Seeds to Weeds : Live & Learn Organic Edition👨🏼‍🌾📝

Welp after today i decided i am watering them with labs and ill fert in another 3 days.
My heads killin me and i gotta get up at 5am :dizzy_face:

Well damn. Looks like a few plants are going to end up fully seeded. Thats my guess as of now anyway.

Heres my purple kush clones. I added 3tbs of dr earth 5-5-5 to a 3gal pot roots organic original. one pot very half assed mixed into soil. I added some soil to the base of the pot (maybe 1g) and i sprinkled 1 tbsp. Then i added the transplant and filled around the edges of the root ball with some soil and added another 1tbsp of dr earth 5-5-5, then i added more soil to fill the gaps around the root ball and added the final 1 tbsp and then covered it with more soil and watered it in.
I will be steering clear of nutes for this clone for a while.

Heres the pk clone with no 5-5-5 pellets

I probably shouldnt be experimenting with this clone. Its very near and dear to me and my gpop, there is a lot of sentimental value with this specific pheno. Packs on frost, beautiful colors, super relaxed high. Dang i hope this 5-5-5 shit only helps out lol

3 Likes

The Dr earth should help!

Sorry to hear about the seeds, my man. That’s always a mood kill! You can try your hand at hash when it’s said and done. Bummer :-1:t2:

1 Like

I wonder how weak it will make the smoke :slightly_frowning_face: in my head im gonna be picking thru seeds smoking and not getting a decent buzz. After all this time and money that would be horrible if that thought came true. I really fucking hope these aint fully seeded. I know my keeper iss is fully seeded. Good thing i got clones lol

1 Like

This was a very important lesson that i had to learn. Ive always heard of people staying away from fems due to herm issues and i believed it but after some research i decided hey they cant be true and went back to fems after 2 runs tossing males.

So now that i experienced a fem herm first hand i will be still be using fem seeds for the most part but i will be checking them diligently for herms in the first 3 weeks of flower.

I also scrapped the garlic cookie fem seedlings. One was severely mutated and the other was mutated with loss of pigment and just not growing at all. The mutated one at least reached down 3 inches, the one with loss of pigment literally just wouldnt grow roots and i am on a strict time budget so things cannot be holding me back or they will get cut or tossed to the side. In there case i didnt feel i was better off without them. Just another weight on my shoulders.

I need to get this flower run out the way and begin testing rainbow brite and some fems for other ogers. After that a full pack of deathstar x testarossa from akbb will be popped.

Idk how you guys plan this shit out so well. Im constantly wanting to change plans and i can almost never honor a plan to pop a specific strain cause something else comes along and peaks my interest

1 Like

Random question for whoever

If you top a plant and then clone it is the clone going to be topped? Or do you have to too every clone?
Hmmmmmm

1 Like

You’ll have to top the clones, my friend. Only at the point of pinching is new growth being forced. You can clone an already topped branch if you want a bigger clones to start with, but to answer you, no. Just like topping one branch doesn’t top all the branches :sweat_smile: if I misunderstood you then my b

2 Likes

Good point thats exactly what i was wondering lol. Thanks for the spot on answer bro

1 Like

Seeded weed will make fine bubble hash. I definitely wouldn’t smoke the buds though. That’s gross!

1 Like

Aw man dont tell me that! My gpop will rattle me by my ankle and take whatevers in my pocket if i tell him we cant smoke any of this LOL!

Now @JoeCrowe can you please point me in the right direction for the simplest cheapest way to make bubble hash? Whats the entry level cost associated with said bubble hash?

1 Like

My name is seeds to weeds not weeds to seeds I totally went in reverse this round lol

1 Like

Minimum you need the following equipment:
bubble bags.
bucket.
stir stick.
Ice.
Freezer.
timer.
Seeded buds :wink:
Cold water
I think that’s a comprehensive list of items. The bucket and stir stick should be something food grade. For the freeze drying you might need a tray and some parchment paper, as well as a blade or shredder to make it into tiny chunks.

1 Like

Ill have to do some research and prepare. I am not happy about the seeded buds bruh

2 Likes

My opinion is slightly seeded buds ain’t no thing. I am often heavy handed with pollen and will find a seed here or there. Most times seeds are easily spotted and removed before grinding. I also am not anal with my trim jobs and find myself removing small leaves when smoking anyways. That being seed if you miss one and burn it is terrible obviously. Don’t think potency is affected much if any

2 Likes

You will probably find it’s less of a disaster than you think. I always make the seeded buds into bubble, or else you smoke that seed husk that tastes like popcorn. Nasty! Just be careful in the future make sure you hunt over the plants during the first couple of weeks looking for rogue herms. If you grow from clones of plants that aren’t herms you are always safe. I always terminate the herms before the pollen has a chance to fly.

1 Like

Like Joe says! Being seeded doesn’t seem to damage the trichomes at all, just shifts the plants priorities a bit. Yield may be a touch less than unseeded bud but it should be of similar quality. The hash, that is.

2 Likes

Sweet! Im glad you chimed in bro. It definitely does suck when you burn a seed lol but im glad to hear the smoke is still good

1 Like

Expect the worst and hope for the best am lol.

I totally dropped the ball (literally) on this one. I was not checking at all and i just happened to notice on day 20 when defoliating a bit.

Thanks for stopping by @JoeCrowe your advice us always spot on and appreciated over here!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it’s not as big of a deal as I thought I was on Google earlier and I seen somebody say one pollen sack can need 100 plants and I was just like fuck this

1 Like