Seeds to Weeds : Live & Learn Organic Edition👨🏼‍🌾📝

Well that gives you a definite place to start investigating what went wrong. Definitely perform the soils tests and see what’s going on in there!

1 Like

@JoeCrowe wow backtracking is pretty cool. So actually here we are 2 days ago. So back to back feeds = bad bad things!

Slurry test in bound should have answers in a few hours

1 Like

For the record my hypothesis is/was over fert.
Anybody wanna get their bets in before the slurry test?

1 Like

Slurry test going down. Shot glass of soil and a shot glass of tap water (7.4) @JoeCrowe does it matter what pH the water is for the slurry test?

1 Like

Slurry test went in at 7.4

The happy gelato
6.8PH 0.4EC

The sad gelato
6.9PH 0.3EC

The angry wolf cap
7.0PH 0.4EC

2 Likes

You probably know by now I’m generally in the camp of feed them :metal:t2: pale tops and purpling, I’d bump macros up. My first thought was transplant shock but it doesn’t seem like they were transplanted recently and they were good 3 days ago. Seems low for slurry ec. Have you checked runoff EC by chance? May just need flushed and fed if runoff EC is high

2 Likes

Im doing npk test right now, i have the N and P test complete just need to go finish up the K test

Looks like were out of N and we got some P i bet there is no K either.

2 Likes

I think im cursed man. I got gnomes all over watching my shit too so what givesss😂 this happens every grow except this purple kush im drying still. My track record is wack lol

2 Likes

Hey at least you know they’re sucking down what you’re giving them! Slap some food in there. You use a lot of microbes so they probably cycle your nutrients pretty well and get it used up or bound for later. They’ll pop right back

3 Likes

I was thinking that man. Most of my nutes are N and K so wheres all the N lol. I actually been slacking on the labs and i dont think i have been using it until recently, i have to check my notes

2 Likes

No K as i suspected
The more cloudy the more K is present. See how we can see through it clear as day? Damn

2 Likes

I have some gaia green 4-4-4 coming tomorrow. @JoeCrowe says its good shit. Im gonna try it out and compare to biobizz.

2 Likes

I still use it in the early season when I can’t brew plant juice from weeds. I used it in the past for a complete grow on weed and tomatoes heh heh. Wow looks like you got an answer for the problems as well! I don’t think any of us picked starved out as a guess! The one that looks better has higher EC. Love diagnostics, never leave 'em guessin ’ :wink:

2 Likes

How much do you add per gallon or do you just wing it?

I used to measure it with a tablespoon I’d make a heap on the surface from 6 tablespoons it’s like a quarter cup. in a 5 gal container. Took a while to rot away! I don’t think there was ever a point where it was too much for the plant.

1 Like

Crazy shit i went home i looked at them in disgust and then i looked at my giant shelf of gadgets and amendments and i realized i still had my soil test kit so now were talking! I cant believe there is no nitrogen. What the fuck biobizz, i never had these issues with roots organic line!

1 Like

Hmm so applying it sooner is better then later since it needs to break down. Good to know im going to throw some of that stuff on one of gelatos and one of my kitchen sinks.

1 Like

From my recollection it took like 3 days to take effect. I call the solid materials “slow release”!

2 Likes

@JoeCrowe i know you said it seems like the plants cant get enough of the gaia green but since my P levels are sufficient you think they can get too high from the 4-4-4 or am i overthinking it lol

1 Like

Yum

2 Likes