Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 TE Remix

Thanks for being patient & gentle. It’s very clear your experience outweighs almost everything here and personal connection erases any doubt.

And this is where there is some genuine innocence and probably part of why we’re not being shown the door.

I don’t think there’s a collective mission to lower the average seed price and I do think ‘everyone loves Bodhi’ so we very much appreciate what’s being said about unintended harm to years of work. Work that we all have likely benefited from.

Thanks once more for taking the time to steward what is roughly a good idea that needs some TLC from the Qualifed.

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

:hugging:

@LemonadeJoe… My long-lost Uncle I have never met. :smile:

:lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon::lemon: :thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree: Joe, if you lose your job, teach children, please :innocent:

6 Likes

@LED_Seedz I know you’ve seen my posts since you’ve been online. I’m awaiting a reply to each post that I called you out on.

4 Likes

I think the shark tank might be more appropriate for that. Kinda cluttering the threads here.

7 Likes

Absolutely not. It’s relevant to these threads since HE wanted them shut down anyways!

2 Likes

The previous message was for an individual, not the forum, no?

Depersonalize, write in 3rd person to increase statement’s influence. :thumbsup: :nerd:

1 Like

Yeah…Duck that ship. When a woman or man pulls a plant out of their chest a la Alien, ill accept that it’s theirs to own.

6 Likes

Since 2016 I’ve given away at least 10,000 seeds, maybe 20,000, that were F2’s of breeder packs I purchased from TGA/Subcool, Dutch Passion, Brother’s Grimm, BCGA, Paradise, and Dynasty Seeds.

Sure hope the “breeder police” don’t come looking for me! :smile: In fact, I’m still holding around 2,000 TGA Chernobyl cross seeds that I’d be happy to piggy-back onto these projects - if someone is volunteering to mail out all the seeds I’d be thrilled to send them enough Chernobyl to add a bonus pack for everyone to play with.

My goal is to protect my now-legal right to cultivate by creating an army of home growers. Empowered by growing their own herb, this grass-roots force will fight any attempt to restrict or repeal home-growing rights in the future :sunglasses:

37 Likes

Last time i checked there is only one proprietary strain here in canada. And to apply for proprietary rights it has to be an IBL with little to none phenotypical variation. So you cant even get proprietary status on f1s.
Ive never looked before but are there even any proprietary strains in USA?

Edit- its called the ‘plant breeders rights act’ here in Canada.

8 Likes

not sure but I would imagine the big obstacle to trademarking or copyrighting one’s cannabis seeds is federal prohibition.

6 Likes

Just curious, I have this question for OG - why don’t the Seed Police crack down on this project?

8 Likes

I know I’m an idiot when it comes to stuff like this, Can someone please explain to me, without the “Breedereze”, what the difference is between the f’s and s’s?

2 Likes

You got it, man. The terrible irony is that the same federales have pre-empted legalization and patented cannabinoids for nerve dmg therapy.

[where’s my vomit emoji?]

Overgrowing until the plant returns to being a weed is job #1. :smile:

:clap: standing ovation (does ovation have anything to with “O-face” :astonished: ?) :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

Some info that may be helpful @WMoon518:

And, there was another excellent thread about standardizing the conventions but can’t seem to find it. Someone?

Well, here an external link: https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/basic-nomenclature-cannabis-genetics/

7 Likes

what’s the short version - we’re all using “F2” as a slang term right? It’s more accurate to say the seeds made from breeder packs are copies.

I don’t think homebrew “F2” seeds will match the F1 seeds, they’re usually a little different in some way. Maybe that’s why I see “F2” giveaways as harmless. It’s not the “authentic” strain, just good seeds IMO. You could have selected different plants from the parents and gone in a different direction, or less vigor, etc.

10 Likes

Open pollination with as many plants as possible would give you the closest offspring to the parents though correct?

Edit
Or i guess more diff phenos but you should find the same phenos as in the f1 gen?

3 Likes

Yeah I think open pollination would give you offspring with enough variation to find what it should be… You know? Lol

not sure if I even know

3 Likes

I do see an ethical issue with breeding a fellow OG’ers commercially available seeds for a giveaway on OG. But C-50’s really not ‘in the scene’ enough to judge him for an accidental, well-intended, missed step. He also gave away the few seeds he made (accidentally I believe) as mixed.

As a hypothetical,
Say I make f-2 seeds of a strain created and commercially available by one of OG’s sponsors. Then do a giveaway thread with those seeds. Of course it would be legal, but is that not an ethical overstep?

…For the record, I have no problem with any preservation project of rare and/or no longer available strains. I’m glad to watch that happen.

11 Likes

Define ethics to all our world wide brothers and sisters for us😉 lol jk
But yes It would be unethical, I don’t know about individual projects but the bodhi runs I have started are not commercially available atm, afaik

3 Likes

eth·ics
noun
plural noun: ethics; noun: ethics

moral principles that govern a person's behavior or the conducting of an activity.

synonyms: moral code, morals, morality, values, rights and wrongs, principles, ideals, standards (of behavior), value system, virtues, dictates of conscience

11 Likes