Seed Junky Genetics - Wedding Cake Grow Show - Will it Herm?

6 Likes

tenor|nullxnull

6 Likes

wait were these fem seeds or regs ?

3 Likes

They were Regs.

4 Likes

Did a White Wedding Cake from Ethos - heavy yields , great taste - has that “terp-e” taste

Time for another update!

When we last saw the plants, they were almost 2 weeks into 12/12, and most of them had started to reveal their sex.

To confirm, you have plant number 5 as both a male and female. Expecting a hermie, are you? :wink:

Here they are, 5 days later - on October 8th:

At this point, the males of this group have been confirmed - they are plants 2, 3, 4, 6 & 7. I’ll post another pic later on that makes it abundantly obvious, but that leaves plants 1, 5 & 8 still in question.

Still on October 8th, plant number 8:

Yup. Balls and pistils.

Let’s review:

11 seeds / 11 plants
5 - Confirmed Males
1 - Confirmed Hermie
2 - To Be Determined
3 - Placed into 12/12 later - also TBD

23 Likes

Whoops, 5 looks like a female to me.

4 Likes

When I posted the previous update, we were still looking at the plants on October 8th, and confirmed that plant #8 is a hermie.

Let’s move forward in time again. Here’s the canopy 3 days later, on October 11th. The Males are now quite obvious, but if you’re unsure, click on the following image, then right-click on it and select “View Image”, then click on the image again to really zoom in.

That’s what I thought, too. But as it turned out, when you posted this:

…your mistake was actually not wrong. Of course, I knew this at the time, but I wanted to give you a chance to clarify. I didn’t think you thought #5 would be a hermie, but here’s #5 on October 11th:

Updated totals (as of October 12)
11 seeds / 11 plants
5 - Confirmed Males
2 - Confirmed Hermies
1 - To Be Determined
3 - Placed into 12/12 later - also TBD

22 Likes

I’ll put a dollar bet #1 is a herm

5 Likes

Like a whole dollar? Forget it, still wouldn’t take the bet.

3 Likes

Looking like a real sausage party in that tent lol

8 Likes

Id already be real disappointed personally with the all those balls and couple hermies out of a expensive ass pack

5 Likes

Just think how many Hermie seeds will come out of this run! Never have to buy a pack of hermie seeds again!

9 Likes

They’re all in the closet, so - yeah. It’s looking like they don’t want any “ladies” unless those ladies also have balls. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just not the kind of party I was expecting…
DependentFakeGuernseycow-max-1mb

17 Likes

Ladies…balls… :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

Somebody cue the Boy George tune!

5 Likes

Sure hoping the three not in flower yet are girls, and that #1 holds solid! It would be nice if you at least get 3-4 females to look at from the pack.

5 Likes

Want to know what would have been even nicer? :rofl:

I do admire your optimism, we would all do well to follow in your example. I hope so too, it would be great to see these ladies finish.

7 Likes

jeez. if you dont get at least 3 females with one being absolute fire i think you should buy another pack and try again… so junky seeds can do some more partying with cookie fam on your dime!!

10 Likes

UPDATE!!

As promised, here are pics of the canopy to show, without question, which plants are males. These pics were taken literally ONE DAY after the previous pics; that’s how fast they’re growing and stretching!

OK, moving on - during my previous updates, I’ve referred to the 3 smallest plants that I put into soil. I flipped those 3 later than the 8 we’ve been watching, but I think it’s time we checked in on those 3 in soil…

Here they are on October 7th when I placed them into 12/12. They look happy and healthy, but obviously not as large as the ones I kept in hydro…

And here they are a week later. Nice growth from all of them, and they continue to look super healthy and happy.

Any guesses as what each of their sexes are?

16 Likes

9 herm 10 male 11 male junky seed genetics gender neutral pack 5 bones!

7 Likes