šŸŒ± Germination Laboratory @ MadScientist šŸŒ±

Yes it is, definitely.

The only fact to have this hobbie/task is a blessing, and donā€™t get me wrong, i just wanted better results. Fast, but patience is the mother of all virtues i guessā€¦

1 Like

I regularly have 95-100% germination and 10-day seedling survival rates with 10-20 year old seeds by simply planting a quarter-inch deep in store-bought potting mix in 3-inch pots watered but not saturated with tap water and kept under veg-strength light at 80F with light air circulation. No scarring, no paper towels or Solo cup soaks or B vitamins or any of the other fussy stuff. Never seen the need for any of it, and have come to believe one of the main reasons seedlings fail is growers mothering their seeds to death this way. All that touching and moving and repositioning causes stress and opens vectors for pathogens to attack young seedlings. Resist the temptation to intervene in a million years of evolutionary adaptation.

Plant, soil, water, warmth and light. Let the plant do its thing.

-b420

12 Likes

Iā€™ll try to do this with the ones iā€™m getting from you bro! If they ever get hereā€¦ :wink:

Well, yet another attempt at germinating the ā€œshwagā€ seedsā€¦ This time i measured pH before actually doing it, tried to leave it at 5.5. Rhizotonic in the mix, and weā€™ll see.

And this is where itā€™s sitting at, and this is the place where iā€™m gonna set up shop at.

Only thing is humidity is gone thru the roof, itā€™s at 85~90%ā€¦ And maybe that will be solved with the intake and internal fan on the tentā€¦

2 Likes

Hi Madscientist,

Just read from start this thread, Isee you know about rhizotonic and ph. Rhizotonic increase the ph quite a lot, my tap water is around 7.5, if I add rhizotonic it jumps up toward 9/10 on the ph scale, so obviously has to buffered back down.

Due to the water here in UK and Holland been high on the tds or ec about 0.4 ec where I am in UK and up to 0.7 ec in holland where i stay, I always start germination using de-ionised water at exactly ph neutral 7.0. then add PH buffers etc

I love the way that you show what your doing in the pics especially the ph card and vial next to it.

If your gonna do a thread its best to do it PROPA gator, hehehe.

Rockwool also increases the ph so needs to be soaked in water with a ph down to around 5.5- 5.8 dpending on how much rockwool is going into the water and amount of water. If Iset a 10 litre bucket up and ph it to 5.5 in put in 20 of the rockwool plugs 1.5" like the ones you have there in 24 hours it rises to 5.8.

Looking forward to the rest of this thread.

PS if you find any more schwag seeds I will pm you frank zappas address. I am waiting on a pm back from Mr.B regarding my order of seeds from him. Thanks for the heads up about him and his seeds its nice to be nice.

1 Like

I tried that already with @ryasco and @shroomgod but it didnā€™t work. Customs in the US check very rigorously anything that comes from south of the border. I would get in trouble cosā€™ i have to give them my ID at the time of sending. Otherwise brother, i would send you a whole lot of themā€¦ Sorry guys.

Send them to UK or Holland for me :wink: I have a Frank Zappa in both places.

1 Like

If you have to use ID, pay a hooker to post them and get her to use her ID :wink:

3 Likes

I have to say no, sorry bro, but iā€™m surprised, everything here is illegal and ā€œThe Attitudeā€ and at least a dozen more shops are right there where you liveā€¦ I would be going crazy!

1 Like

Yes its ok, I was discussing with Comski which to order first from Baudelaire we agreed on which to order first, just waiting for the details to send his payment to @Baudelaire.

When I do my thread I will be doing it with pics etc like yourself, showing recording the method, apparatus etc and regualr updates.

Hopefully @comski is coming round tomorrow to help me with my shopping list etc and we will design the room setup etc. I am guessing about 2 weeks for the delivery once orders confirmed :wink:

@MadScientist You would have loved comskis thread on the OG.com 1.0 about his twin rooms with durban poison. Lets see if we cant make another great thread over 100 pages long.

4 Likes

Yes sire! You got it, and weā€™re gonna make two threads just like that. Yours and mine. And well, everyone is invited and welcome. Please correct me and instruct me as much as you need, thanks. That goes for everyone.

HppHrvst

1 Like

Hi Madscientist,

I have sent payment to @Baudelaire for the seeds. Here is what I have chosen;

Original 1998-vintage C99 BX
'97 Princess 88 x C99 (the actual cross that created the original C99)
Durban-Thai Highflyer x C99 (A legendary Durban-Thai cross by Super Sativa Seed Club x C99)
Janis (Silver Pearl x Blue Widow)
Generals Daughter (G13 x C99) FDM Seeds top seller.

Now I just have to wait eagerly for the delivery as Frank Zappa starts sweating and getting paranoid becuase he accepting another delivery for me :blush:

Once they arrive I will appologise to baudelaire in advance because I will be asking for as much info about each strain, hopefully he can provide me with an insight to how those ladies behave.

I found this last thread with pdf files in last night and then we decided on which to try first, sorry I cant find the thread again now, I must have got lost in the depths of overgrow.com hehehe :sunglasses:

SB1_NewWorld.pdf (495.2 KB)

SB2_Europe.pdf (207.5 KB)

SB3_Asia.pdf (74.8 KB)

SB4_Africa.pdf (44.0 KB)

Edit, I found it again

2 Likes

You wonā€™t be disappointed, this guy has been around forever and well yeahā€¦ Youā€™ll get your seeds, tell FZ to be cool! :wink:

I started to think about this, but in the end, gonna pay more for the ā€œrideā€ than the actual shipping, specially if sheā€™s very hotā€¦ Better stay away from thatā€¦ LOL

2 Likes

Hey everyone me again, asking my questions as usualā€¦ Hope itā€™s ok.

Getting back to germination and vegetative growth, how do you like this stuff, iā€™m deciding against coco because of many reasons, gonna do it organically. Would you guys use this?

INGREDIENTS
Peat Moss, Composted Forest Material, Perlite, Coco Fiber, Pumice, Worm Castings, Bat Guano, Soybean Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Kelp Meal. Gonna be adding a little of red lava rocks too, if needed.

2 Likes

I have used it many times and like it except for the last couple years has had fungus gnats in it. I donā€™t know if it is all of it or just the deliveries to my area.

1 Like

@madscientist,

Wow, I have just looked at flights to Costa Rica, I would have to change planes (connecting flights) in either USA or Liberia, toget to San Jose They wont let me in the USA I dont think, but may be for a connecting flight. Its something I am going to have to look into. If they will allow me entry into the USA or Canada for holidays I will be dancing round the room singing surfing the bird ROFL.

Helps if I turn my vpn off (slap self on forehead) actually there are direct flights 3 times a week by the looks of things:blush:

Its posible to get round it by connections in madrid and panama. My freinds parents went last year and said they loved it.

Hahaha, I have found a route via madrid spain, and panama. No stoppin me now hehehe where are those lovely ladies with sun tans. I have a feeling if I land in the USA they will be waiting for me with one of those orange suits saying your welcome with handcuffs :laughing: :joy:

Oh man, its cheaper for me to fly from Amsterdam than London, the red light district in Amsterdam is not what it was decades ago, same as for the coffee shops and quality of weed. Holidays are comin for Madtruka. I might not want to come home. :heart_eyes: @madscientist

1 Like