Seed Run Co-Op Rare or Discontinued Preservation Project In-house Special

I can’t really say I am in need but looking for some sativa/mostly sativa for next season’s outdoor grow down here at -27 degrees south.

5 Likes

Well if you looking for soaring trippy sativas then I would say that the congo black X angola red crossed to any of the other landraces I mentioned would be just that! The price to pay for that soaring trippy sativa is usually the extended flowering time…
Like I said the Congo black and the Angola red are some pretty rare genetics as that is why I thought there would be some interest from people, But people such as @cannabissequoia and others are not willing to spend a few more weeks flowering out the plants even if they are rare genetics and provide a soaring unique high that you cant get with your average modern hybrid… But hey some people dont want to take an extra 3-4 weeks to flower their plants they want it asap! But to each his own…

7 Likes

Yes I know what you mean, I’m in no position to grow them out right now either hence why I volunteered them up for a seed repro grow… Atleast I could get my project started and at the same time others could enjoy some pretty rare landrace genetics …
But my situation will change and then I will get my project going someday…:slight_smile:

6 Likes

well…in fairness to some of the rest of us might want to consider a need for supplying our own medicine and a lack of resources. It is a lot to learn getting to the point where you can keep yourself in weed Not to mention seed. And then to add the luxury of growing some rare genetic strain with a possibility of hunting something like Jungle Spice in a cross with those…

6 Likes

I hope I didn’t throw a monkey :monkey: :tools: wrench in the :gear: works here!

@pookie123 apologies if my stoned-ness/sarcasm confused things-- I looooove me some equatorial sativa for all the above reasons but am limited by … well, “reality”, :grin: and supposedly there are these legal restrictions I hear of :thinking::wink:

onward! :herb: :herb: :herb: :herb: :globe_with_meridians: :herb: :herb: :herb: :herb:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Hey all
Sorry for not being around but life has been testing my family lately.
I probably wont be on here much the next while but Im still here in spirit lol

Did any seed runs finish after the Jungle Spice?

Tranquil elephantizer?
Cant remember the others but i figured a couple more would be done by now.
Anyway, may all your seeds germ healthy and tour harvest be bountiful.
Cheers

13 Likes

You’re looking to open pollinate to bulk up the numbers, and distribute them with the rest of the co-op seed runs? I can dedicate a room to them, and germinate the same day they come in.

Addendum: My Resumé

14 Likes

keep me in mind for this one in the future @pookie123, I would love to help out with your african landrace preservation project when I can dedicate the space and time.
I lost some of the himalayan seedlings I was hoping to use for this years breeding project, let me think about whether I could work something like the durban into my plans for the season. A project like that might need to wait for a long indoor cycle because of the climate here. I have experience growing landraces and african sativas indoor, but I’m not sure I have enough space in a small indoor grow for the numbers necessary for large open pollinations to preserve the diversity of the line, unless refining selections are what you’re going for.

@DiggySoze I’d love to see this project get off the ground too, it will be awesome to see some of these genetics documented.

9 Likes

It’s ok, What would we do without a little sarcasm and negativity?.. As you say, You are limited by “REALITY” and “These legal restrictions you here of” … So since you can’t contribute , you might as well contribute some sarcasm and negativity to my “Offer”…Thank’s for your input though as it was enlightening and helpful… Haha! :grinning:

5 Likes

Can anyone help me confirm that timewreck is discontinued…I been searching the web and have gotten mixed results…even tho I’m not completely sure i have f1, or f2…if they are I smell another co-op preservation :grin:

3 Likes

I definitely would if I didn’t already have 4 strains in the works between now and November…if still need a grower say, in September i’ll run them though that has to be my last seed run for a bit as I promised my daughter we will pheno hunt in late winter/early Spring

Just the TE Remix is done - looks like Cackleberry and Zamdelica x GDP will be ready next

Looks like they are available at OASeeds

11 Likes

Sounds good, This is a project I have been wanting to start for a couple years now and just have not gotten started or can’t start it in my current situation… But if I can get it going it will be an ongoing project and the help of others would certainly speed things along. My goal right now is to mix several African landraces together and then go from there as far as choosing which strains to go forward with… But as of now I would like to mix as many African only landraces as possible… Like I said I have a few African hybrids of it’s landraces to work with so far.:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Oh I understand you are a busy women for sure…:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wish I could offer some help. Most of my collection is landraces, and I’m buried as well in trying to figure out what I’m going to do with them. :joy:

It’s a good problem to have. I’ll be working a jungle spice IBL (Congolese hybrid), and I want to start developing heirlooms from some Iranian and Lesotho seeds I have.

7 Likes

I completely understand, You have your projects to work on… Perhaps we can collaborate at a later point with the African landrace project … I also have a bunch of lesotho and transkei seeds that I wish I could pheno hunt with…:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks @DiggySoze, I willl get back with you soon and discus things I would not mind bulking up the line but I’m really wanting to combine various African landraces to see what might come out of them. While an open pollination would be great to preserve a particular strain i’m not really wanting to do that with the african lines. Now I do have some Acapulco gold that is supposed to have been preserved since the mid 60’s by an old farmer that has since passed away that would be great for an open pollination… I only have like 10 seeds of it that are supposed to be about 20 years old and I was told that they would germinate at about 30 percent… So I 'm not sure what to do with these being they are rare and fragile… I figure some GA3 would be helpful to try and get as many to sprout as possible. But like I said I’m not sure yet what to do with these being they rare and fragile as I said already… I defiantly want to preserve this strain , I know that much, Just how to go about it…

6 Likes

@pookie123 Not to beat a dead horse… :smiling_imp:

This is an organic Saginaw Valley Skunk, week 4.5
And back on April 29th:

And one of reikos lowryders that is currently hanging.

12 Likes

You’re looking to cross the Congo Black x Angola Red with another?

3 Likes

Thats crazy…i was just negotiating a trade for some axis…which is supposedly Congo (black)×88g13hp…that could have been a interesting bx.

6 Likes

Yes I am, Perhaps a few others… I have a durban X Ciskei (durban Punch) and king congo (congo black X Ciskei) also a Durban poison (ed rosenthal) , ethiopian ,morrocan, and more african landraces, Also have a Ghana landrace that is crossed with sour diesel that would be interesting but I’m not sure if I want to mix a non african landrace or not as I would like to keep the crosses as pure African landraces I think for now, Then perhaps at a later date mixing them with other non african strains… As you can see I have a few african landraces to work with…
What I do know is that I would like to start with the Congo black ibl X Angola Red ibl f2 as the main strain and then figure out which to run with it depending on how many it will be possible to work with…:slight_smile:

5 Likes