Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 TE Remix

@Northern_Loki,
Let me see if I have this straight… y’all are talking about taking a Bodhi seed, Tranquil Elephantizer (which is a cross between two original strains) and pollinating it with a male from a different strain from somewhere else?

The way it sounded, though, was that they were just going to make Tranquil Elephantizer seeds and give them out. If the former, why would that even be a problem as I read of many people here crossing strains, all the time.

… So what’s Truth and what’s God?.. (My fellow “Niners” will understand that)

7 Likes

That’s the plan, my man. . .and unless someone can get me in touch with bodhi or bodhi pms me or posts on one of the Bodhi Seed Run Threads, I will remain diligent to this project and respectful to any and all questions comments and concerns, either publicly or privatey, thanks guy​:v::grin::yum:

5 Likes

It’s very long to explain in details all the mechanisms involved in an open pollination. I will try my best to be synthetic.

F1 are cemented by the heterosis, the genetic shock when twos “stranger lines” have a meeting lol To do an anthropomorphism, we are all F1 and have the tendency to search a partner able to make F1.

F2 is a repeated sequence, and start to create segregation than start to fight to survive. So you will have specimens more close to the mother than the F1, others more close to the father, other a weak mix of twos with different balances and sometimes also specimens which come from very far, like 4 generations before the initial parents. Depend on the blood in question and if they share a common skeleton (like twos skunks, or two dutch hazes)

When you use an open pollination on F2, you don’t backup anything. To don’t lost anything, you have to isolate each subgroup then to create a specific F3 line for each subgroup : subgroup “look like daddy”, subgroup “look like mommy”, subgroup " wtf is this" lol etc …

So, sorry to debunk this without more words but at this early stage of segregation an open pollination is the more destructive process than can be done. It don’t mean than it can be bad at all, who know. But the genetic equilibrium in game will choose for you what to save and what to wipe.

9 Likes

So, if you are taking a TE female and pollinating it with a TE male, wouldn’t that still be an F!? Or, do you add to each subsequent generation (i.e. breeding a M & F of the same strain) becomes an F2, and breeding two of those results in an F3, etc?

2 Likes

Generally, the off spring are referred to as F2’s at this point.

There may be more accurate nomenclature.

My concerns run toward the breeder.

If, from all of this, his name is somehow attached to inferior genetics that result from this endeavor, it will not serve the breeder we all love very well.

8 Likes

So, if we then took a M & F from THAT breeding, would the resulting seeds then be F3 or would they still be F2?

2 Likes

I can understand that…but it seems a bit feudal, is OG’s mission to serve the business people that sponsor or advertise here?

Paradise Seeds used to make a lot of strains I like, Belladonna and Sensi Star, but they changed to only selling feminized seeds. That was a clear message they don’t want me making seeds of their plants. If you sell me regular seeds, nature is going to take its course! :smile:

I’m coming at it from another direction - we need to overgrow the world’s governments. with schwag? I hope not :smile:

12 Likes

They would be F3’s. And specifically, this would be a new cross of two new F2 plants.

If one liked the mother and made a back cross, that is another animal altogether.

4 Likes

Very good point my man! That we definitely don’t want to do, ummmmm damn give me i little to ponder this, I do trust my breeders, plus it will be logged so we will all be able to see parentage, so maybe if there is a shitty runt or something like that they get isolated? I’ll think more into this, thanks 99% very good incite​:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes

Even though they are the exact same strain TE/TE and not two separate strains?

Huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

1 Like

I am not an expert breeder.

F1 x F1 = F2
F2 x F2 = F3 etc.

Once you have an Fn (n = a number) intended for breeding, the F disappears and is replaced by S for strain and the resulting plants are referred to as S1BX1

I should get some back up here from those who are expert.

4 Likes

@Scissor-Hanz
Am I correct that the seeds for this strain, Tranquil Elephantizer are no longer being produced? If this is true, what would be the problem?

6 Likes

2 f2s of the same strain bred together gets f3. . .any 2 different strains bred together give you hybrid or polyhybrid or even multipolyhybrids. . . .and f2 bred with an original f1 parent of the same strain is a backcrossing

3 Likes

That’s what we are all trying to figure out my man

2 Likes

Does this apply to continuing breeding the same stain (i.e TExTE) to continue a supply of the seeds?

Back Cross is…? Is this using collected pollen from the male parent to pollinate the Daughter?

2 Likes

Gotta day I agree with @Fuel in regards to the open pollination, I can’t see how 10 seeds could warrant such a thing, backwards for sure.

4 Likes

DING… DING…, DING… I think I get it!!!

Now, would that F2 cross with the different F2 become a F1 Hybrid?

I think I remember you or @ReikoX saying about back crosses so I think I had that right.

2 Likes

Back Crossing is usually intended to obtain 1 or more certain traits in the original mother you like when you smoked her.

In all events, lacking the two original plants that made your seeds, you are merely chasing the original, with little hope of getting everything she had in every resulting seed.

Back crossing to the original mother or father.

3 Likes

You are picking up on the issues fo sho.

4 Likes

Little off topic but god danm 99, how u got so many pips? U cheating somehow haha😎

5 Likes