Seed Run Co-Op Rare or Discontinued Preservation Project In-house Special

What’s up og peeps, after getting some sound advice to post the matter here and see what the community thinks. This is what I got. I have a f2 pk of timewreck that I got from a buddy, who says he got them from a tester…or whatever…anywhoo I didn’t know they were discontinued…i asked sub were they and his response is below…read it from bottom up…after this I asked could I breed the f2s and share them with the og community…he didn’t answer back…:man_shrugging:t6:

6 Likes

They are your seeds right?

6 Likes

Absolutely, I didn’t know if timewreck was being worked to become available again, after finding out they were discontinued. Technically I can do what I wish them …but since I was in contact with him I figured I’d ask him.

8 Likes

My take on it is any “reworking” Subcool does to “recreate” Timewreck will be a version 2. That means by the rules of the stoner that since you have the seeds and he never even hinted at having an interest in the version 1 genetics that they are yours to do with as you wish, guilt free!!! What are the chances that we could convince you to do a seed run of them?

To be inclusive, let’s see what the community thinks too!

• The genetics are Subcool’s until he says otherwise.
  • The genetics are Jamescoldflame’s, but we should have Subcool’s approval.
  • The genetics are in the public domain, no approval is needed.
  • The genetics are Jamescoldflame’s and no approval needs to be considered other than JCF’s.

0 voters

5 Likes

If you grow a plant you are absolutely allowed to make seeds from it, it is only the cannabis industry where the breeders and seed sellers charge ten dollars and upward per seed AND try to shame and make people feel guilty for making their own.
Think about it, of course they don’t want people to make their own, then they don’t make dollars per seed and have some sort of monopoly.

13 Likes

Hey what’s up. I’ll run a few of the seeds. I’m looking for something more outdoor. I would like to run them. I’m still hunting for the 88. Hazeman has it back now it’s about 40 bucks. I might hold out for the new Brothers Grimm drop. Let me know when you can. I appreciate all you do for the community.

2 Likes

Honestly, I have been on the fence on it…I do believe Timewreck is Jamescoldflames to do as he wishes especially seeing how the parents were lost in a fire with no plans of reworking the strain and was directed towards Qrazytrain instead tells me he has moved on…it would still be nice to get an answer one way or the other since he was engaged in the conversation though he may be avoiding giving a response one way or the other as Homegrown Natural Wonders has basically built themselves up with Timewreck and Jack the Ripper crosses…may be some bad blood there? dunno though I think this is the best take on it and wholeheartedly agree…

With the info we have, go for it :wink:

15 Likes

It’s been a long week. I’m three cones and two beers up, so excuse me if it’s messy :grin:
IMHO, you can’t (shouldn’t be allowed to) patent nature. It’s natural, and unless you developed the base product, you’re shit out of luck.
I deleted a whole heap of stuff. APN.
I’ve got kids, and i created them. Does that mean i own them, and everything that comes from them? Pretty sure I’m going to get smashed on that one.
YMMV. My 2c. etc etc

10 Likes

Well this is my feelings on it as well,I was going to make a seed run anyways, it was just so happens they’re discontinued…so I felt I should share them, if they were not…being worked for 're release.and after I did my part in what I thought was right…i feel that I will do exactly that after this run of ladys, and might make a few crosses of some already gifted preservation strains😁

12 Likes

Sounds great! I was going to say basically what @MomOnTheRun said, but I couldn’t say it any better.

4 Likes

Considering they were testers to begin with is why I voted the way I did. But possession is 9/10th the law. I would wait a month.
Edit: If he hasn’t gotten back with you in a month I would go for it.

5 Likes

Yea, I saw that too, but for me the key point kicking it the other way was that parentage have been lost and sub cool isnt planning on re-working them. At that point outside of some error in production or hermie traits this would be a perfect preservation candidate in my opinion. Of course it would be nice to have approval from SubCool himself, but if theres no monetary gain to be had I don’t see an issue with it.

For me the point where the lines of morality get blurred is when money gets involved. Either the person making the seeds trying to make a profit, or if the breeder is selling or plans to sell the strain in the near future. Outside of that, nobody has the right to tell someone where they can chuck some pollen or who they can give the resulting beans to.

7 Likes

I’ll kick the can too. Considering he has already spoken to subcool and subcool let someone test his genetics (I’m sure there were clauses in the agreement to test seeds). And after all the patience we had with @bohdi to get back with us for approval it would kinda be disrespectful (my opinion). Now if he doesn’t care to get back with us and has no interest in what we plan to do with the seeds then i say full steam ahead…

7 Likes

Can’t believe ANYBODY would ask SubFool anything about morals or ethics for that matter. And just to add a little more, MzJill was awarded rights to TW after divorce, so SubFool has literally ZERO say in any of this (mzjillgrower acct on IG verifies this) 2nd pic most recent post

7 Likes

Guess shes the one that should be asked then.

8 Likes

Wow, fast response!
From @mizzjillgrower on Instagram:

Hi there…
I’m actually the owner of Timewreck legally through the divorce and separation with Subcool.
I do have the original mother and I do plan to continue to make Timewreck.
TGA did not make Timewreck F2.
I can’t dictate to anyone what they do with seeds they own, however I would really appreciate not making F2s of my genetics.
Sub knows Timewreck belongs to me, he is just being shady as usual!
The cover of High Times July issue is Black Dahlia that belongs to me, but of course Sub did not give credit.
Now High Times has to run a retraction in the September issue.
Timewreck is a favorite of mine because the Bloodwreck mother used as well as the Apollo 13 used in the Vortex male.
I will also continue to make crosses using the Bloodwreck and the Apollo 13 moms.
TGA Genetics belongs to me as well and will be dissolved and put to rest.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out!

16 Likes

Awesome so not even her genetics. And only proves my point of SubFool and his ethics

5 Likes

:man_shrugging:t6:…oh well guys…i tried.:grin:…lol

4 Likes

You have f2s correct?

5 Likes

I’ve invited mizjill to OG so she can meet the community and I added that they are F2s that JCF would like to F3. I prefer to never speak for others, so I hope she comes to interact with everyone here. :pray::heart::earth_africa:

11 Likes