Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 3)

I was 23 in 98 so ya i had already stopped smoking weed at that point, and was married with 2 kids lol. If there were seed catalogs, we never saw them and we didnt grow anyway unless we found a random seed in our bags, then we planted it in the woods somewhere and let nature do its thing, we literally knew nothing about growing weed, or at least most of us didnt. But that was also late 80s early 90s lol. Im pushin 50 real real real hard ill be 49 on the 19th of this month lol.

4 Likes

Sometimes, the brick weed was actually fairly ok,not great but cheap and if you smoked enough it did the trick lol I remember getting 3 ounces of brick weed for like 80 bucks around 1990-1992, at my age remembering exact dates is impossible at this point lmao

3 Likes

Haha I gotcha. No kids or marriage so I kept growing. There were seed catalogs in the 80ā€™s for sure. I was too young to order from them, but I still looked through them constantly years later. An older head would have to chime in on when the earliest seed ā€œcatalogsā€ started. I have no clue.

1 Like

There was still tons of brick weed in FL and CA in my days too. Always someone who drove to Arizona for hundreds of pounds for some stupid cheap price, but then they just had tons of brick weed nobody wanted. Haha

1 Like

Well the first time I personally remember seeing a seed catalog or website to order seeds was like 2000 but I honestly didnt really look for them back then, i just went to the weed dude and got what he had lmao

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why it was always Arizona either. Seems FL, Texas, or southern CA would have plenty of brick weed, but I feel like it was always Arizona.

2 Likes

I never turned down Brick weed, it was so cheap I could just smoke enough of it to get the job done lol, and when we were smoking an ounce a day between 2 of us, it was normally brick weed unless it was a special occasion and we splurged on highs or mids lol

2 Likes

That easy AZ is right on the Mexico Border, so is Texas, so yep usually one of those two places where they could sneak it across the border lol

1 Like

Lotsa brick in La. Say it came from Mexico. Saw some not long ago actually. Think it was like $50/oz

2 Likes

I know itā€™s there too, I was just kind of stoned wondering why in my memory everyone I remember doing it in FL and CA would drive to Arizona for it. Seems there wouldā€™ve been shorter drives to get dirt cheap brick weed. Haha

2 Likes

I personally never really made any serious attempt at growing until the end of last year when my state went legal. Bein caught with a 1/8 or 1/4 was like a traffic ticket, couple hundred bucks fine and a slap on the wrist and a dont do that again, Ohio decriminlized weed in like 1975, but if you were caught growing it, they slapped on Intent to distribute and that was a felony. Weed just wasnt worth the risk of a felony back then, so other than plantin a random seed in the woods somewhere where they couldnt prove i was the one planting it, I didnt risk it. It was safer to just buy from the weed dude and let him risk the felony charge if he got busted lmao

3 Likes

I had dumbass parents and needed the money or Iā€™d have been stuck living with my mom in her friendā€™s attic throughout high school. Why I moved from FL to CA right after high school finished. It was a big ass attic and all, but in FL with no a/c it wasnā€™t fun. Haha

3 Likes

Iā€™ll get back to this. Was growing commercial in Brooklyn 95 on

3 Likes

Perfect!! Someone who probably has the info to clear things up. Canā€™t beat that.

1 Like

Fair enough brother, I didnt have great parents as far as how they treated me, but I never had to worry about food or a roof over my head, my dad was a mechnic at the same job for like 58 years when he retired, and he owned his own house. So while I was neglected and spanked every now and then, I never had to sweat the important stuff. If I had, I prolly would have been growin and slingin weed myself.

1 Like

Damn @PatHealy you just jogged my memory on another generic name they had back then for weed Arizona or Ari for short. And you right it seems like everyone was going to Arizona for the weed then, which is why I think they started calling it Ari in the first place. Bringing back some good memories. I definitely didnā€™t grow back then, didnā€™t think it was possible in NYs climate (which Iā€™m seeing now that I was totally wrong, now that theyā€™re legalized and plenty people growing outdoors lol). I moved to GA just so I could grow, perfect weather but bad policing and politics.

4 Likes

Anyone have a few good blue dream seeds? I think i heard blue dream is clone only. Lots of mixed reviews on blue dream but ive never tried it myself

***Already sorted, thanks!

4 Likes

Looking for hemp.seeds . Close to zero thc

@Pigeonman and I got some cuts from @DannyTerpintine. We are both currently growing them outside for the summer.

1 Like

I remember seed ads mid 70ā€™s in high times a few issues would include a tear out catalog you could order out of Europe from if I remember right.
I think skunk magazine had order forms that tore out as well. Around the same time period.

3 Likes