“Seed Breeder” discussion/opinion

Most of that is lame ass college boy punk, I for one am glad that shit went away lol. I’m with the OP, The good old days weren’t always good and tomorrow is never as bad as it seems. I can name many musicians who are as talented as ever they were, sure the music industry has changed and many of them may not be super stars, but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. I can also score better and cheaper coke easier, I just don’t want any.

I also don’t buy the ‘weed from the distant past was better’ nostalgia. It was all about the context. As a comparison it’s a fact that beer like millers and bud light far outsell beer like Sierra Nevada, even though they are piss weak junk. The customer doesn’t always know best in free market unfortunately. The current dispensary system is doomed to fail. Maybe someday weed will truly be free again.

4 Likes

Curious if @way4out knows power chords probably. What you working on today friend?
What’s the strain of today and the future?

It is interesting to think of nostalgia in weed and nostalgia in music. I see some parallels. Dudes I need some mushrooms again. It’s been many years.

2 Likes

I will just respectfully agree to disagree there!

3 Likes

Haha that is the theme of the thread. Everyone show their best plant. Dankmasters got some nice ones at the moment

My best plant started like this

And after OG got to it looks like this

2 Likes

Fair enough, I’m just old so don’t mind me. Lol.

4 Likes

Kind of a mixed bag of punk bands there.
My take on them for what its worth coming from a 53 year old ex punk rocker.

Bad Religion = smarty pants intellectual punk

Pennywise = mid to late 90’s skate punk

NOFX = comedy punk

Sex Pistols = celebrity punk, face of the movement for their time.

Rancid = Ska punk meets the clash.

I love me some NOFX

5 Likes

Absolutely! :100: Greg Gaffin is an intellectual lyricist. It’s why they’re my favorite since about 17. I knew about different genres of music from being around different people that surfed. One introduced me to NIN, no not punk but Pretty Hate Machine was cutting edge for the time, the whole dam album grew on me. Another liked U2. Extremely diverse taste among surfers/skaters. Someone who smoked me out, introduced me to Rush…

1 Like

It’s cool that there is different music for different personalities just like cannabis.

1 Like

Maybe the WORLD was just better back in the “old days” ?

2 Likes

I did about 5 years of testing and what I learned is becoming evident. And I grow regulars and a few of my own fems. And I NEVER get hermies.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessarily fems causing herms, I think it’s chuckers saying:
“But it’s fire tho” “Just pick the couple balls off” “shouldve lollipopped”

5 Likes

Someone was putting this up for trade the other day… I got curious and looked it up, was wondering if it was a Bodhi cross. It’s not, it’s a monstrosity that should never have been sold. :roll_eyes: But it’s fire tho!

In Test Grows with pink lotus isolated male bananas where found, those should be removed.
The plants finish their maturation depending on the environment in 50-60 days.

1 Like

I have never had hermies but I only grow outside in the sun. I always thought that hermies were caused by too much heat from the lights.

1 Like

I think the herm issue is coming from certain genetics that people love and keep using and breeding. Real cookies, og, cherry pie and their crosses tend to throw some male flowers. And if your growing something with those in the lineage somewhere, you shouldn’t be surprised if you get male flowers. It’s not about how you breed it as much as what you’re starting with.

6 Likes

Lots of lines back in the day of the marc emery seed bank threw nanners or held hermies… I don’t think this is a new thing. Heck you could find the odd seed in NL5 but you never saw the pollen sac that did the deed. Breeder Steve’s Shishkaberry, Plum bud and DJ shorts Flo and Blueberry back then had hermies and late nanners among other strains we tried back then. It’s nothing new and can be bred away from in most cases with some knowledge and skilled hands. Be nice though if everyone stress tested and removed those type of plants from thier programs no matter how good they may be.

3 Likes

NOFX … definately one of my favorite bands , I think I have seen them live 6 times now. They are a bit off the wall these days… not sure what goes on in Fat Mike’s head LOL
These guys are incredibly talented musicians and songwriters though and I have every released album hehe. Heavy Petting Zoo might be my favorite album… it’s hard to day

5 Likes

Sure, but at that time most of the building blocks djshort and others used were landraces or still quite rough material. The game was precisely to remove herms with the breeding. And good luck to remove herms from some thai lines :smiley: Nowadays with fems, this effort has lowered down, and the genepool is suffering from that. Specially with the good old rodelization technique used at some moment. But I agree it’s mostly because people don’t test enough their plant for herm.

“Look, my reversal worked so easy
Let just make money!”

That could be the verse of a punk song :laughing:

5 Likes

Buy my Secret Sex Reversal Spray, it’s guaranteed to put balls on your girls - using my creepiest Jello Biafra voice. :laughing:

He’s in secret negotiations to collaborate with Berner and market his new line of
Don’t Call Me White - Cookies :money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

funny me to grew my first in 78 cause some kid called me a stingy bogart one night he was right and it hurt my feelings so i had to figure a way for that not to happen again used to trade smoke for seeds kinda thing. i like a high school idiot planted the whole coffee can of them but thats another story

3 Likes

Nice strain name Stingy Bogart