Should I be worried about these leaves?

Hi guys, New member and first time grower here. I have some leaves that have me a little worried. Its just a few leaves scattered around 4 plants that seem to have issues. The vast majority of them look really good to me, but these few make we want to get your advice.

Some details…
-Im growing in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil with aprox 30% added perlite in 5 gallon fabric pots.
-DIY 2’x3’x4’ tent with reflector mylar lit by 500 watts of CFL’s.
-I have constant fan blowing inside the tent and exhaust fans and intake fans for fresh air.
-Temps stay in the mid 70’s to low 80’sF when the lights are on. At night the temp drops to around 66-68F but the internal fan stays on.
-Humidity varies from the mid 30’s to the mid 60’s depending on if I just watered and if its raining outside.
-I water roughly every other day but dont often get much runoff.
-My tap water PH is about 7.2, so I have been lowering it to around 6.2-6.5 before watering. My runoff water still tests close to 7 or a hair above.
-These are from 2ea Northern Lights and 2ea CBD Critical from Nirvana - all feminized. They are aprox 5 weeks old now.

As I said, most of the leaves look great to me but here are some of the ones with issues.

I didnt get any good pics, but I also have a few leaves that are cork screwing/twisted, but only a few.

Again,

3 Likes

Here are some shots of the rest of the plants to show what the majority of the leaves look like.

The one pic with the circled leaf shows an example of some shriveling/wrinkling on some of the leaves.

By the way, I have seen nothing that look like a live critter of any type - but my eyes are not what they used to be :slight_smile:

Thanks for any help or advice!

4 Likes

Looks like damage from handling.

I would not worry in the least. Grow it out.

7 Likes

Welcome and i agree that most of that looks like older damage that grew out.

6 Likes

That’s a third on not to worry :thumbsup:

@Uncle_Al, check out that classy foot shot. Shoes and everything. :joy:

4 Likes

Went the extra mile for actual shoes

3 Likes

Will you boys ever behave? :athletic_shoe:

2 Likes

LOL

Thanks for the help!! Thats a big relief!!!

1 Like

Good eye! Had to go back to figure out what you were talking about. :eyeglasses:

4 Likes

It’s kind of a running joke about feet shots. Like I said, classy. I don’t think my hobbit feet have been caught yet.

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure if I could add here or start another thread. I moved my 4 dixie WW into one gallon pots yesterday. They are under a CMH 315W 4k bulb ( which was already running for heat.) I tuned off the light thy came from, off.

What is going of with these leaves

1 Like

More pics would make it easier to guess but i believe that is phosphorous deficiency. You have very few other signs so i think it might be a lockout issue not that it is missing from the soil. Is your PH on point?

1 Like

PH is to high and wondered how far away the light should be. Also It heated up from -15 to 35 F in a day.

1 Like

Keep your PH in check and temp steady and let it grow out of its funk. Start your 315 two to three foot above and slowly lower it and let the plant grow into it until it is 18 inches or so. They will burn the plant if you don’t pay attention so be patient. Towards the end of flower i have had them 10 to 12 inches from the tallest tops with no burn so they aren’t as intense as 1000 watt hps. Good luck!

2 Likes

I have a dehumidifier and it was running 30/35% today jumped to 55/60 and temp from low 70 to high 80’s. I was wondering if the drastic Weather change here. Or if there wasn’t roots enough for the transplant… Also not sure of height of new lights. Just might I did to too much to them/

This new problem started a few days ago on just a couple of leaves on one plant. Now all 4 are effected to some degree.

At first I thought it was light burn - I just up-graded to new LED lights from CFL’s. I also added a more powerful fan blowing down through the light fixture onto the plants - for light fixture cooling as well as circulation.

But it didnt quite look like light burn. I found some pics of wind burn and thought that might be it, but it doesnt quite look like that either. To me it looks like it could be several different things as far as NUTE deficiencies, but they dont look exactly like any of the pics Ive seen.

Temps with lights on stay between 72 at ‘night’ and 78 ‘day’. Im still in veg on 20/4 cycle. Im growing in FoxFarm Ocean Forest with plenty of perlite in 5 Gal fabric pots. The soil drains fast and well. My water is normally around 7-7.2PH, so I started dropping it to around 6 for each watering about 2 weeks before this started showing up. Now my run-off water tests around 6.5 using drops.

Iv raised the lights and turned them down some and blocked off most of the airflow from the fan, but it continues to spread and get worse.

I have some leaves with lightly yellowed tips, some with dark veins and light body, some burned and spotted. The plans still look fairly healthy over all though.

Im lost…

Over all view…

Here is the burning/spotting front and back of the same leaf.

another one.

Yellowing tips on a few.

some more

Forgot to mention - Ive pretty much ruled out light burn or wind burn. Soem of the leaves that are the worst are in shadded from the light and the breeze, so it has to be nutes or ph I guess??

Also forgot - Ive done very little feeding using FoxFarm nutes per the chart, but at less than 1/2 strength and maybe every other week at most. I also PH the nute solution down to between 6 and 6.4 or so.

1 Like

Nutrient burn?

Are you into flip yet?

99%

How are you watering? Are you doing a foliar spray?

Light intensity tends to magnify through water like a well angled microscope above ants in a sidewalk…

2 Likes

I dont see how it could be nutrient burn. Ive only been feeding maybe once a week and its been very diluted. I made up a 1 gal jug of nutes that was 1/2 the recommended strength, but I only gave each plant about 16 oz at a time, once a week.

Still in veg mode on a 20/4 light cycle.

1 Like