“Seed Breeder” discussion/opinion

So each time he go in Denver, it’s national day fiesta. GG#4 is a cult over there …

1 Like

My glory days of smoking were definitely the 90s beginning to end. I enjoy that style herb and its familiarity. Around my way it was called kind, or dirt, or brick or hydro, or Mexican, Colombian, or biker weed or mafia weed or hippie weed and then northern lights, haze, Thai, white widow, Jamaican, etc slowly diesel came around and all that, but at that point it became heavy and not as fun.

I like most weed. Some of course better than others.

Also don’t forget the crippie when we got it from Florida which @OriginalDankmaster96 seems to have a nice modern rendition of.

2 Likes

I’ve grown a bunch of fems, started with them, then shunned them due to buying into things people were parroting, then came around to them through breeders like Clearwater and Cannarado. I look at them as a different experience and having their purpose, much like autos.

There was/is straight up propaganda about fems from reg breeders and people just parroting nonsense.

Lastly, there a whole lot of plants that aren’t actual herms that are called herms in the cannabis world.

1 Like

Balls likely hidden inside the flowers, not dangling down as is common. Seen it before.

3 Likes

I think there was also a lot of Sativa floating around in the 90’s. But, I guess a lot of my point is, you can grow that 90’s weed, the beautiful thing is, the genetics are available!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why I love sativa now. And landrace

“but at that point it became heavy and not as fun”

Spot on!

I’m still learning here, and I’m not quite sure why I don’t like it, but I really hate dispensary weed. I’ve tried so many growers, so many strains, sativa to indica and everything in between. All of it feels medicinal/narcotic and is quite heavy.

Trying to rediscover late 70’s > 80’s sativa and hybrid highs that were lite, made you laugh, functional etc.

5 Likes

Yeah that stuff. Been a long time since I’ve really seen any of that. And idk that tolerance or age has much to do with it.

I’d say it’s that.

100% would believe it.

True that! All my favorites come from here and I still grow them. Seems most things prior to 2008-ish :thinking: I don’t care for anything “modern” really at all.

4 Likes

I’m a late bloomer, I didn’t start smoking with regularity until I was in my late 30’s. I had no tolerance and any amount of weed was too strong for me unless I wanted to feel disoriented or fall asleep or puke. Now I can smoke a fat joint and be high but nothing more.

2 Likes

If you think the coke and music wasn’t better back then versus now, no one should listen to another word from you. That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard.

5 Likes

What have you grown and tried that’s modern?

A lot of the stories nowadays don’t add up for example diesel and chem. Those guys might have been the ones that bred it (possibly) but they were not the ones selling it. I know that for a fact

1 Like

:rofl::facepunch::clap:t2: No such thing as Fentanyl, even harder drugs were cleaner than TODAY!

4 Likes

Hey imagine these 2 scenarios

1. 80’s-90’s coke / LED Zepplin

2. Fent laced cartel coke / Bruno mars

I mean come on, get real :rofl::rofl::man_facepalming:t2:

11 Likes

Shakes that old man’s fist from his porch. You don’t even know what back when I’m referring to. And guess what, you have more access to that music than even before. I bet you couldn’t name ten current and talented artists. Hint, that’s not because there aren’t any…

2 Likes

Remo chemo is pretty nice but that’s not that modern Ahhaha

I can’t think of any that I would want to listen to while sniffing this designer Coke laced with fentanyl lol

2 Likes

I went to a lot of raves (limelight) in the 90s and punk NYHC shows cbgbs and some hip hop too at the tunnel. The drugs in the rave scene in the 90s were flowing and super high quality. Many people collapsed and that was the last thing they did. I still think 60s and 70s probably best moment in America from what I hear.

1 Like

Ugh, a boomer. Maybe layoff the coke altogether? Might be why you still listen to 70’s music :joy::v:

For the record, I’ve never tried coke, and I love Led Zepplin, and Kendrick Lamar :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Well, you are the one who brought it up and guess what, you were wrong about what you said once again.

2 Likes