Seed Run Co-Op Rare or Discontinued Preservation Project In-house Special

Ain’t nobody got time fo dat. Thanks for thinking of me! Maybe in the fall. Love and Gratitude…

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Ok! That sounds like it’s up my alley. I love sour d. Wanted to get my hands on that CBG Ghana, but slept on it too long. Do you by chance have pollen from that cross?

I’m planning on making hybrids of one African sativa each time I advance the JS ibl generation. Next grow I’ll be running F2 to make F3, and I think I’ve settled on running some Durban from cannabiogen. After that, possibly Nigerian and then Malawi.

9 Likes

Very good problem solving @Sebring …in a way we vote when we put our name on a strain’s list. I’m ignorant of all the breeders inputs on lots of these and really starting to think about the ethical implications. I guess I don’t want to ever get involved in a bickering over seeds. I sure don’t want to hurt somebody counting on seed sales for a livelihood. However, I equally think it’s a damn shame to lose genetics.

9 Likes

Those where my thoughts as well. :blush:
Good thing we aren’t actually losing them. It’s absolutely possible to run a BX2-3 and have a strain be considered “different” than It’s F1 origin. It probably shouldn’t be considered different, based on genetic distinctness, but it is within the commercial seed breeding industry, so I might just push Timewreck through that loophole and watch seeds rain down. :wink:

17 Likes

I’d like to grow some new strains, but just sprouted 3 more so my grow room is somewhat full. I’ll have a few in flower come June so I’d have some space for 3 plants then. I’ll grow them and distribute since my breeder tent is empty.

4 Likes

Hey @Sebring. If this is still an option I’m in. Thanks for reaching out

3 Likes

@zephyr I plan in purchasing the malana cream from the real seed company as soon as I can afford it. Hopefully it dosent sell out , I have several of there strains if anybody else has the malana and does a preservation run before I can I’ll do one of there other land races I already have and we could trade.

8 Likes

that’s awesome heritagefarms, I’d love to see some of these pure strains gathered at the origin point preserved for the community.

In general I think the seed co-op should try to preserve and distribute as many landraces as possible. after all, they are the genetic originators of most of out modern hybrids, and in the future, these may be the only way to bring vigor and biodiversity back into the hybrid genepool.

11 Likes

I do agree that keeping the landraces and older heirloom varieties pure for future breeding stock is essential to maintaining a diverse and healthy population, esp now that strains are making there way around the globe and intermingling with eachother at a ever increasing rate. Genetic bottlenecks are a dead end road, look at the royal family. It takes alot of work and planning to keep lines pure and stable but still maintain some genetic diversity amongst the population to avoid the mutations and lack of fertility that comes from inbreeding.

11 Likes

I’m totally on board with this idea. I have a few unworked landraces that I’d like to develop into pure heirlooms over the next couple years. I wouldn’t mind giving out some seeds I make along the way. It’ll generally be more limited in capacity compared to a full preservation run (~100 seeds per plant), but eventually culminating into a larger distribution when there’s a fairly stable IBL.

12 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Hahah super sketchy website for sure.
Theres a guy on fb group that has talked people into basically buying that Elephant strain for him for $1000/pk hahahhah
Ppl are gonna pitch in for his seeds just to get a random clone back in 2-3years!!!
Ive tried numerous times to save these ppl the disappointment but nobody wants to listen.
Hes also asking for ppl to pay$100/random clone ahhahah
Some people

7 Likes

WOW,just WOW! Read this whole mess…wow!
Got news for everyone…it is a PLANT…it belongs to NO ONE…and EVERYONE!!!

Did not even read what the lady wrote…WHY WOULD I…partnered with UNCOOl…oh HELL TO THE NO!!!

I am new, but if my vote counts any…make the F2s. If she partnered with HIM, SHE has done crap that she should be whipped for…

As ALWAYS…JMHO…

8 Likes

I’ve got some Salmon River OG from Dynasty - is that what you are looking for ?

3 Likes

Funny, I posted a pic today of a Salmon River I ran last year. Nice pic of it, in what ya smoking today thread…

1 Like

I dont think salmon river OG and salmon creek big bud are the same plant. I’m looking for salmon creek big bud, its bred down from big bud , its rumored to be clone only but I dont beleive that as I always saw it grown from seeds , and they produced very uniform plants. Itd just hard to get outside of certain circles. I might have to wait till I get back to northern california to track it down. Wasent the most potent but huge producer and unique flavor.

9 Likes

You R correct…2 different strains.

2 Likes

sounds like that salmon creek big bud would be amazing for making hybrids with low yielding heirlooms. I’m always looking for large plants with good calyx to leaf ratio to cross to sparse or leafy landraces. That’s usually a good way to adapt the landrace medicinal traits into a higher yielding indoor hybrid for med production.

I like to make a few hybrids like that whenever I do a pure landrace open pollination.

7 Likes

Sounds fishy to me. Hahaha

3 Likes

Probably get hooked.

2 Likes