Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

I agree with allotment, no apology necessary. Your efforts are certainly appreciated. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out or something. I look forward to the OG preservation seeds. :slight_smile:

10 Likes
10 Likes

Hey will somebody publicly address this issue raised by @SCJedi? This is pretty important. We seed run folk need to know what’s going on and we need it in a timely, transparent fashion.

@LemonadeJoe @moderators @MomOnTheRun @cannabissequoia @Meesh

I and others have also reached out and tagged some of you on my seed run and not been given any guidance on what to do with my seed run seeds - nobody contacted me after I tagged you, and MOTR hasn’t replied to my last two PMs since August.

I also have Wolfpack F2 from @Greenhighlander that I agreed to send out with each of my Pura Vida F2, so it’s not just my seeds that are languishing.

28 Likes

With the goroka I just hit up each of the distributors for the other continents and contacted a bunch of US people directly. Ton of leftover I sent to Sebring to give away on his site.

I’m gunna move this conversation over to the coop general thread since it covers all of them.

8 Likes

Thanks for spotlighting this, I have been trying to tell people not to ship preservation seeds to momontherun for a few months now.

Hopefully we will hear from her soon, and hopefully the spring preservation box will eventually be mailed out when she is able.

One thing is for sure, we need to find another longstanding and reliable member to handle distribution duties for now.

13 Likes

Hello folk, MOTR had let the forum know some time ago that she’d be getting busy for a period and she’d have limited availability to post and reply during that time. But she did note that she was still planning to continue handling the logistics, from what I can recall.

Also, I believe the dates for sending out seeds was consolidated into a twice a year effort per the logistics thread:

Breeders have strains sent to distributors by end of March and September for the 3rd week of April and (3rd week) October mailings starting fresh with the next box in 2020.

That’s all the information I currently have. Hang tight?

20 Likes

Yeah that’s basically my understanding.

The whole process is still setup and working. just the USA members are on a wait until the usa distributor comes back.

The box was supposed to get shipped out in April but there was a few seedruns that were finishing up just after that so it got put to a vote and everyone, including me, voted to wait for the rest of the runs to be done before shipping anything. In hindsight, this was a poor choice :smile: The last seedrun got shipped to her in late May/early June. By that time, the season’s had already changed and she was getting slammed with work. Around the time the last seedrun would have got to her, an entire tree fell into her house. We’ve heard a bit since then but not much.

So at this point, we’re just waiting for season’s to change again/things to calm down, the distributor to come back, and then we’re back in business here in the USA.

Hopefully that’s soon.

22 Likes

I know about as much as @HolyAngel. I have sent her a direct email on behalf of everyone as that’s the only contact info I have aside from here. Hopefully that will prompt her to check in. Best I could do.

I had the impression that @Sebring shared the distribution with her, maybe he has her phone number or has some idea of who is gonna distribute for us now. But I’m not certain.

13 Likes

I tossed all my old packaging but would like us to send a “wish you were here” card :joy: :mailbox:

:evergreen_tree:

15 Likes

I don’t know what the hell happened to those righteous and motivated brothers and sisters. It would take forever to do this without them. They have address’ already for everyone and the experience. The fact that you are not getting replies from the ones set up to do this is disappointing and disheartening. :frowning:

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Apparently.

That’s as fucked up as a soup sandwich.

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Nah man, it’s not fucked up, it’s just life and they’re just seeds. No angry mobs are gathering pitchforks and torches over free seeds. Everybody appreciates whatever time and effort people have already donated. We just had a derailment and I think we all just want to get the pay it forward train back on track.

It seems like it’s in the interests of the entire community to work together to figure it out. I didn’t know this was an issue simmering for a few months, but I don’t feel like it’s that complex.

We’ve got the seeds. Leaders and site admins and mods, please work together to help figure out the centralized shipping in a way that’s still cheap (or free) and easy for users. You’re all trusted for a reason, and now you can earn your keep. :wink: Hopefully developing a system that involves multiple people in the organization and planning and execution, with backups to the backups to the backups, so when real life takes precedent for one person, the whole seed sharing train doesn’t go off the rails.

I’m not a lawyer, but these seeds contain no THC so aren’t they considered legal hemp seeds in the eyes of the govt? Isn’t that how seedbanks operate so openly in the US and Canada?

25 Likes

Co-op means this was organized by members, not OG. The members of the coop will need to find a new distributor for the US for the time being if need be. This was all coordinated between the country distributors and breeders from what I recall. Maybe start there, if y’all have run out of patience.

19 Likes

So do we need someone to act as the US distributor for the next run?
I could fill in if needed. Do we have any long-standing member who want to throw their name in the hat, too. Could vote on it or whatever’s clever.

11 Likes

Idk but this is unfortunate I was on the list for the papa new Guinea, payonia purple paralyzer , fantasy hill and poss a few others was really wanting the papa new Guinea hopefully everything works out

7 Likes

By chance have any left I’m not sure if I’ll ever see the ones sent to the us distributor

6 Likes

I’d love to offer help for us distribution I know I’m not a long standing member but I would love to help. It seems like some new blood in the system could be in order.

12 Likes

Mom is having a tough time atm with her house being hit with a big tree, she also advised me that her local post office was closed and the next closest was 1 hour away 2 hour round trip and operating on a reduced opening times due to covid, and the US new postal masters efforts, in fucking it all up to stop postal ballots happening. As well as staff shortages at work and doing the work of another couple of managers, due to covid and vacations which leaves her little time, to look after her kids, and spend 30 minutes like I do, making up each members seed pack ready for shipping, and I dont have to find ways to hide the seeds in things being in a legal country so it may take her longer.

This year is fucked up with covid everything is taking longer, and having a tree smash through your house doesn’t help either when you only have a relatively short time before winter kicks in, in Alaska, so her priorities may not be packaging up seeds atm for fear of her and her kids freezing to death shortly.

If she had tried to hand this over to someone else, having seeds in her possession already, it would probably still be the same issue, its not as easy as it looks lol, its a steep learning curve when dealing with stoners like we are. The US group is the biggest to deal with and she is also having to deal with other country distributors on top, with specialized shipping camouflage. If she is planning on doing one big mail dump, because of time problems getting to the post office, she may be waiting on money from other members to arrive before she can do it. I am currently waiting on several members for a response but my post office is 10 minutes away so I can just go back and forth when I like.

I think she just needs more time to get things back on track, and hopefully that will be soon. She may be in quarantine or living with friends or hotel temporarily while the house is repaired and has no internet for while.

I believe this is just a blip in the system, due to circumstances out of her control and a bit more patience is required.

41 Likes

If there are breeders who are desperate to get rid of their seeds, then I suggest these breeders contact the distributors of each country, and arrange to ship direct to them and wait until MOTR advises what she can do for the US contingent.

Or we try and find another US member to temporarily ship out the new seeds coming in until MOTR gets back in operation.

This will require members who are signing up for seeds to put their country next to the user name so seed breeders know how much seed to send to the distributors. As distributors dont keep a full list of names and addresses of all members, just who we deal with in our respective countries. If a member signs up and then waits to send their info in, as it sometimes happens, we dont know who belongs where. Even now I still get members on my lists that are in other countries because of stoner error lol.

A new distributor will need to set up a paypal account, and be comfortable with e transfer, bank to bank, giving out there email, name and address and taking cheques and cash.

They will need to set up lists of who there members are and contact them when seeds arrive find out if they want normal or tracked mail, and ask for donations accordingly. Make accounts of seeds and donations received and spent for shipping.

Send server donations to Joe, and breeders packaging and postal donations to the breeders if they want it. Or someone else will have to collect it and work it all out what goes to whom while we are waiting on Mom.

I can help out with advice on how I do my distribution to keep things tracked, and as simple as possible.

32 Likes

I’d just like to point out your post was the 420th post on this topic. Gotta mean something.

14 Likes