Seed Run Co-Op Rare or Discontinued Preservation Project In-house Special

I actually got rid of the Axis strain last month as I am looking for pure landraces right now… I was hesitant to let them go though as I too thought they would be great to use in a cross or by them selves!:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Assuming they stretch like Lambsbread and Zamaldelica, best bet is probably flowering <6" clones, 9 per m2

2 Likes

Yes I would assume that they would stretch as you say… I also have some zamaldelica f2’s and lambsbread seeds…

6 Likes

Lmfao. That’s hilarious. First time I ran into the Lambsbread it put me in my place. To this day have never seen another plant stretch like she did.

5 Likes

I am currently trying to work out a trade for just a few seeds ,like 5 congo black X durban poison and 10 congo black… The thing is he says the Congo black he has he found a male and a female out of about 70 plants that he said grew more like an indica in structure,so I thought that would be great to use to try and help with stretch and flower structure to help tighten up the bud structure of the not so dense sativas… Hopefully I will get those soon…

5 Likes

HMU if you want to collaborate on some pheno hunts. Over the next few weeks I’m finishing up some grows, and then I’m going to use the full capacity of my grows to try and nail down a good pheno for the jungle spice F3. After that (estimate around the end of the summer) is when I plan to run some of these unworked seeds and start hunting them!

7 Likes

That would be nice, right now I can not even grow, hence why I am reaching out to others to help with the growing of my seeds as I cant even grow right now but would like to get something going if possible… Also I figure some of the other landrace sativa lovers might like some seeds from these somewhat rare landrace strain mixes…But hopfully by the end of the summer I will also be able to grow again… We will see.

6 Likes

Sounds good. I’m interested in African genetics as well, so let’s keep in touch. The Lesotho is interesting to me, because it’s a sativa that I think will acclimatize well to Colorado and finish outdoor before the snow.

I have some Congo black, Sinai (RSC), a few Moroccans, Durban, Malawi (Ace) and Nigerian (afropips line). Interested in getting my hands on one or two more Congolese strains, Angola red and French touch’s reunion island strains.

5 Likes

That’s curious… I understand it was made by former-associate of TGA/Sub and handed to him. IMO, go for it. :relieved:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I think I’ll just hold on to em for awhile, until I find out for sure. In the mean time I’m going thru the vault to see if I have any discontinued/rare…gems I can share with the community. :grin::sunglasses:

8 Likes

I don’t enjoy the long Flower time but I love that high! I have extra room now with the additional tent so there’s not a rush for space. I’m missing my Sativa in the morning! Much love and respect…
:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Yeah I don’t think any of us enjoy the long flowering time… I just feel like it would be worth it for the end result hopefully… I certainly hope to find some strains and phenos that will help lower the flowering times some… looks like I need to get to planning which strains to use… As I stated already I’m waiting on a trade to go through for some Congo black that is supposed to grow like an indica… I would like to use it as sort of a BX I guess with my existing congo black X angola red… thanks.

6 Likes

I think “IX” (incross) is more like what that’d be (at least that’s what breeders have been calling this type of cross in the market). BX is taking an outcrossed strain and crossing (back) to the exact parent. Incross will provide additional genetics from the line. Neither will be stabilized for future outcrosses without additional filial breeding.

*Also any dominant traits from the outcross will still be prevalent without further filial breeding.

6 Likes

Traits dominate /recessive and alleles- a search yields…perhaps the first intelligent response was

I’m pretty sure a dominant trait is a universal thing - now, something like “potency” or “yield” is a product of multiple alleles, so unless someone has spent years of research on the DNA of hundreds of strains those can’t be pinned down, but traits comprised of few or one allele like webbed or pinned leafs, pigment levels (leafs, stem, bud, and/or leaf-stems), etc. must exist and be simple to pin down and apply to all, no?

list of dominant recessive traits (a search result)

Also after this many decades some of these traits could be claimed to be dominate/recessive for the male or the female I’d venture but having the traits you want exhibited in both parents seems ‘the way’ whether you achieve it back crossing or outcrossing.

Edit: corrected term to general usage

6 Likes

It definitely does make a difference what choice of strain you use for the outcross. I’ve read about people outcrossing chem cuts to Afghanis and even after 3 generations of backcross “cubing”, still finding distinct traits still showing up from the Afghani parent.

So I agree that you need to be careful in selecting an outcross (if you’re not planning on filial breeding). Otherwise the traits you want might get trampled… With filial breeding after backcrossing, you should still be able to recover a recessive trait. Your recessives from the parent should be tied up in heterozygous alleles.

9 Likes

The above discourse is destined for the ever increasing volumes of oleskool’s Big Red Book of Aquired Knowledge…

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Yes, Thank you, I knew I was not using quite the right terminology that’s why I said kind of like a BX , But not really… Well from your explanation not at all being It would not have been from the exact same parent at all, Just the same strain… Thanks for giving me the correct definition of What a BX is exactly as I just thought that it was simply crossing the same strains back to each other to replace some traits that may have been lost do to long term IBL or a strain that has spread from a single clone for years, Hence it adding more phenos and genetic diversity… so it would be an “IX”
Thanks for explaining the correct definition of BX, Seriously, :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Yes, @oleskool830, I agree completely… It’s always great to learn something new and that is useful. Thank’s Lefty!

3 Likes

For me its all learned until i forget again.

7 Likes

I forgets it all until it learns me again. :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes