SHSC-1 Grows Shiskaberry 3f2

On my last grow, I had a really wonky Buddahs Cane that my friend, @MoBilly talked me into keeping. I was this close to culling her. I ran her and she ended up hand’s down the best of the bunch.

11 Likes

She did at that.

7 Likes

I’ve had surprises from runts before as well.
Hopefully it gets going soon and i’ll keep giving it what it needs for life.
I have another runt going that was the only one out of 5 seeds that made it above the soil.
They are old reeferman G13 seeds that i was sent to germinate and possibly seed increase but it’s the only plant that made it. It popped it’s cotelydons and then stopped doing anything. A few days ago some new life emerged and it developed trichome frost all over it… hmmmm I say… I’ll give that runt everything it needs as I really want it to survive.

24 Likes

And iI’m about to put his cut into flower! Just need her to recover from her sudsing.

5 Likes

@SHSC-1 - i hope your G13 is a girl. That’s a bucket list strain too.

7 Likes

the details on the other plants are in my other thread ===> Adventures in seed poppin and pollen tossin - Overgrow.com

and yes… i hope it is a female as well. :wink:

9 Likes

I better find a boy for a possible girl , g13/Deepchunk f2 perhaps?

3 Likes

ya man , maybe eh?
you know I’m game hehehe
I am going to pop the 5 Lui x G13 seeds too to get those in the mix

7 Likes

It seems I have some of those as well and not sure of source
So many gens so little time

4 Likes

Those Shiskaberry babies are looking great dude!
Yeah, don’t give up on that runt. Yup, Sometimes they will surprise you!
We’ve grown a few that grew out of that stage and was kept as moms.

I’m reminded of Doug Dawson’s lonely BMR, now she’s a beauty!

Continual Good Vibes!!

14 Likes

Veg update
After discussing with @PineTarBastard , we have decided to include my 2017 shishkaberry seeds in the journal but any use of them for this seed increase will be evaluated first. What I think is we might end up with more than one seed lot to pass around. :wink:
Anyhow, there are weeks left to make any decisions.
The seedlings are nicely settled in to thier pots that were wetted out with full strength feed.
I have watered them twice now with 1 cup each application. I have a 75ft deep well for my water here and right now it’s coming in at 6.5 ish. Plants seem to like it :wink:
Here is a pic of the 7 Ustad Shishkaberry 3f2

and a group shot with the whole family together. Shishkaberry 3f2 are the white tag and the 2017 Shishka are the red tags. In my notes I am calling them Shishka A(white tag) and B(red tag)

that’s it for now… and I think I will pull another batch of the 2017 seeds and get them going.

till next time :wink:

48 Likes

They’re looking really good!

13 Likes

Nice looking plants hope you get a killer pheno to play with

9 Likes

Great color on those things! Jealous of your 6.5 well water too, ours is slightly higher in ph with a little seasonal swing but I’ve recently stopped adjusting to see if I can get away with it or not. Cheers to healthy plants the whole way through my friend :v:t2::v:t2:

13 Likes

How do the different breeders versions of this compare to the original? Sol gear is non existent anymore but I see blimburn, Barney’s and a few others carry this. Didn’t know if any of them started carrying it after he shut down or if everyone just started trying to make their own version of it

1 Like

Blimburn and Barney’s are knockoffs according to breeder steve in potcasts I have listened too. He almost spat the words barney’s farm and seemed to have a real hate on. I have heard the blimburn and barneys is the same but it is not shishk according to breeder steve.
I have not seen or tried any other spice of life repro work other than that of Ustad Seeds one time release of thier F2’s of Spice of Life Shishkaberry 3. The same seeds we are working with in this thread. I am not sure where/when @PineTarBastard aquired his seeds but the ones I aquired and worked with were released in 2015/16 at Hemp Depot. And as mentioned earlier in the thread, my 2017 seedlot is the only female I got from old spice of life first release Shishkaberry seeds aquired in 1998. I tried getting them going in 2016 but only 2 plants grew… an unimpressive male and a nice honey cruller kind of smelling female. So I selected a really nice stud from the Ustad seeds to pair with that lone 98 female to make my 2017 lot.
The Ustad seeds really reminded me of the shishkaberry I know as far as stem smells, leaf shapes and structure “and” more importantly… the telltale blueberry variegation.
The plants were certainly of Shishkaberry origin and too me… whoever did the selection process over at Ustad Seeds did a bang up job. This is why I feel there is very worthy genetic material to recover and preserve.
Will breeder steve just call me another knock off… geez I hope not. I am doing this project as a tribute to spice of life and this variety simply must be preserved and only legit genetics of spice of life origin will be used. No cash crop ken, no blimburn or barney’s… just the legit Shishka.
I was giving the plants a little shot of water tonight… will get them organized for a pic dump tomorrow. Some real nice vigor and the smells are waking up and I am really pleased.
stay tuned!!

35 Likes

We’re tuned…we’re tuned!!

13 Likes

@SHSC-1 knows his Shish.

8 Likes

I purchased the seeds from Hemp Depot in 2016. :grinning:

11 Likes

Ok, so stay away from blimburn and Barney’s lol. I’ve never tried Shishkaberry but there seams to be a lot of talk about it lately so it peaked my interest to look around

8 Likes