Seed Junky Genetics - Wedding Cake Grow Show - Will it Herm?

You got it. No offense intended. Just sharing my experiences. the pictures of the LA Kush Cake and Wedding Cake F5 were grown by me in my last run.

If you want to see any of them, and how they grew for me you can see more here: Comacus Projects - #204 by Comacus

Looking forward to following along. Hope you find some nice things without any issues.

9 Likes

So then why are you dumping marketing pics of the jealousy crosses, not grown by you?

1 Like

I just liked them, and felt like sharing one of his latest creations. In my experiences, I’m including that of friends running his stuff. No offense intended.
I got the message from @Purple-N-Hairy so no need to carry on with this.

5 Likes

I’m gonna go wayyyy out on a limb and take a guess… :zipper_mouth_face: :wink:

They don’t call them Junky Seed for nothing!

3 Likes

Look, if someone is on here posting marketing photos off instagram for some breeder that they have a personal relationship with, while others with more history than them have documented runs of an entire pack growing pollen sacs, it’s suspect. Don’t play the tough guy, I don’t owe you or him Jbeezy’s sock-puppeting buddy anything, least of all respect.

1 Like

Hi @Comacus, if you happen to have a personal relationship with Seed Junky, would you mind sharing the grow thread for the TK run that happened, where we had a ridiculous amount of herms?

Understand if you feel that is pushing boundaries, but we have a well documented thread of basically getting the short end of the stick from this breeder. Would be nice to have him see it, and you know, maybe do something about it.

10 Likes

great idea. id like to see those guys offered ssomething from the jealousy line as a “sorry”

4 Likes

The last pics I posted were taken on October 3rd. That was 13 days into 12/12, so they were starting to reveal their sex.

All of the following pics were also taken on October 3rd. I will show you what I saw, but first - so you know which each plant number is, here’s a numbered layout:

PLANT 1

PLANT 2

PLANT 3

PLANT 4

PLANT 5

PLANT 6

PLANT 7

PLANT 8

I’m sorry that not all the pics are super-clear, but you should be able to see pretty much what I saw. On this day, I felt pretty confident that I knew what 6 of these plants’ sexes were. What do you see?

BTW - At that time (October 3), I still hadn’t put the 3 smaller plants into 12/12 yet. I’ll report on those in the near future.

21 Likes

2,3,6 & 7 look like they’ve got sacs, it’s a little hard to tell from the photo of 4 which is a little blurry.

6 Likes

I´ll let you do the reveal…but if you already know the answer by week 2 of flower, then that can only mean one thing. right?

1 Like

Plants look nice and healthy.

It’s early but it looks like 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 are males with 1 and 5 being females. Can’t really tell on 8 yet.

Hopefully the smaller plants that have not been moved to 12/12 yet will have the higher female to male ratios.

3 Likes

Do you have any other pictures of 4? The area at the node is a little blurry and to me it looks like a bract/calyx but it could be a pollen sac.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, @GlassJoeGrows, I don’t have solo pics of #4 from around that same time; only group shots. #4 may not be clear in that photo, but I was able to determine sex with a visual inspection when that pic was taken.

10 Likes

6 Likes

tenor|nullxnull

6 Likes

wait were these fem seeds or regs ?

3 Likes

They were Regs.

4 Likes

Did a White Wedding Cake from Ethos - heavy yields , great taste - has that “terp-e” taste

Time for another update!

When we last saw the plants, they were almost 2 weeks into 12/12, and most of them had started to reveal their sex.

To confirm, you have plant number 5 as both a male and female. Expecting a hermie, are you? :wink:

Here they are, 5 days later - on October 8th:

At this point, the males of this group have been confirmed - they are plants 2, 3, 4, 6 & 7. I’ll post another pic later on that makes it abundantly obvious, but that leaves plants 1, 5 & 8 still in question.

Still on October 8th, plant number 8:

Yup. Balls and pistils.

Let’s review:

11 seeds / 11 plants
5 - Confirmed Males
1 - Confirmed Hermie
2 - To Be Determined
3 - Placed into 12/12 later - also TBD

23 Likes

Whoops, 5 looks like a female to me.

4 Likes