Seed Run Co-Op Rare or Discontinued Preservation Project In-house Special

Perhaps someone here has a version of that…anyone?

I’d say as little as 5 and as much as you can…just speaking from experience as the upcoming Mendo’s (breath and blues) I am running, had 5 of each - wound up with 4 blues and 3 breath…soon to be grown out for a seed run yet had 11 Lucky Charms with only 3 popping…2 girls and 1 boy :wink:

14 Likes

Yes! The five seeds or more is exactly what I wanted to hear!! I’m pretty sure I still have 6 seeds of my original Blue Tara pack - saw there was a hold up on the preservation project. I have quite a few other discontinued Bodhi things I want to preserve. I’m just waiting to get my hands on a grow tent and for the weather to cool down a bit. I can’t afford to give up my space for production growing atm.

I’m constantly out of likes. :rolling_eyes:

18 Likes

Were these sent out on the 13? If so should I be on the look out for them?

3 Likes

Love and light from me :yellow_heart::green_heart::heart: Hope you take care of your self and be happy .
You are unmasing

5 Likes

Thanks MOTR for continuing to put up with us. You are the best! I didn’t have my notification set up right on this page… no wonder I was in the dark. Now, I gotta go back and read what I’ve missed. peace

6 Likes

Personally ,its my opinion if its someone throwing two cultivars together and make “F1’s” from someone else’s work, its open season on working those lines further if you wish.
On the other hand, if someone has worked on IBL line(s) for several generations and make their own unique F’1s, its my opinion to be respectful get a hold of the breeder if possible and seek permission.
Even then, if its for personal use or to share freely, I feel its ok to reproduce or shape the lines. Its when u go into business of selling beans of others gear it gets sticky.
Ive heard either Phylos or Sam SKunkman (cant remember which, I think Phylos) is working on cannabis cultivars that you cannot pollinate. Basically, sterile females. That will change the game. Holding beans will become more valuable when u cannot reproduce or further work those lines.

6 Likes

Crazy never heard of that before

3 Likes

Yes hortapharm Dave’s (aka sam) company was very open about creating plants that are sterile and just about impossible to clone. I had a feminized blue dream auto from dinafem and I coverd it in pollen and did not get a single seed. It was not the pollen as I used it a month later and successfully made seeds on some other girls. Terminator Gene’s and assassin pollen are some of Monsanto’s most fucked up gifts to the world.

3 Likes

yea bro. tell me about it.
I heard someone discussing it when this whole Phylos thing blew up a month or so ago. There was some Sam Skunkman shit going around at the same time so I cannot say 100% it was Phylos, but it makes sense, as I hears Sam is still working in the business.
If you can create lines that cannot reproduce, then you have essentially cornered a market with your product (that are more than likely, stolen genetics from unwitting breeders and cultivators).
If Phylos can produce cannabis cultivars that cannot be seeded, thats a game changer, bigly!

7 Likes

OK, so Its prolly Dave T-wat-son then.
I knew it was one or the other.
Cannabis legalization will change the game. Here in Canada, we can grow cannabis, but the Govt wants us to buy our genetics from them and they get the taxation from it.
I assume they gonna be able to produce genetics in the future with markers proving if they are Govt bought or not. There is a company I heard debuting genetic marking at Las Vegas canna-trade show, so its coming.

2 Likes

Keep the good beans you have and I’d recommend keeping lines pure and not mixing with genetics from unknown historical backgrounds. Alot of the original seed companies and breeders got genetics from sam, but there is also alot who dident. The terminator gene can be inserted in a way that it wont show up for several generations, making sure to work it’s way into as many gene pools as possible. There is a reason people are swooping up as many landrace and heirloom genetics as they can , preserving the varieties that truly belong to everybody is key to keeping big ag and pharma from completely controlling the genetic market. My main reason for being on this site is the intention of preserving and spreading as many landrace and heirloom genetics as possible to combat the genetic bottle neck and controll mechanisms these companies are already putting in place.

17 Likes

Holy crap, I had no idea this was going on. One more thing for me to read up on!

6 Likes

@newb2.0 your journey down the rabbit hole begins.

9 Likes

That endeavor is not only evil but a tad “out of touch” and frankly idiotic. Just sayin’. Strictly my stoned old opinion.

:cowboy_hat_face:

10 Likes

Shadey AF, I know eh…

3 Likes

U know in this new “legal” climate the run is on to find “proprietary cultivars” that cannot be further bred.
Here in Canada, Im waiting for the Govt to contract out to a business like Phylos to make genetics for the Govt to retail.
Its only a matter of time in my opinion.

6 Likes

implying scatman and Phylos don’t have the same handlers
Wew…

2 Likes

I decided to be responsible and wait to go to the state fair until next week besides I do not have much patience for other peoples little ones…snot nosed brats doing stupid shit while parents seem oblivious and that was just in the store before dealing with parking, entrance etc so kicked ass picking up my oldest son’s room instead. I’ll try again on Tuesday after my youngests’ occupational therapy appt

Now I am kicking up old messages trying to get tracking numbers out though out of the little patience I had left for the day Unfortunately, it seems I have to wait 23 hrs before I can “start a new message” Sooooo, hashtree, thenasty1, ct2003viper, Jdem, Bubbaray, Randrobertson, Stepintotheligh and Khaoohs please pm me as I have tracking numbers for you…

Pookie123, GoatRock, whadop, muddragon, otiscampbell, Burnso, misolo313, NRG, UndeadToker, Trichomelab and ohhhthatsmell andOleReynard I will have yours out on Monday…

Baltimore, Meesh and Sebring I will have your perennial boxes out on Monday as well…digging up after work (~midnight) on Sunday so the bare roots/bulbs will be thirsty when they get there - these were promised early in the year so is not apart of the preservation runs and only have a couple spots to dig up this year. Now next year, everyone will get a little something with their boxes as it will be dividing time…some in the spring and the majority in the fll

@Gaz29 @Shadey I have had a fuck of a time getting your boxes out! I started with a flat rate box = 32.00. Repacked in a large mailer envelope to get it to 24…ok. Went in and they were like, 56.00 each wft!!! Of course I wanted to talk to the postmaster…had to get his 2nd grader from school - 102 temp, throwing up and just plain miserable so was understandbly unavailable. One of the attendance suggested in a box or wrap in butcher paper to get the 17.50 fee so thats what i’ll be doing tonight so they are ready to try again on Monday

Once I get these boxes out I will be doing an audit as some have sent to my personal wallet on Paypal instead of using the current link and lost track - think I have it fixed now though we are stoners - it happens :stuck_out_tongue: Plus there are those that have slapped down a 20 or 50 to “use for whatever”, “wanting to contribute” etc and got behind updating my records - just need to do periodic checks and balances …finished it at work soooo may as well do it for this :wink:

27 Likes

Like we say in Texas…Bless Your Heart Darlin’

:cowboy_hat_face:

12 Likes

Awesome! Thank you so much. Mom is gonna love tbem. It’s still good enough to get them in and established…

6 Likes