Seed Run Co-op: Goroka Highland, Papua New Guinea

:hourglass: :sweat_smile: :hugs: :wink:

Thanks for doing this & sorry for pooping in your thread. :v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

What color green would you say they are in the regular light? Drought tolerant is a great quality to have. What do you think about mold resistance? I would think they would be good, but does New Guinea have any dry regions? No right? I better check. I’ve been meaning to look at the goroka Highlands on a map for the longest time. Time to get my ass in gear. Looking good as always Diggy. Did you read that post on the other thread about the Mexican landrace idea for after Christmas? Have any old Mexican varieties you’d like to run at the same time?

3 Likes

No sorry necessary. There’s two rules I try to follow; 1) don’t sweat the small stuff and 2) it’s all small stuff.

Reeeeeal lime green. Almost as if I have not been feeding them… (I haven’t)

That’s a damn good question. From what I was reading Goroka Highlands seems to be a bit of an oasis on an island of crazy weather. The plant, at its very thickest point, is still somewhat see-thru. As far as morphology, they are about as pro-airflow as a plant could get.

Not a one. Was looking at them Cryptic Labs seeds but I can’t justify buying anything for the foreseeable future. Bought a new dryer a couple weeks back just to find matching electrical / plumbing issues that could have burned the house down. Including the dryer, up to about $1100 so far… Don’t even want to think about how much I’ll have spent by the time it’s in order.

4 Likes

Was your old dryer spinning but not heating?

If so good chance it’s the wall outlet only pulling half the voltage it needs I delivered appliances years back almost always when someone just replaced the dryer we would install it then check it and no heat

If the heating element goes out on a dryer it’s a very simple and normally cheap fix ,the spinning of a dryer though is a pain in the ass lol

2 Likes

Didn’t have any dryer before. There was a laundromat right next to the crib but the owner passed away a month or two ago.

2 Likes

Oh so you had to have a outlet wired in that sucks

Well if you haven’t had a vent put in yet home depot and all the other big box’s sell a dryer vent kit that goes to a bucket instead of a vent in your house it works well if you keep water in the bucket if you don’t it doesn’t work so well

2 Likes

That Colombian /malawi I grew was the same way. It would just sit there and wait for you, but never droop much. It was the most resilient plant I ever grew. I really enjoyed it.

4 Likes

Lime green and open structure would both indicate mold resistance I would bet. I was looking at the highlands on google earth. Beautiful valley at 5000 feet in between two mountain ranges. I haven’t read my history much recently, but the G.I.'s in WW2 would have passed very near here when they flanked the Japanese. My grandfather was with them. 7th Infantry Division. He charged alone separately 2 times at machine gun bunkers, taking them out with grenades at close quarters, winning the silver star in the process…must have been smoking that Goroka lol!

14 Likes

Awww, look at the widdle budsite. She’s so cute.

23 Likes

hallucinogenic im sure…

7 Likes

I’m getting so excited! Good size nug for lower growth. What have the smells morphed into?

3 Likes

Damn good question, but won’t know for a few days tho. Instead of spraying anything on the plants in flower, the tent was fumigated with eucalyptus oil and the smell will linger for a couple days.

At six months of veg, and one week of flower. The plant on the right is pulling further ahead, hazard a guess of August first harvest.
They’re surprisingly heavy feeders for pure sativas, and are getting a dose of hollytone today.

20 Likes

Those have a wonderful structure as far as I’m concerned. I love plants like that. Good airflow in between branches and Buds spaced just perfectly so each one gets a good amount of light. 50 landraces I’ve acquired since November Diggy. Two of the ones I’m most excited about are the Goroka and the Azad Kashmir😁. That Eucalyptus oil is for pest management? Or aromatherapy for the Goroka? lol.

3 Likes

Yeah. Hadn’t seen a fungus gnat in months but when the warm weather showed up so did they.
There was a study using pennyroyal as a fumigant for thrips, and I’ve used eucalyptus and rosemary before as pesticides, so it seemed reasonable that other essential oils would work as a fumigant if they’re evaporated in high enough concentrations.

6 Likes

This things like a f’n roommate now… better pay some rent! :laughing: :v:

:evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

Alright I’m in. Was gonna pass on these, but i think imma get em for my step-dad. Half cause he keeps telling me he wants a giant ass plant in the backyard n loves sativas… half to just fuck with him on the crazy flowering times lol

9 Likes

So how did you do this fumigation exactly? Was it just a pure essential oil jar left open? Cut with some other oil?

2 Likes

Simply beautiful @DiggySoze loving the looks of this strain.

4 Likes

LOL & then he’s calling :point_right: you to help salvage it in November :laughing:

:christmas_tree:

5 Likes

The sisters are starting to show off their individuality.
This one has more long, thin branches like a Thai.

And her sister on the right has a little more of a Christmas-tree shape to her branches, like a South American.

I’d be interested to see their genes sequenced, alongside Mullimbimby Madness. I’ve a sneaking suspicion they’re in the same family.

Greening up a bit after their feeding. They’ll probably get a little hollytone with each watering until the seeds are ready, or she shows signs of burning.

28 Likes