Show your animal

I have 4, adventure is ALWAYS GOING ON HERE!

2 Likes

No kidding :grin:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: thought you were letting 2 shred a coyote pup for a sec there :grimacing:

:evergreen_tree::person_facepalming:

6 Likes

Blockquote This made a world of difference to Celia as well! She now freaks out with joy when she sees the slip leash come off the wall!

Sushi definitely isn’t there yet but he doesn’t turn and walk away when I grab it off the wall or take 1/2 a bag of treats to coax into it anymore. He’s both excited to be outside but gets freaked out quickly and wants to run home. I’m trying to take him for more walks at night/early in the morning when it’s quieter but he rarely goes more then half a block in any direction. Still a lot of work until we get to the point where he gets the zoomies when he hears the leash. We’ll see how he feels about the bandana I made for his leash to kill some time while relaxing.

The key words there are “when I care for them” as I’ve chronically neglected them for a good while now, you actually just reminded me I have to water some plants tonight… Hopefully I settle into a routine with Maki, the gardens and working instead of playing catch up. Which will be easier the more Maki gets use to the leash and comfortable outside again so we can go for longer walks to tire him out instead of 4+ short walks around the neighbourhood.

7 Likes

I can see the wisdom in your thinking living with a furry ball of fury. Very cook moths!

3 Likes

You mean to tell me that your lizard doesn’t have a ball pit?!! :scream:

7 Likes

Actually, thats his son and daughter in that pic. He is a good big boy, is just playing with them.

2 Likes

Maki looking dope is his new bling, just annoyed I’m going so slow leaving the apartment when he wants to be out walking…

18 Likes

Looks like you’ve made lots of progress.

3 Likes

Just look at that beautiful face!

3 Likes

He’s done really well, although the more he settles in the more baggage he unpacks so we’ve got a lot of work to do.

2 Likes

He’s adorable, even more so being slightly cross eyed as it gives him a curious/engaged look all the time.

1 Like

Beautiful! They love their balls! :slight_smile:

1 Like

6166190_grow-journal-by-amazongrowsensi-seedsnorthern-lights-fem_m

This is Boris, my dog. And that was Aurora, one of my NL girls.

16 Likes

This is our red-eared slider, Gril-a-rilla. About 20 years ago, our neighbors (both still live in our building) broke up and they farmed out the pets to folks they knew. We got the turtle. She was about 2 inches long, illegal in CA. The dang thing was so cute, and I remember winning a red-eared slider at an elementary school carnival when I was probably in the fourth or fifth grade. As I recall it didn’t last long. This one definitely has a better track record. She weighs in at about nine and a half pounds and inhabits a hundred and fifty gallon aquarium. She lays eggs a couple of times a year and sheds carapace (upper shell), plastron (lower shell), and scutes (edge) pieces occasionally. I have quite the collection. No fucking idea what I will do with them, but like the cat whiskers we find around the house, I just can’t bring myself to toss them. No shit. And just to be clear, I don’t collect the dust bunnies and dust monsters, they just mysteriously appear. :laughing:

Gril had belonged to one of our neighbors’ kids. Those children are now adults. Two of them have their own kids now, and they sometimes come to show their kids “their” turtle. We’re good with that. We think of ourselves as TPS/Turtle Protective Services. :rofl:

The wife is fifteen years my junior. She just turned 57 yesterday. She figures Genki, our cat, will go first, then me, then it’s a toss up. HA!

She can be surprisingly interactive, particularly around dinner time! :laughing:

It’s been such a joy to have her all these years!

19 Likes

20 Likes

WHAT A SWEETIE!

:heart: :turtle: :heart:

2 Likes

A sleepy guy:

16 Likes

Looks like a Casual, Guard-dog

2 Likes

2-3 pictures of the new Guy… Gunner, a silhouette of the Queen, and my snow-sculpting project at 11,500 feet in Breckenridge, featuring my Cats

20 Likes