Show your animal

My river the Tyne is probably a very close 2nd :rofl:

2 Likes

Can’t see it for all the fog on it mate :rofl:

1 Like

my small rivers has cow shit in it and a dead animal or 2.

3 Likes

That fog on the Tyne is all mine all mine :rofl:

2 Likes

The river Tyne has shopping carts and few unfound dead bodies :rofl:

1 Like

Ah man, I watched a documentary on the river awhile back and it was quite shocking to find just how polluted it was. It’s a shame being such an iconic river. I also live not far from one of the heaviest polluted rivers here in the states. Years of toxic sludge and waste from businesses being dumped in it. You can pull some freakishly large fish from it, but know one who knows better will eat them. :astonished:

1 Like

The old cotton Mills. Coal mines etc used to be the source of the pollution during the days of industrial revolution it’s actually United utilities (north west waste water management) that are dumping in the water towards the Denton stretch and they get measly fines so they just carry on. they even had the cheek to impose a hosepipe ban and want the public to pay for this privilege.

Compulsory medication is illegal here in the UK so by law I’m not obliged to pay for chlorinated and fluoridated water. Wouldn’t wanna dip a toe in the river here let alone eat a fish :rofl:

3 Likes

Airborne sheltie.

tbd

15 Likes

Luci - my 2 yr old Blue Heeler. she is a fetching machine.

17 Likes

Beautiful smile on that Luci.

Looks happy and relaxed.

8 Likes

Another addition,
A young Asian forest scorpion

Harry said “High” :slight_smile:

7 Likes

No cage-fight?! :crossed_swords: :bug: :laughing:

j/k :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

No way haha

I reckon the scorpion would win though…

It seems absolutely off it’s tits for a small creature.

2 Likes

Coyote

12 Likes

whoa, how’d you get this pic - were you inside? it’s a small one. I noticed a lot less critters out there this week when I showed up w/ the dogs, I wonder how close this guy lives?

3 Likes

Yeah he/she looked young and pretty healthy. I sat and waited for that pic. Rifled through the entire back yard looking for bunnies and squirrel.

Settled for a few rotten plums and took off.

There is a golf course near here. Thinking this must be its home.

2 Likes

1 isn’t a threat’ a pack of coyotes IS. Calif. has a LOT.
It’s our species fault of course…ever encroaching :homes:
I saw one once while doing trail work…at first glance, out of the corner of one’s eye, when alone, that silhouette instinctively says WOLF! for a split second. :wolf:
Primitive experiences ingrained in our brains. :thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

This is Sophie . She was Brought to me in 2014. I was helping a Dog rescue rehome Dogs. She was 10years Old
infested by fleas, skin and bones 14 rotten teeth (the people that pre owned her were charged with Cruelty).

she was in such pain that as she shivered in pain,I would hold her in a blanket like a baby. If I had the money to help her I
would have. I contacted a Lady in Ottawa she done a fund raiser for Sophie. They came to my house in the middle
of a Snow storm (! live in Canada) and it was in December. They brought sophie to a vet in Odgensburg NewYork.
to have Her teeth removed. They brought her back that evening After they brought her back to my house, thet commented
that she knew as soon as they turned off the highway Sophie came to life she knew she was going home.
That she did as I made my mind up a that point to keep this Wonderful little Dog. I have had her now 4 years/
The best Christmas gift I have ever recieved.

15 Likes

Aww! I love that story! She’s beautiful!

2 Likes

She a cavalier king charles?