Show Me State Medical

2 Likes

Don’t know what district Andrew McDaniel represents but perhaps I should move there :thinking: definitely like the idea I look at marijuana as a consciousness of itself would probably vote better

4 Likes

And here we go. Progress.
“It was very clear it hasn’t been fair process, it hasn’t been transparent, and definitely not a competitive process. … It’ll be better in a lot of ways. It drives costs down and it helps to suppress the black market. And especially in a time when people are scrambling for jobs, it’s a job creator.” – Baker to KSHB
https://www.ganjapreneur.com/missouri-house-passes-bill-to-eliminate-medical-cannabis-license-caps/?fbclid=IwAR3NBH195sBe9444Qd3fT3uV7930d6iZMtv7-t4DupgP07w85puegxNGyUk

2 Likes

Now that is progress I hope to see my local area get a couple more I know two different guys who applied and didn’t get approved both own other successful businesses I’m sure they would both fare well in cannabis

3 Likes

Sure would love to see the little rural Missouri main streets get shops breathe some life back into local commerce
Marijuana could be a critical lifeline financially for alot of these communities I saw it through my travels in Colorado people had a little money in there pockets again come harvest time kids had better Christmases

A little cash crop in areas where 8 dollars an hour is the only jobs available makes a world of difference

5 Likes

Free markets stimulate the economy. This should be a big help. I think it has to go to the Senate and then the governor next for it to be law.

2 Likes

Missouri still has lots of cheap land without all the water rights issues Colorado has if we go rec anytime in the next couple years I expect a mass flooding of people moving to Missouri …hell the doctors are already mostly from out of state travelling from state to state i think mine was from Montana or new Mexico or something lol got flyers hanging up under stop signs all over STL

2 Likes

Your gonna see alot more signs if these bills get passed.

As a legislative probe into the rollout of Missouri’s medical marijuana program has expanded into Gov. Mike Parson’s office, a Neosho-area lawmaker is working to remove a cap on the number of medical marijuana licenses set by the state.

Though he said he voted against Amendment 2 in 2018, Rep. Ben Baker, R-Neosho, said that when voters approved the medical marijuana amendment, they didn’t approve a maximum number. His amendment removes a limit placed by the Department of Health and Senior Services.

https://www.joplinglobe.com/news/local_news/amendment-would-remove-limit-of-medical-marijuana-licenses/article_07d19043-95fa-507a-a002-b917589cd4f6.html?fbclid=IwAR09QwjbUka0PyT0XxTcvvKnA2Q0BEpb8RBSbuTPRcxQJuQtDGSqcbh5xak

2 Likes

The U.S. House of Representatives late Friday passed a $3 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill that includes a provision that would allow banks to serve state-legal marijuana businesses without fear of punishment.

The bill passed along partisan lines by a 208-199 margin and now heads to the Senate, where it faces fierce Republican resistance.

The Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions (HEROES) Act includes the SAFE Banking Act, which the U.S. Houseseparately approved last fall but has since been stuck in a Senate committee.

1 Like
1 Like

First inspections have been completed!

2 Likes

I also see that they clarified that dispensaries don’t have the ability to sell clones :unamused:

1 Like

Lobbyist under FBI scrutiny had regular contact with Missouri medical marijuana leaders

“I just think the jig was up from the get go,” he said. “It wasn’t on the up and up. I was so stupidly naive. I’m mad at myself and I’m ashamed at myself that I would be so stupid and spend all our money. It was a rigged game from the beginning.” Long before Richard Rodriguez began compiling his application for a St. Louis marijuana dispensary, he began hearing rumors about Tilley’s involvement in the industry. People kept bringing up Steve Tilley’s name,” he said. “People were hearing about this. This wasn’t some kind of a secret.”

Rodgriguez was denied a license by the state, a decision he is now appealing. But he said the apparent influence Tilley had has soured him on the entire process.

Rodriguez operates two restaurants in the Cherokee Street neighborhood of St. Louisand hoped to open a dispensary nearby. He saw the arrival of medical marijuana as his family’s first chance at building generational wealth.

Ultimately, two other companies won licenses for dispensaries in that area, including BeLeaf Medical, [which Tilley counts as a client.]
After Leisa Stevens’ Prairie Land Farms was denied a marijuana cultivation license, she appealed the state’s decision and launched the Missouri Marijuana Alliance, a group of similar businesses pushing the state to award more licenses .

She spent more than $160,000 hiring the outside experts needed to complete her application. In retrospect, Stevens wonders if some of that money would have been better spent by making political donations to people like the governor, or hiring a well-connected lobbyist.

“Looking back now, I wish we had done it,” she said.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, long time listener, first time caller. I was a regular visitor of OG back in 2000. Been visiting here for 2 months and just recently joined. Complete noob as far as growing. Plan on getting my med card and planning my first grow. Trying to sort through all the overwhelming choices, lights, growing medium etc. Still hard for me to fathom that med use in MO is legal. I remember reading about legalization efforts in the 80’s and thought never in my lifetime! So thanks for having me and I plan on learning everything I can.

4 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @joker happy you made your first stop at the Missouri page :grin:

1 Like

Thank you @TheShowMeHomie!! Been reading a lot of your posts on here. Think you are right up the road from me here in Jeffco. Love Fredbird on the 3 wheeler, got to be from the 80’s!!

2 Likes

I am a early 80s baby…last of generation x not a millennial no matter what the internet says :joy::joy::rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Is this my brother ?

3 Likes

Lol, maybe an older brother!! Born in 70. Been smoking all my life. Never grew, laws were always to harsh on a small personal grow.

2 Likes

Oh ok lol I know my brothers been creeping around on here buts he is pretty tech savvy which makes him paranoid of posting on sites he said he was gonna make an account the other day so I thought it was him especially with the fredbird reference he has multiple Cardinals tattoos and is an all around super fan lol

Yeah I mostly did outdoors until recently if I had a couple acres and a long driveway I would still the medical program really is mind-blowing I’ve never felt so comfortable in my county

Lot of missouri people coming out the woodwork a couple other jeffco people on here too hell from KC to Farmington even the Ozark region is being represented on overgrow and that’s a wonderful thing

2 Likes