šŸŒ± Germination Laboratory @ MadScientist šŸŒ±

Basically it consists of using a ziplock bag with paper towels and then hang the bag to let gravity pull the roots down, the little tail that first comes out of the seed.

Let me look for the thread. It was @Uncle_Al and someone else that do it. Hang on.

2 Likes

I got the idea from @viva Mexico

3 Likes

We owe it to @Viva_Mexico thenā€¦ Cheers!

2 Likes

Didnā€™t pan out I had just as many curly Qā€™s

2 Likes

It has work like wonders for me really, but the position of the seed is probably the most important thing here!

3 Likes

Gravity is not the factor here, light is. Root tips avoid light. More specifically, they produce auxins that trigger light avoidance/growth inhibition reactions. Thatā€™s why you have curly tips with the PTM. One of several reasons why I havenā€™t used PTM in 20 years.

Put them in some soil. Plant point up, and the root tip will break out, grow up, U-turn and head down, lifting the seedhead up through the soil point up.

Plant point down, and root tip will break out, make small up and U-turn down, creating the elbow that will grow up through the soil, lifting the seedhead up through, point up again.

Plant tip sideways, root tip breaks, makes horizontal then bends down, creating elbow to lift the seedhead up through the soil, point up once again.

See the pattern? Seeds donā€™t grow straight root tips no matter how they are planted - but letting them sit around in paper towels when they are in their crucial seed-break orientation stage does waste vital energy and induce unnecessary stress.

The seed knows how to grow. Give it what it needs and let it. -b420

7 Likes

Preachā€¦the seed knows best.

2 Likes

You are absolutely wrong.

1 Like

I just had today a seed sprout, Dutch Passion Think Different Auto, and it had a straight pointy tip, kinda like a zig zag blade but it was pointing down all the way.

2 Likes

I will have to germ some seeds and do it, wait 7-10 days and i will show you what i mean.

1 Like

No problem. I just turn the tupperware to the side and that does it. LOL

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to try this! I hate when you donā€™t check the bag fast enough and the white tip is curled around the seed. It makes sense, itā€™s trying to go straight down and it canā€™t. A couple times Iā€™ve planted them and had the root grow up out of the soil as a result, thatā€™s why I direct-seed into soil, but with seeds that donā€™t germinate well direct-seeding wastes time & space.

2 Likes

I made this thread of gravity. Gravitropism and how gravity effects root growth.

1 Like

La respuesta a vuestra polƩmica es sencilla: en la oscuridad mƔs absoluta las raƭces tiender a crecer hacia abajo o no?

1 Like

Ok so the dutch passion didnā€™t make it and i had to cull it. Now, i got a bluetooth auto replacing it, and in honor of you @lotus710 i planted it directly to the soil, without soaking or nothingā€¦

3 Likes

No, es la gravidad que los orienta.

1 Like

Wooo. Goodjob bro. You usin the roots?

1 Like

What do you meanā€¦? Roots organics, yes.

I didnā€™t amend it or nothing, no more variables at all, and had to water the soil with 6.0pH water to bring it down a little.

1 Like

Yessssir. Sweet i cant wait to see your soil grow.

1 Like

I got some in coco and one in soil, the Feminized seedlings will all go to the rootsā€¦

1 Like