Seeds to Weeds : Live & Learn Organic Edition👨🏼‍🌾📝

For the one I suspect budrot cause of dying fan leaves?

What if i just chop one of them fuckers off and inspects its innards

1 Like

Pull the leaf and bend over the buds get in there really close. If your humidity has been above like 50% there could be problems. Botrytis is brown and penicillium is white.

3 Likes

Hmmm. My humidity is in the 40s most of the time, however it does rise to 54-56 when lights go out after watering. Dehumidifier is in there to keep things under control. I thought 60% was when mold became possible so that is ignorance on my end setting my inkbird to 54-56%. I will inspect later on today when lights come on, until then I’ll smoke some weed and pray that it ain’t mold.

Oh I also set the inkbird to 50-51%, should I have it set to like 45% rh full time?

I suppose i could shine my new uv light on them too when i inspect them

1 Like

Hmmm seems i forgot my pk clones are light feeders. The one i added dr earth 5-5-5 seems to have not liked the recent food as much as the pk clone with no 5-5-5.
Looking like a damn jungle in my 2x4

Pk with 5-5-5

Pk without 5-5-5

3 Likes

Mine is always set to 45%.

3 Likes

Speaking of 45 i literally just set it to 45 before i read this lol. Good to know man im gonna bust out the uv later on and see whats up with this plant

Haircuts!

4 Likes

@JoeCrowe this is the best i could get with only having 2 arms. 3 arms and id be able to get the best angled close ups in the world.
Anyway do you see any signs of bad life? Only the dead leaves light up. I got pics of under the dead leaves and i didnt see anything light up. What do you think?

2 Likes

It just looks like serious leaf damage to me. The mold would be in the bud itself.

1 Like

Yea that whats i was thinking too. I didnt fold any buds back but i shined and observed right up under those fugly leeaves and didnt see any glow. I wonder why leaf damage glows. Well anyway i set tent to 45% rh full time so should be smooth sailing

1 Like

Phosphorous is the thing that lights up under ultra violet.

3 Likes

Can you explain a little more? The dead part of the leaves that glow is phosphorus?

1 Like

Most likely there is phosphorous there, it glows really bright under ultra violet. It’s definitely not the only thing that glows. If I have to search on the floor for my ruby pearl it super glows in the dark under UV. Phosphorous coated tubes with mercury plasma is how florescent lights work. Plant sap glows under UV. The damage on plant leaves glows under UV. Some bugs, and so on.

3 Likes

Good to know. I hand my fingers crossed that my buds didn’t light up like a glowstick. So far so good and i adjusted rh to a steady 45

1 Like

@JoeCrowe ant idea what would cause this? Plant has been green entire life cycle compared to the others. Everyone else faded quick and this girl was still full green up until maybe 2 weeks ago. Now the damaged leaves are getting worse by the day.
You think i should pull them off or let it do its thing?

1 Like

I would test the growth medium before making a call on if that’s normal.

1 Like

I have a soil test kit laying around somewhere. I could do an npk test today or tomorrow.

What kind of info are you looking to see before making the normal/not normal call?

1 Like

Extreme conductivity like an EC above 2.5 or below .6 and a ph over 6.8 or below 5.5. Those are kind of general ranges that should keep things safe in the medium.

1 Like

I can do a slurry test and a run off test but my only concerns are last time i did a run off test (last grow) the ec was higher then my trucheon could read and someone explained that checking run off ec in an organic grow could vary depending on which Amendments and how broken down they got and not give me helpful results. Any truth to that that?

1 Like

I would definitely do the slurry test. I’ve done it to plants in the organic greenhouse and found EC 4+.

1 Like