Seeds From Friends

Nice!! If I throw malted barley on top of my worm bin, the mycellium explode everywhere. I need to hit the brew store and re up on that, and also get some rice hulls for mulch.

@nube I have 8 similar totes sitting outside my garage right now. I got them at a different store, for 10 bucks each. They work great.

3 Likes

I did exactly that.
I had several of the 27 gal totes left over from the move. That picture from yesterday was me moving the soil into totes. Hopefully nothing bad got in during those 3 days. :crossed_fingers:t3:

3 Likes

I need to start a compost bin myself. Be nice to not have to ever pay the shipping prices on quality compost.
But you said worm bin. Do you collect your own EWC?

6 Likes

Yes sir. I bought a pre-made bin, for the simplicity. Since then I’ve started another in a 15 gallon smart pot. The pre-made one is similar to this. The layers make it easy.

8 Likes

Good morning from Good Medicine F2 by Nube

10 Likes

More Good Medicine F2 from @nube
So I soaked and paper toweled 18 total seeds of all shapes, sizes and colors almost immediately upon receiving these.
To be fully transparent, first I popped 11 and got 10/11 to show tails . I put them into a mix of 1:1:1 peat, ewc, and perlite. That’s when I ran into trouble. I believe that mix was holding too much water and essentially drowned out some of the seeds. I scored a measly 3/10 on the first go.
Day 11V

Then I decided to pop more so that I could try them in my regular organic soil mix. Got a perfect 7/7 to pop and show. Then like some magic is floating around in my garden, I found 3 more seedlings showing in my 1:1:1 mix, I quickly put those into a 1 gallon pot to share a home until I acquire more cups.
Day 4V
Stick around to follow their journey through life in Windys garden.

17 Likes

Think I’ll just hang around, if you don’t mind. Good luck on your efforts, I’m sure all will be well, SS/BW…mister :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s more than okay, it’s an honor to have you stop by. Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Definitely along with on this journey- wishing you the best of luck on this grow! Hope it brings many blessings to many folks! Thanks for posting this and letting us tag along! If @misterbee is here, it’s gotta be good!
:boom::v:t3::boom:

6 Likes

Thank you for joining us. I’m grateful to have a great core of online friends that all think alike. Happy to have you along :muscle:t3:

4 Likes

Looks like I might be running into a Nitrogen deficiency of some sort?

I’m using organic amendments only so maybe a top dressing?
Backstory: these two plants are my Goji F1 mother and my Sakura F2 mother. They were in Fox farm ocean forest in a 1 gallon pot for about a month before put into my organic mix in a 5 gallon pot on April 12th.
Here is the progress in pictures from transplant to 5 gallon up to today as pictured above :arrow_up:.

15 Likes

Good Medicine F2
Day 18V

And Day 11V
Of the Day 11 seedlings, 1 didn’t make it in the big pot.
Also I remembered why I found 3 GM F2 seedlings in the herb container outside!!! Because I put them there myself. I was pretty stoned when I did it so it’s probably why I couldn’t remember at the time. All in all I germinated 16 of 18 Good Medicine F2 seeds
13 of those are in the veg tent and 3 are outside in this herb container

15 Likes

Your moms have blown up fast since transplant, haven’t they? It doesn’t look like an N deficiency, and in organics you don’t really need to think of things like that…generally. There’s no easy fix in organics, so you can’t just give them N and things like that go away. Gotta cultivate better conditions in the soil or the rest of the environment because, this early on, there should be no reason why your freshly mixed soil should need any topdressing. They’ve only been in it for less than 3wks and it should be good for a few months without any extras.

Sometimes the interveinal chlorosis happens as a transition period from old soil to new, especially if they were fed synthetics before. The bacteria and fungi that converts the soil amendments into food for the plant’s roots need time to develop and get in the right balance. Sometimes issues like that are the result of the soil drying out too much. Sometimes it’s the result of too much water, but that will usually have the other telltale signs, such as droopy leaves and even droopier leaf tips. Sometimes it’s the result of too much light intensity. Sometimes it’s the result of cold temps or low humidity and poor transpiration. So check those other things and see if maybe one of those areas could be improved.

I generally trust the process and keep doing what I should be doing and see how it develops if I improve areas where my care of them has been at issue. If there’s initial issues in fresh dirt and I know I followed the recipe exactly with high quality inputs (not always possible due to stuff being unavailable), I assume they’re gonna work it out over time. If it persists, a couple tablespoons of kelp scratched into the top might help. An epsom salt foliar spray might help if it continues for more than another couple set of leaves. But, generally things like that work themselves out as long as you’re providing all the other environmental conditions within normal ranges of acceptability - temp, humidity, fresh air, wind, light, water.

Recently, I was unable to get my preferred compost (Oly Mountain or Malibu Bu’s Blend) and ended up having to get some Coast of Maine Lobster compost that, unbeknownst to me, was cultivating a huge fungus gnats colony. I’d done everything right up to then, but now I’ve got an explosion on my hands. Sometimes that’s just how it goes. Sticky traps galore and gnatrol to the rescue! Gnats can’t really cause too much harm; they’re mostly a nuisance. Oh well. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Super solid advice and spot on from my years of experience as well. @nube

5 Likes

I’m going to go with light intensity for now after seeing

1. that yes they have blown up so probably not N deficient
  2. air circulation is good with a 8 inch fan sending a nice breeze through the tent with a vent open as well in there. At the same time,
  3. transpiration is occurring frequently.

The lamps above the 3 mothers have been raised by 4 inches and I took healthy 5-6 inch cuttings from the tops.
Thanks for your thoughts as always🙏

12 Likes

Seems like as good an option as any. :slight_smile:

Two things to keep in mind:

Organic soil likes to stay moist because both the bacterial and fungal colonies need water to prosper, so make sure you’re not letting the pots dry out. Even just one total dry out can result in the symptoms you’re seeing.

You might dim the lights rather than raise them. Saves on electricity. :wink:

Oh, and one other thing - sometimes if you do experience a dryout and the deficient look thereafter, a topdress with an inch of fresh compost across the top can get them back to normal in no time! Keep your amendments in a sealed tote so they don’t get infected with gnats or other bugs.

Damn, so many things… sorry to overload you!

:peace_symbol:

19 Likes

Overload me please! This is all great information I can look back to and others can use as well.

As for watering, would overwatering cause this? :sweat_smile: .
Dimming will be my substitute for raising, as saving money is something I love to do :sunglasses:

8 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:Could be an Iron problem also i had a simular problem a few years ago with leaves bleaching out gave it Chelated LIQUID Iron and problem ceased . :mask:

1 Like

Deep Line Alchemy 5 F2 cuttings

17 Likes

This has been a good recipe for you so far?

5 Likes