Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 3)

I’ve had seeds show up 4 months later that I’ve sent out to people.

2 Likes

here is hoping they show up someday

1 Like

Yes in the US, in that they only sieze the seeds “forbidden contents” and then send you the seedless envelope (re-sealed w green tape) w a paper inside stating what was found by them and confiscated.

It happened to me twice in 2014.

You would think, since the 2018 farm Bill, that seeds would no longer be siezed considering they are now legal because they contain less than .03% THC?

2 Likes

Some states, esp. Hawaii i’ve read, just don’t want ANY agrigultural product coming in w/out official paperwork. So they might seize tomato seeds even.

3 Likes

On an Island that makes sense. Lucky for me im in Ohio lol

2 Likes

So I know that maybe they aren’t for trade. But if anyone is looking for some starfighter, The server auction ATM has 10 packs up for snag made by me. Just a fyi

7 Likes

The post office requires paperwork, they have a whole page dedicated to the farm bill and compliance.

3 Likes

Got a link to that? I would love to read it.

Unfortunately untracked mail can be lost or stolen without notice. It could turn up, it could be in a trashcan.

2 Likes

Awesome, I have received them in the past from overseas but alot are taken and they sent me a letter saying the items were prohibited :grimacing:. I hope they make it.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2019/pb22521/html/updt_002.htm

2 Likes

awesome thanks bro!

2 Likes

I have received all packages from Germany Spain Thailand Australia. 3 missing from the states over a month ago

3 Likes

Thanks my friend, let me know what you’re looking for. I’ve been. Trying to get one W/O cookie and his sinmint is supposed the be quite nice. Shoot me a DM with what you’re looking for breeder/strain wise. :green_heart:

2 Likes

That one I’m seeking :v:

But it’s it the Agriculture Dept that is intercepting pot seeds at the border? I mean I don’t see DEA or drug dogs sniffing letter envelopes looking for drugs. The Agriculture Dept grabs the letter envelopes with seeds at least in the two instances where I had seeds removed and the envelope made it with a note inside.

4 Likes

Customs seizes it per Ag Dept policy.

1 Like

It’s US Customs seizing all sorts of stuff including plant materials of many flowers and vegetables etc. To protect the US from foreign invasive species and plant diseases.
No drug sniffing dogs were needed. The seeds may show up in an x-ray or other scan. @leetdood is reading my mind.
Beads or plastic “fishing weights” i’ve also seen used when successfully getting seeds from EU.

4 Likes

Most countries do this

2 Likes