Seeds to Weeds : Live & Learn Organic Edition👨🏼‍🌾📝

Todays lesson is
eyeball every inch of these plants when flipping especially the first 15 days

Well i just found another herm sac on my purple kush by kannabia. Starting to wonder if it is a light leak or some shit

Shit

2 Likes

Ahh man it keeps getting worse and worse now were at 2 plants down :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

But wait theres more!

Lol okay i went over everything with a fine tooth comb and discovered one of my purple kush fems is indeed a herm.
So now were assed out on a coral kush and a purple kush.

Everything else looked good so far, i looked everything over 3 times really good. I had to stop cause i was at the point i was going cross eyed and thinking every little nub or sprout was a ball.

Can i strip these and make tincture or butter or is it a waste of time?

3 Likes

PRobably get minimal returns at this point, so it depends on how much free time you have to process garbage.

2 Likes

Chopped and bagged thanks bro

2 Likes

Heres the new layout. The skunk definitely wont miss the 2 that were taken out.

3 Likes

@BigMike55 i may have to set something up with you to get more of these skunk beans bro. Absolutely loving everything about this plant.

2 Likes

I wonder if “not enough light” can cause a herm?
Both plants that hermed had sacs on lower growth that was not being directly hit with light and if anything was in the shaded underbelly section of the plant.
As you can see in the pics above there is plenty of shaded lower growth.
My par levels are 650-750 depending on canopy. I could only imagine how low the shaded areas would be. I need to get some wood under the shorter plants saucer to level everyone out with the skunks then ill be cranking the light up to 800-850.

1 Like

Never heard of darkness causing herms personally. Especially since it happened in the herm window when hermies usually show their sacks.

2 Likes

Thanks joe, i feel like a little kid asking why over and over and over.

2 Likes

I usually get a few senescence pollen sacks on Big bud and Meat breath. Since it happens at the end of bloom and there are only a couple sacks, I never seem to get actual pollen from them. I’m always exposing the plants to stresses to see what happens. Some form pollen sacks, but others don’t. If they start forming sacks in the first couple weeks with no stresses, they are 100% garbage.

2 Likes

Gotcha. Yup these fuckers produced and chucked by the 20 day mark so that is what is called a “true herm” from what my limited research is telling me.

The ones that throw nanners in the buds are some halfherm shit idr. But i do know my coral kush had sacs and my purple kush had bud nanners. Shitty stuff man

3 Likes

You got this grow, bruh. Let me know. I might have a few spare beans.

3 Likes

Im down to trade or whatevers necessary. I traded off my last 5 before i got to see the goods now im wishing i kept them and traded something else lol.
I would love to have these back in the fridge on standby
My first time growing a sativa also so it definitely wont ever be forgotten

3 Likes

Well last night i finally got those pk clones out of the 1gals and into a 3gal fab pot.
I added 3tbsp of dr earth 5-5-5 to one of the 3gal pots to see if that makes a difference. It takes a while to break down so im hoping it works out great and maybe its something i could implement more often.

I killed the 2 coral kush clones i had bc im almost positive they came form the herm plant but im not 100% sure so they got the chop based on that.

This is my first time ever growing out a clone. Any tips or advice you guys can give me to keep them happy and healthy? Is there a preferred ec for clones?

3 Likes

Clones are pretty hardy once rooted…I usually go slightly less than the ec I feed to the flowers and judge from there. Clones will start to grow and feed really quickly :metal:t2: or just put them straight on to your veg feed. It shouldn’t hurt them

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan bro. Ill dose them up at half strength errrrrythang

Clones were transplanted. This is everything in the sick bay lol. I got 2 pink garlic cookies from @Andrane in them solo cups waiting for them to poke their heads out.

That fugly plant in the back is an island sweet skunk runt that just couldnt keep up with the pack so it never got tranplanted and left in the corner to die but it wont die and i throw it whatever scrap water is leftover when i feel like it.

Now heres the good stuff. It is as picture day :camera_flash: in the flower tent today

There was a few of these burnt orange hair’d buds on almost every plant. Fuckin hermies!

5 Likes