Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 TE Remix

IMO ignore that over the top stuff. I think it just gets too confusing.
Maybe if you were searching through 100+ seeds but for such a small sample size just open pollinate em or select the ‘best’ few and open pollinate.
Dont get too overwhelmed, its not rocket appliances - K.I.S.S.

9 Likes

when in doubt…pick the ones that smell good! :+1::+1::smiley:

9 Likes

It don’t come naturally. You have to be lost in the woods a couple of times and gain momentum on the line also, but you allready know that. Trying each time just reduce the learning curve a lot. It can appear simple, but it’s not. Specially at the begin of a project, that’s the most complicated step we are all forced to pass at one moment. I’ve allready grown the Sensi Star for my weed stash, but i will be not in ease when i will launch the twos dozens of seeds i’ve hunted. That’s the game ^^

It’s why i say in loop than for the firestarter’s specimens, the most important is to follow the segregations in parralel lines over to act only on faith and to have the guarantee to destruct something. I like the dices with the same number on all faces ^^

You will learn more it by your photographic archives imho, in front of the offspring. Then a specific document will appear more and more clear, specially if you play with STS.

For now, i see than you have maded all necessary reforms possibles to work on a solid base. That’s the most important to my eyes to share an opinion in depth.

Yup @Craigson15, you can ignore everything then finish with a fire weed. That’s possible also. But the chance to born with this gift is pretty low. The breeders than have truly writed the history of our cannabis can be counted in only one hand. It’s a matter of faith after that, i don’t know, i love rationnal things. And also to compensate my lack of super power by a constant work.

But i known one thing than is freaking stable with stoners, if they try their chance on breeding and end nowhere fast … they give up. And it’s a bad thing for all growers of the world. It’s where a decent method can reduce a bit the losses of, sometimes, great potentials.

9 Likes

Bam!

Day 3 of flower. Took a few more clones off a couple last night.

17 Likes

Loving your plants! They look very healthy and vigorous.

6 Likes

Thank you! Hopefully I can handle the stretch as these TE are pretty large already.

5 Likes

Also I just realized I have no vials for storing pollen and am open to suggestions. Would Zip lock bags be fine?

3 Likes

I’ve used cleaned glass containers with lids, tupperware, off brand plastic containers. I think a sandwich bag would be fine for short term storage, you’ll need something more airtight for longer term storage, but you can transfer it into a better container later!!

7 Likes

Well well looks like the gears are turning.

And I got quite a bit of unsavory news. We have quite a bit of males to choose from. Only a single female, all is not lost.

Number 6 is confirmed male

Number 9 is confirmed female

Number 10 also confirmed male

Number 4 is confirmed male

Number 3 is confirmed male

Number 8 is confirmed male

All 5 males have been moved into the closet under 260 watts of blurples.

Also I still have the runt number 5 in veg if you all would like to see if we have another female. I’ll take a clone and see if it grows any better.

13 Likes

Once the pollen sacs develop some more ill place clear solo cups around the clusters to catch and save all the pollen.

I might just go to hobby lobby and pick up a bunch of small vials.

6 Likes

Alright everyone. Male flowers are clustered up nicely. Shouldn’t be much longer now. Trying to prepare for this pollen storm. I plan to freeze as much pollen as I can get, so the males won’t be killed immediately.

So I’m curious if anyone has any suggestions thus far? Only one option for female but the men are giving us a good bit of variety.

I’ll attempt to make a poll one of these days.

6 Likes

GAAAAANGBAAAAANG!

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

The number 9 to be safe in an alt line, all others are variations of the same expression.

The devil will in the details you’re the only one to known imho (seedling vigor, global grow, nutes assimilation, root mass, stem rub …).

5 Likes

I have frozen pollen before. I’ve used it ~6 months later, but not a year (yet).

This is the new way I’m going to collect pollen. I have a dessicant box, where I will dry it out thoroughly before packaging. I’m planning to cut holes and tape those rubber gloves as ports for my hands, so that I can close up the pollen in containers without breaking seal. I can usually get down to 10-12% humidity inside the box. That ProBreeze thing is just a massive dessicant. You can buy them on Amazon for $15 and recharge them by plugging them in the wall. They don’t need to be recharged for a long time as long as you keep them sealed in the box.

Another trick is to dry out some flour in the oven and dilute your pollen with it. That works pretty well to help use it more efficiently.

I also have a really good method to collect pollen. I collected a TON of pollen from my last male this way. All you need is a sonicare toothbrush and some kind of collection container, or flat surface like a mirror. All you do is turn on the toothbrush and hold the container below the flower you want to collect from. Touch the toothbrush to the flowers and ALL of the pollen will come out. Collect from all of the open flowers. It won’t look like much at first, but after you do it for 15-20 minutes, you’ll see when you push it into a pile it’s a TON! Make sure your fans are off :ghost:

10 Likes

Old fish tanks with plexiglass work well for sterile environment also

4 Likes

Fantastic suggestions! I already have the stuff to make a still air box (attempting my first mushroom grow) so I can definitely do that. The toothbrush thing is brilliant, but I don’t have one haha. Though I can use my wife’s vibrator if she doesn’t mind haha. And I was thinking about adding flour to stretch it out some.

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

For science!

7 Likes

Ok so perhaps I’ll go with a vigorous male that has a good structure, large meristem, and decent scent profile.

Post #254 for reference.

My top pick so far is number 4. Pleasant aroma with fantastic structure. Sweet and piney scent and the vigor to kick my ass all day long.

Runner up would have to be number 8 with a near identical structure but more of a citrus and sugar smell to it.

Aside from minor details like slightly larger fans, vigor, and thicker meristems, the terps are what’s jumping out at me.

I have no issues making crosses of each but my main focus for this cycle is going to be one or two males only. So the rest will wait till the clones are ready to make the last crosses.

5 Likes

You, sir, are today’s winner of the internet!

*Results may vary and your wife will probably kill you in your sleep for using her toy.

8 Likes

She said I have her permission hahaha

6 Likes