Seed Junky Genetics - Wedding Cake Grow Show - Will it Herm?

One of the reasons I’ve found this site so interesting. F2’s all around!!! What’s it really take to f2 a 500$ seed pack and make couple thousand seeds. To spread around . Not like most of these “breeders” are going to continue the line .

But I guess if the pack shoots balls everywhere ain’t nobody got time for that

10 Likes

A little less than $600 and a little more than 4 months.

The key is to not tell everyone that they’ll hermie! Seems to have worked out pretty well for some breeders!

21 Likes

I just read the whole thread so I gotta find out how it ends now! Can’t wait for updates :fire::sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes

getting tired of “cookie” strains !!! they are good ****** but to many hybrids. At present forget the orginal breeder of “cookie” ?

The original breeder is whoever Berner bought a couple pounds of Light-leak cherry pie kush from. Hermed or not, they sold well, so they grew out the seeds, outcrossed it, etc.

Berner was the weed guy for The Jacka - Wikipedia , who gave him a platform to promote himself, and Berner parlayed that into further promotion of his dispensaries, the strain, himself, whatever. The hype for the strain was already out of control and that’s why there’s cookies in everything these days.

6 Likes

Huh never knew the name origin. Never eaten a single Girl Scout Cookie that tasted anything like any of the GSC reefer varieties. Berner’s taste buds are as poor as his music, and his music is pretty goddamn bad!

8 Likes

Hey @Comacus, please don’t take this the wrong way because I want you to feel comfortable commenting on my posts, but please don’t hijack my thread with pictures of other Seed Junky buds, especially when you’re posting buds you haven’t grown. I understand that you have a personal relationship with the founder of Seed Junky Genetics…

…but I don’t want a sock puppet in here pushing Seed Junky’s gear in my Wedding Cake Grow Show thread. If you want to highlight his gear, please do that in the “Free your budshots” thread, or any of your own threads. I fully expected people to come to his defense in this thread, but please let me showcase my Wedding Cake Grow Show as planned :pray:.

Seriously, if you really want to push Seed Junky gear and highlight how stable it is, start a grow show thread of your own! I’d love to see it myself!

35 Likes

You got it. No offense intended. Just sharing my experiences. the pictures of the LA Kush Cake and Wedding Cake F5 were grown by me in my last run.

If you want to see any of them, and how they grew for me you can see more here: Comacus Projects - #204 by Comacus

Looking forward to following along. Hope you find some nice things without any issues.

9 Likes

So then why are you dumping marketing pics of the jealousy crosses, not grown by you?

1 Like

I just liked them, and felt like sharing one of his latest creations. In my experiences, I’m including that of friends running his stuff. No offense intended.
I got the message from @Purple-N-Hairy so no need to carry on with this.

5 Likes

I’m gonna go wayyyy out on a limb and take a guess… :zipper_mouth_face: :wink:

They don’t call them Junky Seed for nothing!

3 Likes

Look, if someone is on here posting marketing photos off instagram for some breeder that they have a personal relationship with, while others with more history than them have documented runs of an entire pack growing pollen sacs, it’s suspect. Don’t play the tough guy, I don’t owe you or him Jbeezy’s sock-puppeting buddy anything, least of all respect.

1 Like

Hi @Comacus, if you happen to have a personal relationship with Seed Junky, would you mind sharing the grow thread for the TK run that happened, where we had a ridiculous amount of herms?

Understand if you feel that is pushing boundaries, but we have a well documented thread of basically getting the short end of the stick from this breeder. Would be nice to have him see it, and you know, maybe do something about it.

10 Likes

great idea. id like to see those guys offered ssomething from the jealousy line as a “sorry”

4 Likes

The last pics I posted were taken on October 3rd. That was 13 days into 12/12, so they were starting to reveal their sex.

All of the following pics were also taken on October 3rd. I will show you what I saw, but first - so you know which each plant number is, here’s a numbered layout:

PLANT 1

PLANT 2

PLANT 3

PLANT 4

PLANT 5

PLANT 6

PLANT 7

PLANT 8

I’m sorry that not all the pics are super-clear, but you should be able to see pretty much what I saw. On this day, I felt pretty confident that I knew what 6 of these plants’ sexes were. What do you see?

BTW - At that time (October 3), I still hadn’t put the 3 smaller plants into 12/12 yet. I’ll report on those in the near future.

21 Likes

2,3,6 & 7 look like they’ve got sacs, it’s a little hard to tell from the photo of 4 which is a little blurry.

6 Likes

I´ll let you do the reveal…but if you already know the answer by week 2 of flower, then that can only mean one thing. right?

1 Like

Plants look nice and healthy.

It’s early but it looks like 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 are males with 1 and 5 being females. Can’t really tell on 8 yet.

Hopefully the smaller plants that have not been moved to 12/12 yet will have the higher female to male ratios.

3 Likes

Do you have any other pictures of 4? The area at the node is a little blurry and to me it looks like a bract/calyx but it could be a pollen sac.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, @GlassJoeGrows, I don’t have solo pics of #4 from around that same time; only group shots. #4 may not be clear in that photo, but I was able to determine sex with a visual inspection when that pic was taken.

10 Likes