Show me your sliver slingers!

Good deal hope you had some good times

1 Like

I also have this…which I’m selling maybe…

1 Like

Here’s is one of my oldest…Bear’s Delta V…

3 Likes

I was just looking at this sweet thing again. Nice bow…

1 Like

I have 3 or 4 older bows that need new string, I think one is a bear. Unsure, but will post up later.

1 Like

Here is a bear in the first pic I believe it’s 55 lb. And the second is a pse that’s 60lb. I have one more I’ll post when I get to it … they all need new string and adjustment on pins…

2 Likes

That thing is very cool.

It was the fastest bow back in the day and was in 1 mad max movie…I too had a PSE, it was a Nova…

1 Like

That makes it even more neat :laughing:

Thanks man, I got some pics of a few others I own but cant find them. This is the only pic I could find. I will get better ones when I open the cottage in May.

2 Likes

Right on, nice place there man. I’m starting to get everything going for a garden right now. But I would and should be doing some practice flinging those slivers lol.

1 Like

Thanks bud, that’s part of the basement at the cottage. There is another bow in the case. I rebuilt them both into shooting shape after my father died. I will get some batter pics when I get back up there. I had already taken them but I can’t find them anywhere.

2 Likes

Very cool you rebuilt them into usable condition later. Definitely look forward to seeing them. Do you shoot graphite, or wood, or aluminum arrows or does it depend? I found I used to use the aluminum… but now I have been hunting and shooting graphite these last few years.

2 Likes

All my new stuff is graphite, for the older ones I have aluminum. Do all my own fletching. LOL, I say that like it’s a big thing but it’s not :wink:

3 Likes

It’s good to know how, we were taught young. Now I jush buy them and have them cut, then I glue the jnserts. And the rest was dinner… haven’t made arrows for years.

1 Like

Well just thought about this and remembered I did bring one bow home from the lake last year. Meet the Whisper Creek Predator. This would be my second choice if not using my Martin Cheetah :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You put your eye out with that :rofl:

2 Likes

used to go boar hunting with the bloke I used to work for but they used dogs and guns lol,

LOL

GrossFrequentHyracotherium-max-1mb

1 Like

I built a fletching jig out of 2x4’s to plane down wood to make shafts. I have a nice tight grain piece of red oak I will eventually laminate with fiberglass and wood glue and eventually teach myself the next step: making the bow.

There’s nothing “primitive” about “primitive tools” if you start to learn how to use them :rofl:

2 Likes