Sending clones in mail

Seriously! Don’t gimme ideas, please? Keep’em coming!

Yes, I grew it out…this was it K2…nuff sedd.

21 Likes

Wow, that is a monster cola!

4 Likes

Fucking donkey dick!

2 Likes

That’s faaaat.

3 Likes

Here’s how I’m packing cuttings, rooted clones just skip wet paper towel, just make sure the rock wool/rooter is moist.

Make sure the cutting fits lengthwise into the bag

Damp but not dripping paper towel around the cut stem

Plastic wrap

Roll so the zipper of bag acts like a spine, leave a bit of air in the bag. I use tape to keep the bag rolled up.

Place them into another bag, add some padding material into the box

39 Likes

Very nice dude!

3 Likes

Awesome! Your way is more organized, since they’re all rolled up, you can fit a bunch in that ziplock bag. Such a resilient plant… just cut 'em and throw 'em in a bag, then send them on their way.

6 Likes

Also helps if you roll/label it so you can see what strain it is once it’s rolled up.

3 Likes

Doller store Tupperware section is a game changer , to much moisture and to long in transit and I’ve seen them try to rot , besides that I’ve been pretty amazed at the success people have with this.

1 Like

I got some of those containers for when I send a bunch of rooted clones. But the excess moisture is why I wrap the paper towel/rooter with plastic wrap first, before putting them in the bag. On the other hand, I’ve had cuttings sent to me in just a ziplock bag with all the air removed, no wet paper for the stem. Still arrived healthy and perky after 3-4 days in shipping.

3 Likes

Maybe you can combine something with pvc pipes and plugs for drains, sinks …

1 Like

This is more or less the same technique I use.

As long as it isn’t too wet in the bag, or isn’t too cold or hot, or it doesn’t get held up for 10 days in shipping, they arrive safe and healthy 9/10 times.

Right now is perfect shipping time in most of the USA. Fall too. Summer and winter not so good.

I find simple priority mail to be adequate, no need for the expense of overnight. 3 days is good. Costs about $8.

6 Likes

I don’t have experience with shipping clones but I use the dry paper towel trick on fresh herbs in the refrigerator. Easily doubles the shelf life.

3 Likes

These are junk , we bought from a source in Ontario and tossed them on arrival

@Bobgrows

7 Likes

Thank you!
Going to give it a go! :v::green_heart:

1 Like

Noice. How long can they survive like that I assume more in winter?
Would a vacuume seal bag be ok and do you inoculate them thanks

1 Like

I’ve had them take 7-10 days to arrive and still be ok, as long they don’t freeze. They’re fine for several weeks to a month sitting in a cup of water in the fridge.

7 Likes

Love this thread!

4 Likes