Shishkaberry Preservation Run, Open-Pollination (CLOSED for sign up)

Godspeed on a smooth procedure and fast recovery.

5 Likes

Finally got my Inguinal Hernia surgery done and mesh installed early this morning. Shishkaberry Preservation will be moving forward in the next two weeks or so…just need to be stationary and iced the next few weeks. But hey after the two weeks I can lift a gallon of milk…. :roll_eyes: Can’t risk getting hurt again and be down for longer…big plans this spring/summer! :man_farmer:

Sorry for the lack of updates folks…this Hernia has been tough to deal with and definitely set me back quite a bit in many ways…I came to the realization a few weeks back that if I transplanted and moved em I wouldn’t be able to water or take care them at all…I can’t walk 300’+ out to my shed or drag a water hose through the snow either. At least here in the house I can keep them watered and alive.

Good news is they are still all alive and Thrips are dead and gone…so that’s great!

Hope you beautiful OG folks have a glorious week!!

Alaskagrown

34 Likes

Hope you have a speedy recovery!!

6 Likes

I’m glad it went well, feel better soon! :+1:

4 Likes

best wishes gl on recovery

4 Likes

Had my post surgery appointment on Wednesday that went well enough…but want me to wait the full 6 weeks for recovery…think I’m at day 18… :unamused:

Can’t believe it snowed again today! :frowning: Winter :cold_face: :snowflake: here in Alaska just won’t end…:man_shrugging:t2: About the longest winter I can remember.

Plants are still all alive in the house, getting a transplant this weekend and moved to the grow. Looks like we have temps of 38°, 40° Fahrenheit Friday and Saturday so gonna make it happen.

Proof of life to come! :wink:

Alaskagrown

36 Likes

Hang on man. The sun is coming. Hope the warmth and energy it will bring comes soon.

4 Likes

You get them brother. You will kick this thing . Never loose faith.

8 Likes

That’s cool the medical care went well. You’ll see in a few week, might be that you’ll recover faster than they think. March is shitty here too, spring made it like it was coming then vanished away. Can’t wait for sun and warmth. These SB will be gigantic lol.

5 Likes

Same here in Michigan. But, it isn’t unusual to have winter until the end of April and even Frost and snow fall a couple times in May.

:green_heart: :seedling:

10 Likes

Sending good vibes your way brother… feel better my friend… positivity is the very best medicine 🪴 :seedling: :herb: :green_heart:

5 Likes

Yea same here, hoping I can get my outdoor out this year second week in may

5 Likes

Pouring concrete with a hernia must be a bitch.
I worked pouring concrete most of my life and just a little injury can make working in the concrete biz pretty hard.

You must have a pretty high pain tolerance.

Good luck with the rest of the seed run and thank you for your persistence through the pain.

Get well soon.
Shag

9 Likes

Yeah…thinking about getting out of construction…it’s a young man’s game and I’m getting close to 50! Ha

Gonna try and do an update today.

Everything is alive and well…at least 4 verified female’s, and 3 male’s so far

Alaskagrown

21 Likes

hope you heal up well @Alaskagrown . Sucks when the body can’t keep up to the things we want to do in a day hehe. I can relate

7 Likes

OMFG ,Those colors are beautiful, I love it …I m running ur Coastal BB .I imagine those will have some killer colors when fall arrives here.

3 Likes

The “Proof of Life” I was talking about…

I know they are quite a bit rough looking but all 14 are still alive and well enough…finally out in the shed, transplanted, under 315’s, and being fed some proper nutrients. Better late than never! Ha

From being in the solo cups so long they have started to auto flower a bit as pretty root bound. They’ll straighten out after a week or so under 24-0 light cycle.

Plan is to get them healthy over the next month or so then we’ll get down to business.

Anyways, here they are a little worse for wear…

Alaskagrown

P.S The three little one’s are not Shishka…

38 Likes

Hola @Alaskagrown

Great work

Bare

5 Likes

Shishkaberry Update. :slight_smile:

It’s been a few weeks since the relocation and repotting…definitely past due for an update!

Plants are all alive and well, finally starting to reveg after being severely root bound and basically on the verge of death. As you can see some of the males are dumping some pollen and because of this some of the females are trying to grow seeds. Tomorrow I’ll be cutting off the affected areas and allowing the non flowering bottoms to get stronger.

A few more weeks and they should be on their way to a flowering cycle.

I again apologize for this shit show of a Shishkaberry preservation…but better late than never and soon enough they’ll be a ton a Shishka for everyone to enjoy…and most likely a bunch of pollen as well! :wink:

Alaskagrown

45 Likes

that funky 3 blade specimen really intrigues me…

7 Likes