SHSC-1 Grows Shiskaberry 3f2

Awesome project Tom, will be following along for sure.

6 Likes

So from any previous partakers whats the flavor like on this gal?

4 Likes

I grew mine out back in 2016. Some nice females from the seeds I popped but nothing in the “berry” taste department.
The Shiskaberry 3 itself was not made with the blueberry or berry theme in mind. Not sure what Breeder Steve intended but he used his other Afghan (the red I think) and the Shiskaberry 3 was more on the raw hashplant side. I went thru 20 seeds looking for a standout and a couple were really nice earthy sweet but no berry. This is why I used the 1998 female from the old seeds I had because she was quite sweet and for my seed lot she is crossed with a nice male from the Ustad seeds.

So… @PineTarBastard , the seeds arrived safe n sound and I’m shocked at how fast they got here. I’m waiting on stuff that was mailed from fellow canadians after yours hit the mail and yours got here first LOL

So give me a bit here I still need to clean up some stuff in my veg room, move some plants to flower and make room for the Shiska project to begin!!!

44 Likes

@SHSC-1 Looking forward to this adventure! :grinning:

10 Likes

Well I figure an update is due :wink:
My plan is set and I’ll start germination of the Shishkaberry 3f2 (ustad seeds) on Boxing day and we will get this seed increase going.
But first , here are some pics of plants from the same seeds @PineTarBastard has sent me, but from 2016 when I grew this girl in the greenhouse.@ 52N 3000ft , western Canada.
Should be fairly representative of what we are about to find in these seeds :wink:

53 Likes

This is awesome @SHSC-1 and @PineTarBastard. Good luck with the project. Super stoked about this. I grew it for years but sadly lost it thinking my buddy still had it in his arsenal. It came from the same guy I got my Flo from and roughly the same time. Was looking for pictures of it and this is the only one I found. This picture was from an outdoor plant in a pot. My cut had very tight nodal spacing but would get fairly tall outdoors. Variegation was present at times. It was a nice plant with above average yields. Sad to see her gone. I believe I took this picture due to the pink pistils which I had never seen in her ever before. Not sure why that happened but maybe from being in a pot. I usually go in the ground outdoors. I do have a few seeds with her crossed with some strains. Again good luck and following

33 Likes

beautiful shot, thanx for sharing!!
Ya I’m real excited to get these beans going.
Hope we find some gems :wink:

12 Likes

Some green house grown Shiskaberry from years back .same as the seeds @Barefrog used .

49 Likes

My favorite color green…

9 Likes

Outstanding brother!!

2 Likes

Beautiful! Kav!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Many thanx go out to @PineTarBastard for putting up the beans to make this possible, 2 more sleeps and we get this party started!!

Merry Christmas to all you Shishkaberry lovers!

35 Likes

Merry Christmas glad your doing a grow of a old friend grew up smoking Shiska for years .

9 Likes

I’m trying to find older picks of the F1 generations(seeds circa '98) but having a hard time. I think they might be on my old desk top that I need to do a hard drive retrieval on.
In 2000 a good friend from ontario that was associated with the paradise riders just before they patched over the the HA, came and visitted me for a few weeks that summer. I sent him home with well rooted youngsters of my Hashka(hashplant x shishka male) and one of the 3 prize Shiska moms. I know that those plants were cloned and passed around and might still be around in some circles. My friend distanced himself when the patch over happened but those cuts were shared with the paradise crew so no doubt saw commercial production in southwestern ontario.

21 Likes

and so it begins…
The great Shishkaberry Revival is underway… well I hope it will be great anyways LOL
Gave them a light scuff in my seed scuffing box and into wet paper towels with RO water.
Send the good vibes this way and hope for a vigorous germination!!

41 Likes

sending positive vibes your way…will be a very interesting grow for sure

6 Likes

Good Vibes your way my friend!

5 Likes

Love the Kish :100: :fire: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Kish was a creation made by a guy who stole breeder steve’s work and called it his own.
I will go out of my way to avoid working with any of the cash crop ken “shishkaberry/kish” genetics. I want all the growing and seed making I do with Spice of Life based Shishkaberry genetics to be as pure and legit as possible with as much respect given to Breeder Steve as I can muster. The guy literally loathes copy catters and piggy backers when it comes to those who use his work. So for this reason I want to tread with openness and respect to the Spice of Life creations and Breeder Steve himself. :wink:

21 Likes

I don’t care what you call it. Dank “just don’t call me late for dinner”. :peace_symbol: Sorry, I regress it’s what it’s called in the PNW Eugene/Spfld. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes