Shishkaberry Preservation Run, Open-Pollination (CLOSED for sign up)

Shishkaberry Update

Things are moving along nicely…males are all played out and remaining pollen collected. I figure another 2-3 weeks and the seeds should be mature…we’ll see :slight_smile:

Here they are.

Alaskagrown

87 Likes

Nicely seeded. They were so big that will make a lot of seed. Well done! There gonna be some shishkaberry around here in the future :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Awesome to see this run going strong - thanks for being Resilient, I imagine you’re excited to get it to the finish line!

I used to smoke a lot of shiskaberry 10+ years ago but never saw the actual plants, so this has been fun to watch.

8 Likes

Keep me in mind when your seeds are ready please.

7 Likes

Congrats on getting to the finish line brudda :metal: I wonder if anyone has sweet tooth #3 floating around still :thinking: Breeder Steve is no doubt legendary

5 Likes

Absolutely my friend!

Again I thank both @ShiskaberrySavior and @Barefrog for making all this possible…packages of seeds and pollen with be heading both or your ways.

I originally traded Shishkaberry Savior for seeds what must be going on 15-20 years ago. I gifted some out to what I thought was a good friend to reproduce but sadly the genetics disappeared. The remaining seeds I started years later but the window was rapidly closing as had low germ rates and weak plants…the story goes on.

This has been about the longest journey for a reproduction I’ve ever done but finally coming to a close. :slight_smile:

We’re almost to the finish line.

Alaskagrown

44 Likes

Glad to hear your near the end of the tunnel. Should be appreciated by a lot of people once they’re ready.
It’s been a journey to keep that strain alive probably 15 years in my care when I shut it down and moved on . Really glad you carried through with preserving them for another long life hopefully. Thanks shiska

24 Likes

Wow man … it looks nice brother!! :ok_hand: :green_heart::metal::raised_hands::clap::clap::clap::pray::pray::pray::eyes:

4 Likes

Congrats on a successful journey! Awesome seeing this with a strain that is near and dear to heart

5 Likes

Way to bring it on home :house:! It’s always nice to get the checked flag at the finish line :checkered_flag:! Happy for your success! WTG! :ok_hand::+1::facepunch::wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

15 Likes

On the home stretch! Great to see this one come to fruition.

Thanks for continuing the journey :+1:

6 Likes

It’s about that time folks…party time! :confetti_ball:

These will be available for anyone with “member” status and up.

This is technically not a co-op as I’ll be handling everything on my end. I’ll start with 100 spots and we’ll go from there. Seeds will get sent out after summer is over…in Alaska that’s coming real soon. :wink:

As soon as I can figure out how to open my tread for edits we’ll get the ball rolling.

Alaskagrown

57 Likes

Thank you for preserving this and sharing it with the community 🫶🏼

9 Likes

Great job looking forward to seeing what gets grown with all these people getting some shishkaberry

11 Likes

Yeah, congrats for the seeds, went well despite adverse conditions. Thanks for sharing that, can’t wait to try some! :+1:

7 Likes

That’s awesome of you. Big Shishkaberry fan here. Congrats on a job well done.

7 Likes

Nice man! Always feels good to finish up a project. Appreciate your efforts!

4 Likes

I’m embarrassed to admit i just found this Topic. Gotta get busy reading.
I searched Shishkaberry genetics and it sounds awesome.

5 Likes

Definitely a strain for indica fans👍

3 Likes

Maybe a mod can help…would it be possible to open this up for a wiki or whatever it’s called. I’d like to start out with 50 TL2 and 50 TL3

I don’t think I can do it myself.

Alaskagrown

Nevermind figured it out…I think! lol

7 Likes