Seeds to Weeds : Live & Learn Organic Edition👨🏼‍🌾📝

Looks like it could even be light stress due to the taco formation. Usually overdosing on EC causes the “claw” formation on the leaf.

1 Like

Good call, it has been sitting very close under a 250w led at 40% while i was on vacation.

1 Like

Cut a shit ton of lower branches and fan leaves off today. Day 14f

One thing about this purple kush is it is super bushy and leafy. Gotta keep up with maintaining its shape it the little lower nodes will stretch 4-6 inches and fill in like a bush. Hopefully cutting a zillion branches and leaves dont shock em lol

4 Likes

I see some fans doing the taco thing. I checked par with free photone app and it was showing 500-700 depending on canopy height. While i was on vacation earlier this week they grew into the lights so i bet thats what caused the taco

1 Like

Popped some gelato fems from @Andrane ane some cap junky x big bad wolf fr @misterbee this morning. I cant wait to see what they turn into

3 Likes

Flower tent looks amazing! This purple kush that was harvested has a real creamy gassy smell like a cereal milk smell

Purple kush that has been harvested

6 Likes

Purple kush mom finally starting to look good again!

Looks like ill be trimming more leaves off of the flower tent purple kush plants. Its has a literal canopy

4 Likes

Rut roh just found a fuck ton of herms in the flower tent. On all lower bud sites that receive no light.
Im not sure if its genetics, stress induced, or light leak.
Almost positive its not a light leak but stress induced would be my guess. They grew into the lights in the first 2 weeks and i also cut off a lot of lower growth on day 15 i believe. The plants were in tip top shape thru both growing into the light and the late trim. So maybe genetics? I dont recall any herms on previous grows and this is a clone so no idea but ill tell ya what no more purple kush after this.

Not sure what to do with my mom plant

Note to self: do not be afraid to cut off all lower bud sites.

3 Likes

Im almost sure its genetics and stress because these are euro seeds from who knows what bank back in 2016. Argh im pretty bummed out that im too far to toss and since i scrogged i cannot pull them out to check and remove all herms

3 Likes

Thinkin about turning a few bags into hash.

@DirtySlowToes hey man would you recommend a rosin press or some bubble bags as a first step into the hash making world?

2 Likes

Hey hey. First that flower tent looks great. I’d definitely try another run of those clones before tossing mom…but herms do suck.

I think flower rosin can be really hit or miss. I’d probably go with bags to start and use Joe’s washing methods. It sucks to load up bags with flower to get poor returns or mess the flavor up. And bags are less expensive than a press so that’s cool. I’m sure you’ll have both eventually.

2 Likes

Mom was axed and withered away already. I may have jumped the gun but its okay there will be more keeps and im glad i saved her for 2 more rounds off of one lone survivor bean.

and sweet i was thinking bubble would be the best way to ease into things. Ill check @JoeCrowe’s thread out tonight for his method

2 Likes

It’ll turns shitty seeded weed into primal bubble hash, that’s for sure!

2 Likes

Are the bubble instructions on n the hash making revisited thread joe?

1 Like

I actually have a video called shadows and drills that’s about 10min long.

friggin’ pooh tube put it at 18+ though, apparently it detected weed.

1 Like

Youre the man!

As for bubble bags, is there a specific company that makes quality gear or am i better off buying generic bags

1 Like

Just make sure when you get the bags that the stitching is all there and the mesh screens are standard. Mine are a 220,90,73,25 set, but I only use 220 and 90.

1 Like

Hey @JoeCrowe i watched your video and i have a few questions.

After the 2 15 min mixes are the greens spent? Do you run the batch again or is it one and done?

By doing the 220 and 90 bag will i be losing some yield? I prefer the best so i would want to run the 90 only but if i lose a significant amount that i can make edibles or something with i dont want it to get lost in the 220 bag. Please let me know if its worth running more bags in between the 220 and 90.

Also what is a good base amount to start with? 100g, 200g, 300g? Im looking for a time worthy amount like 14gs-28gs dried.
Is there a specific ice to bud ratio or just make sure the bud is soaked and covered with ice water?

Last question. Does it have to be fresh frozen/fresh buds? Can i use dried and jarred buds/trim/shake?

2 Likes

After the 2 mixes I’m done with it, and toss it in the compost. The 220 bag is the work bag that the bud mass is in, so anything smaller than 220, which trichomes are definitely smaller, will pass right through, and then get caught in the 90 bag. Meanwhile the plant fibers will be held back in the 220 bag for the most part.
I use enough ice that it lasts the entire mix, which is about 6 trays worth for the 5 gal/20 liter mix. If it melts away before you’re done, there wasn’t enough ice.
You can use leaves which will give you a worse plant fiber-to-trichome ratio. Dried buds work, but the flavor is definitely superior on fresh frozen. Also, older buds will produce a dark hash because the trichome caps get dark over time.

2 Likes

Got it. So we want more bud than trim so the 90u outcome is more trichs than fiber.

Whats the point of 8 bags is it supposed to completely separate the plant fibers from the end product?

Also i know yields are always different but how grams of bud should be used in a 5 gal?

2 Likes