called Kalamata Red in Greece. Alexander the Great would have brought it back nearly 2500 yrs ago. Real thin theory, but interesting to ponder none the less!

5 Likes

Trying to convince wife I need a few packs of thug pug. Thinking of ordering from Oregon elite. Where does everyone else get their thug pug from?

3 Likes

Greenlineorganics (gloseedbank) has had some good deals on Thugpug

I’ve ordered from them a number of times. They have a weird website but I’ve had no trouble.

Current specials on Thugpug (2/12) from email list:

Thug Pug Genetics-
Buy 2 packs for $110
(you can mix and match as long as all strains are on the list below)
Peanut Butter Breath
Monkey Business
Peanut Butter Lady
Future Wife ( low stock )
Rainy Lady ( low stock )
Carls Shoes
Peanut Butter Jelly
Velveeta Breath

5 Likes

Wow thanks one I want was there. I will check it out

1 Like

Yep Im familer with the landrace team, I have a few things from them. I don’t believe you can deal with Indian landrace exchange directly but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Weird doesnt show those strains on their website. Shows only 5 strains.

Also says I need to be referred to sign up? You’re right website is weird.

What? Referral? I didn’t have that.

Sorry, must be something new.

Edit: Just tried it from my phone and not seeing the referral thing. Don’t want to actual hit order, though. I’ll try when I get home.

1 Like

Sense me to gandlapparel.com

1 Like

Just tried to make an order and no issues (using the CC payment method). They will send you an invoice and then shortly later a payment link.

gandlapparel… is them. The entry to the portal is via gloseedbank.

Make notation of 48 hour sale in the order notes and they’ll update the invoice to reflect additional discounts.

So I don’t know what the referral thing is.

edit: you don’t need an account…

3 Likes

Indian Heirloom Seed Co said you can get the seeds straight from India from them. Pay pal. But like I said , This was thru instagram, and he then requested my e mail and asked what I was interested in. He said to go on their web address ( indian landrace exchange) and look at their genetics, and tell him what I like. I don’t think it was a scammer. Maybe someone from The landrace Exchange got mad that they were selling seeds outside their joint company? Not sure. I’ll e mail again now.

2 Likes

Indianheirloomseedco@gmail.com I just checked my message again. I told him I Thought I saw some of their stuff on the ace site and then I thought i bought some of their stuff from the real Seed Company. And then asked if I could buy directly from them. He said of course, ships from India. Sorry if this is repetitive lol

2 Likes