Seed Run Co-op: Goroka Highland, Papua New Guinea

Days don’t matter when your listening to her whisper she tells all

9 Likes

These plants are really unique looking. What kind of smells are the stalks having?

2 Likes

I just went over this thread again and no descriptions of the effects / type of high. Has anyone here tried this one? What kind of flavors is it known for? How big in its native environment? Those leaves remind me a bit of oaxacan pics. Very serrated. Beautiful. To get on the list here is being a member enough? I’m not seeing three dots at the top of the page.

Not sure what you mean by three dots but I just checked and there are plenty of member level 2 spots open still for sighn ups
Just a friendly reminder all preservation runs now come with a small fee per strain to cover shipping and packaging costs for the distributors, well worth the effort put forth by everybody involved and anything extra goes to the sever :grin:

9 Likes

How do I find out if I am member level 2?

2 Likes

You are at TL2, “Member”. Can be found in your profile.

6 Likes

Thank you very much lemonade Joe! I’m sure you figured out I’m not real Swift with computers haha. So who do I give my safe address to ? Mom on the run? You? The breeder?

2 Likes

Oops. Didn’t mean to erase my post. I still can’t figure out how to do this@#@#$%## lol never mind. Got post back

Looking good @DiggySoze

If you click on your username in a post, you get a little popup window that shows your level, among other things. :vulcan:

3 Likes

8 weeks old. Humidity is way low. One was lagging behind and was segregated. Each plant has 8-10 nodes below the apex.
The fan leaves of each of these Goroka Highlands have a peculiar habit of trying to push the branches out of the way.

Tried using a lighter for reference and it got lost in the foliage. Not sure where the ruler is either…
They’re currently about 2ft square, by <1ft tall at the tops. The rolling blob of canopy in the center needs a minor defoliation.

Ahhhh… that’s much better.
Wait what the hell. Still looks the same… whatever. They’ll be fine.

28 Likes

Starting to get bushy! Nice vigor on these. Do you mean the fan leaves seem to hover over the side branches as they form?

1 Like

Yesterday’s photos. First photo of the four that you posted yesterday. The plant shows a fan Leaf clipped off with the petiole still attached at the bottom left-hand corner of the picture. 4 nodes up from the bottom on the right side, is that the plant pre sexing? It’s a little blurry so I couldn’t tell but it looks like a female. There is already a branch forming at that node, so I don’t believe it’s another branch. It seems they’re enjoying their new light source.

1 Like

They are, but which is which is still up in the air.

In the same picture, you notice the secondary branching and sunleaf petioles cross over each other?

4 Likes

I did see that with the leaves in the side shoots. It’s almost as if the leaf is saying oh no… not yet my friend.
Too small to tell sex? Couple days then on that one. I can almost tell with picture blown up. They all look happy. You are going to have a jungle on yr hands before too long.! I’m curious to see if the female ratio in this tropical strain is high or not. Coming along nice.

4 Likes

Nah they’re showing I just haven’t paid them any attention. Lmfao, dude. You were totally right, the one you pointed out is definitely a female.

Plus a definite male, and this project is officially underway!

28 Likes

Hello .
Where can i find where i am in trust level ??
I am ready to put My name om THE list .
Pleas help me here

6 Likes

Hi Drnylle, to find your trust level click on your avatar, when that opens a new page click on your avatar again and on the far right you will see Trust Level. Your trust level is Member so I think that is level 2.

I will add your name to that list for you buddy, you’re #9 on the trust level 2 list, have you private messaged your name and address to your distributor UK/EU: Gaz29 so they know where to send them?

11 Likes

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! They sexed about on schedule right? Not knowing this landrace, a male is extremely important. You never know how rare they could be. I have read numerous instances of people not breeding with the first male they find in a certain variety, only to kick themselves in the ass later because they can’t find another one. Good deal. Happy to see that you have one already. Hoping for two?

8 Likes

How’s the plants Diggy? They all sex yet? Any updates for us? Hope all is going well.

4 Likes