Show your animal

My new arrival.as she was being driven across country by car, last week. Her name is Beanie…actually Beanz! LOL

19 Likes

Time for a seat-belt-thing-a-mabob! :wink:

I should be more vigilant in using the thing around town but I always do on the freeway. Sudden stops mean dogs go flying & my last dog suffered a permanent sprain & limped because I was following too close :blue_car: enraged & dissociated. :neutral_face:

So there’s that.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Naw…she was just popping out of her soft sided carrier that she rode here in…She’s way to small for a seat belt (10 lbs). I do have one in the car for the older dogs though.

4 Likes

One of the pets here at the zoo

16 Likes

That smile says :toilet: :relieved:

:joy_cat: :camera_with_flash:

4 Likes

my dogs and german shepherds in general are super-sensitive to food allergies - 99% of commercial dry dog foods makes them get skin itching. Pollen allergies make them get eye & nasal congestion but no itchting. I use Benadryl too, when their nose clogs up too bad to sleep normally.

I had to go to a raw food diet & itching disappeared. The only dry food they can get without itching is this low-ingredient one - I’ve tried Acana, it caused itching

this is the only other brand of dry food that doesn’t cause itching:

5 Likes

they have medicated doggy shampoo that helps some …it that does not do it ask yer vet people drugs are not always good for dogs

2 Likes

@cannabissequoia Jezebel is allergic to most proteins. I have to feed her a limited ingredient diet. She got really bad itchies once in the summer. I started bathing her in Dr. Bronners Tea Tree Oil soap and it stopped. Try it first, if that doesn’t work, she may be allergic to her food. Then it’s process of elimination. Oh she is also allergic to Downy fabric softener. Make sure you haven’t changed laundry soaps or something recently that she lays down on…

3 Likes

Merlin jumping for water . . .

16 Likes

:thinking: and an RX-8? :mag: :blue_car:

2 Likes

Steve the greyhound. He won quite a few races in his day. 4 feet long, 6 inches wide. Fastest dog in the dog park, sleeps 18hrs/day, and all-around sweetheart.

I got cats too, but this seems like a dog thread.

16 Likes

Porsche Cayman S (my stepson’s)

2 Likes

My dog developed a skin condition that required antibiotics from taking dips in our local pond.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies on summer dog allergies; I mostly was trying to see if my vet was inventing shit or whether the dog was filthy. :smile:

@tobedetermined wow-- i was WAY off there! :blush:

2 Likes

I give mine a product called lipiderm

4 Likes

Burt’s Bees makes a natural itching spray…safe and works.

If you feed Grain Free or a Boutique diet, please be aware of POSSIBLE trouble as in Heart Disease.

My new Golden Puppy is not and never will be on anything like this. (Goldens are apparently highly susceptible)

It is becoming harder and harder to find quality, USA SOURCED pet foods these days as the companies are switching en masse to the grain free craze.

6 Likes

A friend of mine raises 50 chickens a year for dog food; grinds & freezes it all at once. :meat_on_bone:

6 Likes

Fifty chickens…, My Border Collie and Aussie would be herding them in a flash…hahahah

Kudos to your friend, as that’s the only way to know for sure what is in the food…Sorta like our weed…grow it yourself and KNOW for sure!:wink:

4 Likes

Mina the Corso…

14 Likes

Bunny time.

10 Likes