Should I be worried about these leaves?

I got my USB microscope. Taking good shots with this thing is not easy! I have a few almost decent shots out of several dozen tries.

Ok, these are all pics of the calyxes at the top of the bud from my youngest Critical CBD. This plant is the runt of the litter, and was the last one to show sex, but is looking more mature than any of the others for some reason.

Its hard for me to judge, but I think Im seeing mostly cloudy trichomes with some amber ones mixed in and some that are still clear.

5 Likes

Here are some wider angle shots of the buds on that plant. The hairs are almost gone.

6 Likes

I’m still seeing a lot of clear in those shots. I like to focus mainly on the capitate stalked trichomes (the ones that look like mushrooms, not so much the bulbous trichomes (where I see some amber). The bud shot shows me the same thing, not auite ready yet IME.

6 Likes

Ok. Now that I look closer, it does look like most of those amber ones could be the bulbous type. I had just assumed those were also the stalked versions, just head on in the image so you couldnt see the stalk. I’ll have to see if I can get some better pics that show the bulbous type clearly.

It does look like some of the stalked ones are amber too, but not that many. It still looks to me like the majority are cloudy, but maybe 30% still clear? Its hard to tell because the focal distance is so short most of the image is out of focus and fuzzy, which makes the bright ones look cloudy when they may not be.

I need to rig up some sort of long, stiff, but adjustable arm/holder/gizmo/thingy for this scope so I can get better shots…

2 Likes

The color of trichomes is not perfect but along with plumpness, and color of calyxes gives you a way of judging ripeness. Heat, cold, wind, and distance from light affect trichome color and could give a premature amber. Time and experience with the strain allow you to find YOUR perfect doneness. :grin:

8 Likes

LOL I dont have much time or experience - my first grow, so Im relying heavily on you guys for help!

Lucky for me, and the other newbies on here, you folks keep coming through!! :smiley:

Thanks!!!

5 Likes

i read some good advice i think from @Viva_Mexico - something like when you think she’s ready wait another week

7 Likes

Words to live by. :thumbsup: :seedling:

5 Likes

This is when you would increase LIFTA to maximum dosage, right?

99%

3 Likes

It’s a great flushing agent. :grin: :laughing: :joy:

1 Like

Ok, I guess this is another learning opportunity. Im pretty sure LIFTA is NOT a Palestinian Arab village on the outskirts of Jerusalem, so Im going to guess it means Leave It F’ing Totaly Alone? Or? :smiley:

4 Likes

LITFA (Leave it the F Alone) is an all new tonic I’ve been marketing. It will help with over watered plants, broken stems, and is an excellent flushing agent. LITFA can be over applied, more is not better in this case. LITFA is best used in a soil or soiless medium; small doses may work in hydro. All for the low price of $99.99 + S&H.

:grin: :laughing: :joy:

7 Likes

Ah ha! Even with a spelling error, I almost got it right :smiley:

My problem is I think Im allergic to LITFA, which makes it really hard to use properly… :wink:

2 Likes

I was that way at first too. You just have to build up immunity by using it frequently in small doses, like iocane powder. :grin: Now, I sometimes use it on accident.

3 Likes