Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

I cannot in good conscience :wink:

Right and thats what I had in mind for the 9.50 per box…just something set to the side to help with expenses - moreso for breeders though can split it however we want thats fair for all

At this point in time, those expenses are up to the breeders to do. To help with shipping expenses I have had them send me the strains, sometimes packaging them up for the breeders then I send them to the distributors all out of my pocket as I am often sending my own seed runs anyway…its worked well though cannot keep doing this

There are a few of ya’ll we could do that with so the bi yearly send outs and if possible, our own category on the forum are even more appealing :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Alright goofball :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I see, you love your per box calculations. lol
Carry on…

As far as using the 10 bucks you think I’m owed? Nonsense, use it to cover costs or whatever for last round or for someone who needs the postage money. I’ll start fresh in good conscience. I get a lot of very nice mail from the folks here.

9 Likes

I would totally be down to pay 40 or 50 dollars a year and just get whatever has been ran in a couple boxes a year

9 Likes

I am also interested in paying for a pack of seeds to be preserved after Christmas…I got 5 kids lol or I would do it now

4 Likes

I sooooo do just like having the lists alphabetical order…easiest for my brain to keep track of. For an example, here is a partial snapshot of the current strain lists that are now closed:

Now with this I just have to open up my other document for the members I directly distribute to and eliminate all the “extra” names. I can then go to my payment list and see how much each person has and request more funds if needed…with 4.00 postage I can send up to 3 strains; 6.00 postage I can do up to 7 strains and of course, as many that will fit in the 8.00 flat rate box so breaking it down from there for just these 4 strains shown I “should” go by the 6.00 rate for those signed up for all 4 and the 4.00 rate for the ones signed up for 1 or 2 strains - if I go any lower i’ll be paying more out of my pocket or repacking all the seeds into plastic dime bag ziplocks or corrugated cardboard pieces and eliminate the “gift” for discreetness to bypass the thickness making each one 1.50 or so…its the thickness that makes it a “box”. Even when I put them into a bubble mailer, I am still charged the same

So for simplicity and extra discreetness, I send out all boxes inside a gift that is under 1.00 then deduct the actual expense from the spreadsheet and reimburse myself from the paypal pool…those that send cash, I keep and add the amount given to the pool from my bank…likewise when I need to close down a pool and reopen another one. This way if someone accidentally sends me postage outside of my area or changes their mind I can reimburse them as quickly as they made the payment or find it in case I didn’t record it at the time it was sent…if I need to resend a box that was lost in the mail, sent to the wrong place, didn’t get a certain strain in a box or sending some extra’s laying around like perennials, drivers or qb’s then thats out of my pocket and gladly so though this also adds up quickly…at this point I really need it to be more streamlined for the amount of people in my area and considering splitting it in half with someone though cannot see doing so until we reach 80 members and get some more bugs worked out

Its not nonsense, its your money to dictate where it needs to go along with others that have paid for more than their fair share…so many different directions which is why this discussion needs to take place as well as, discuss things as these preservation runs evolve - wrong spot for it really hijacking this thread though was already happening - so be it :stuck_out_tongue:

Whatever strain you are signed up for (before it closed), you will get…when you get them is up to you and when finances allow as I am doing this for several already which is why the bi yearly send outs makes more sense than flying by the seat of our pants we have been doing with several mail outs as strains are ready…just more patience is needed by some of our eager members :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

You just let me know when and how much to send I’m in no rush nothing will be popping for me till spring

1 Like

[quote=“MomOnTheRun, post:183, topic:23882”]
so many different directions which is why this discussion needs to take place as well as, discuss things as these preservation runs evolve - wrong spot for it really hijacking this thread though was already happening - so be it :stuck_out_tongue:

Why is it hijacking the thread? This is a preservation run isn’t it? Does it matter which one we discuss it on? The seedlings are a 1/2 inch high right now. Not much else going on. Isn’t this the perfect place to discuss it? I really just want it to be fair to everyone involved so this can continue. That’s why you should implement the $20 bucks now on this box.

5 Likes

I know there will always be collateral damage in that mean nasty undeserving people will take advantage of FREE. But I’d love to find a way to include folks in a hard spot, or unable to pay anything, or sick, or dying. I know lots on the plate already but maybe establish a fund that could be supported by donations to help those in need (and the aforementioned nasty) get seeds???

5 Likes

Whelp, we do have the rare or discontinued thread for any strain discussions and logistics as well as, the Bodhi preservation thread for those particular discussions…aligning seed runs with breeders - most financial stuff has been in the logistics pm among the ones that ran with the idea from the get go. So there are places this discussion could take place and seen by more people than a breeders thread just getting started for our preservation’s…putting the shoe on the other foot, I wouldn’t mind in one of my threads though not everyone feels that way as well as, members seeking for updates on just this strain and could care less about logistics.

So do I which is why I am pointing this out and willing to have this discussion here as I am sure MongoBongo doesn’t mind or at least not telling us to take it elsewhere…yet though we have to be mindful that not everyone thinks this way and could take it as total disrespect seeing we do have other places for this discussion

I could though I am apart of a team…a team to offer these worldwide and would be unfair to dictate it without a full discussion on it. Yes, most don’t care until they do…usually people start caring when they have to wait or what they are used to all of a sudden changes then demand answers. This is a member co-op not a dictatorship so how it evolves takes many voices not just one…I am just trying to line it out for everyone what it has been taking place and gathering ideas while mapping it out now that our preservation’s are growing past the infancy stage and happen to be more vocal about it at the moment :wink:

Imho, we’ll get this next box out at the beginning of December to include Herijuana at the 4 rate for the US then implement the 20.00 biyearly box for April and October for whatever strains that are ready as well as, gifted without a list to go off of…payments made and seeds in distributors hands by March and September - pay the breeders 25% of packaging and postage to those that need it…ensure 5.00 per box goes to the server fund with 50% of extra’s going toward the server fund and 50% to continue breeder reimbursement. These are my main priorities being in the thick of it all and on a strict budget myself.

Yes, some may need help getting a box to them from time to time though at 40.00 a year thats 3.33 a month to sack away - really not that hard to do especially when most are paying that per seed or 5 times that per gram in many legal states or a movie rental or ???fill in the blank???..those that need more will most assuredly receive more and not just in seed though that is up to the discretion of members on an individual basis and really outside our preservation scope and what we can do staying within the limited rules on the site which has alot more allowances than others and of course, time needed to implement it all. Speaking of, anyone in Wisconsin that can follow a recipe, please pm me for a couple patient’s in need as this will take one more item off my already full plate

15 Likes

I’m just a good old country boy, and all these bits of discussions happening here, there and everywhere is just downright confusing as (insert confusing conundrum here).

When shit gets worked out, could someone please shoot me a pm with what we’re going with please.
Cheers!

7 Likes

Just seems to me that these preservation runs are gonna dry up very quickly if the people donating time and energy to producing, packaging and mailing these seeds are having 100’s of dollars come out of their own pockets consistently and the regular participating members have to give up their seeds whenever the thread gets clogged with passerby’s who aren’t even active members and contribute nothing be it knowledge or otherwise. But I guess the members shouldn’t talk about it in the wrong thread because some members who want preservation seeds don’t care and might be offended??? My point is, there won’t be any preservation runs left soon enough if no one cares enough to talk about it. People will just get bitter and argue, like earlier in this thread. So move it where ever you want. I’ve tried to help and ask questions best I could, not for myself, but for all of you, whether you care or not. I have no stake in the matter, just trying to have everyone’s back.

12 Likes

I just have 1 question… who do I send my money to… I’m in TEXAS… whoever that is please PM me when, where and how much to send… oh and please give me the year price if that’s what everyone decides to do… I’d like to pay my year in advance… sorry one more question… wtf is a “pip”? And how do I get them. :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Well, if you go to the first post, it tells you everything you need to know, like who your distributor is @MomOnTheRun and your address should be pm’d to her. An email will be sent when collection time comes to which you can respond and will link to the paypal account , as you can see, like on this run, can take months as the strain is only a few days old and far from distribution.

Pips are the green things next to all of our names. You get them by interacting on the site. Reading posts, liking posts, making your own grow thread etc… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m famous!

I have no issue paying a lil extra towards the packs but I can see it going tits up when somebody does a run, takes money and then disappears.

9 Likes

There’s one hundred people lined up bro.
I understand what you’re saying, WE ARE OVERGROWING, IT’S A WIN!!

7 Likes

I think this is as good as spot as any to start chatting about this issue. It’s not a secret that these runs cost a bit of coin so it’s best to discuss openly. I’m sure once the ideas have been collaborated there will be a thread created explaining the new process for everyone.

@MomOnTheRun and others the info you have provided should give everyone a clear understanding of what those costs are. I appreciate the ideas that you and others have added here. It’s nice to see the community recognize a need and work together to solve it

@meesh offering to cover the little plastic holders is a big help on this run. So for now I’ve added under the donor and breeder a spot for packaging and added her name.

@Sebring and momontherun I would be totally okay if you guys had the final say on the way this is handled. Both of you have nothing but the community in mind and I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that.

23 Likes

Theres a lot going on here and im new to the site but i have no problem giving 10 or 20$ every time some cool new seeds make it to my door that somebody took the time effort and funds to breed just in order to preserve and share.

7 Likes

Agreed! (I have the ability to split the thread, if it becomes needed, and attach it to the main preservation thread, but I don’t think that’s needed unless discussion ends and arguments start, which is unlikely.)

Absolutely! We started this whole thing with an open and transparent discussion about how to best preserve genetics. That won’t change. :grin:

Just as an FYI, Any preservation breeder needing assistance with packaging (the costs can add up quickly) just needs to hint at the need for help and they’ll receive it; I’ve sent out a couple cases of empty seed containers and I’ve seen other members do as much or more to propel a run to the finish.

PS. @MomOnTheRun (and anyone doing shipping) I found a free online service for a reduced USPS postal rate.

23 Likes

Me three and 20 characters

2 Likes

That pirateship.com link is appreciated I think I found my new way to get postage

5 Likes