SeymourGreen's Tent

Hey @Fuel. I’ve tried that same formula already in coco and had nothing but deficiencies starting the very next day. I’ve done the 3 part on they’re web site, plus countless other variations I’ve found on the vast wasteland that is the internet. Nothing was working for me till I found heads 6/9 for coco on another forum. It’s kinda of old school, and I do agree it’s not a complete nute regimen, but with added cal,.it’s been working for me in coco (sort of lol!) I want to switch to jacks 3-2-1 and see how that goes as that seems like a more complete nutrient profile, but I’m laid off again at the moment and funds are scarce. I just wanted to say I live in an illegal state, and there isn’t a hydro store for at least 200 miles, maybe more towards the bigger cities, but I’ve been an outdoor, and indoor soil grower since 91’, but that was when I mixed my own soil blends and made teas. Now after about an 8 year hiatus, I have found myself in a situation where I need to produce my own meds and I have just switched to coco, because I needed to up my yields. I achieved that, and now I’m suffering in the taste dept. :disappointed_relieved:

The deficiencies are exactly the point for the test-clone, in reference of the topic on tastes. Then the specific “light” program with these GH nutes.

For the whole grow, it’s another subject. But yes in the absolute its better to choose a complete formula than to rely on the FloraMicro as a base. And maybe to fill a bit more your tent if the yield is important ^^

1 Like

I’ll have to try and experiment on a clone when I take some and see what effects it will have on taste. I just worry that I’ll end up losing the flavor when drying/curing like what seems to be happening with the liberty haze that’s curing now.

1 Like

I have never experienced a full-on loss of flavour, but there seems to be a kind of a transition. Sci-fi shit. At first it smells like all sorts of awesome, then it degrades to a smell of poorly raked hay, and then it somewhat diminishes to nothing but a faint hint of a roach under the “welcome” mat in the winter, and finally comes back as the true smell of decent bud in a half-zip that’s been sitting in a glove box.

I’m sure there is a reason for that, like chlorophyll, moisture leaving tissues, denaturing of proteins, and probably some voodoo magic…

2 Likes

I totally agree, as a bud I just tried in a jar that I didn’t open for about a week seems to be getting better, but I also did a little dance, while chanting in an unknown tongue, and simultaneously sticking pins into a doll made in the likeness of Ed Rosenthal so…

1 Like

You know what, if it helps your bud, i’ll double the efforts with another Ed doll and the thickest pin I can find
This white boy can’t dance for shit though, so voodoo is all I can offer :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll take whatever I can get! I ain’t judgemental lol! :smile::smile:

1 Like

Hello everybody. Just a quick up-date. Here are the three triple cheese I got going. 1 week since transplanting. Thanks for looking!

10 Likes

Sweet! Those are looking mighty fine. Cant wait to see them stretch and bud :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. This is my second time growing the triple cheese, and I will definitely veg them a little longer this time. There is virtually no stretch with these so gotta grow em’ big!

3 Likes

I was thinking about growing triple cheese soon . How was the turn out ?
It wouldnt be until next year sometime but always nice to know

1 Like

They are a pretty easy plant to grow. They are medium feeders, stay pretty short and barely stretch. They respond well to training and super cropping. They finish (ime) around day 70-73, are pretty decent potency wise, and have a berry/skunky smell to them, and the last batch I grew had an almost peanut butter & grape jelly taste to them after about a 5 week cure. Over all I would say they are fairly stable genetics for Barneys gear.

2 Likes

I love that bushiness… I was almost about to complain how mine are insufficiently bushy :wink:

1 Like

That’s all from me going in there a couple times a day and bending and tucking all those shoots. I don’t do much topping any more, just bending and supercropping. I like to think of my self as one bad " mother tucker" lol!

2 Likes

Hey guy’s what does everyone think? Mag deficiency? All help is appreciated.

sorry for crappy pics.

4 Likes

Im not much of a plant doctor, baybe ph issues too, the burnt tips would indicate that maybe food is a touch on the hot side?

The fact that lower growth looks ok means that this is a mobile or a semi-mobile nutrient that is being either deficient or locked out. I’d check the lockout theory first, if you have been feeding them a decent diet then a deficiency unlikely.

Someone with more experience will hopefully chime in

2 Likes

Funny thing is the yellow tips happened after I fed at 1/4 strength my regular feeding. I was trying to alternate between full and half strength feedings as to not overfeed, I took it down to 1/4, and this is what happened. I usually feed at 5.8, and I check runoff everytime, but I read that runoff ph is not always accurate with coco. Iam feedind right now and runoff ph is 6.2 on 2 plants, and one at 6.3. A little to high for my liking but still in the parameters for coco.

1 Like

I also read that the ph of coco tends to settle in the 6.0-6.3 range, but Idk if that’s true.

1 Like

I am running a bunch of coco now too, and I pH to 6. I still get a leaf that looked like that once in a while but usually just a single leaf or two. I run to waste about a litre off each pot, they are 8 litres pots. Maybe a good flush? Cant hurt, right? Hope they get better!

1 Like

I’m only in 4 liter pots. Prob go 8 next run. Just did a flush with half strength nutes, and runoff ph was still the same lol! Going to do a slurry test now and see what that tells me. I hear that’s more accurate with coco. I just didn’t want to be up at 1:30 in the morning doing this shit cause I have to get up early. Finally getting my medical card tomorrow! Yay!

1 Like