SHSC-1 Grows Shiskaberry 3f2

Well, it is a legendary strain. People will salivate over these seeds now and always and yes, risk being a bit annoying asking for them. Thanks for your work.

3 Likes

when we divided up the mailing list… we decided I would send to all the Canadian and International members. Pinetar’s portion of the list was all the USA members.
They are all the same seeds , but I sent one stuffed coinflip and pinetar sent 2 in each envelope. We didn’t talk about that part of sending them out. So only USA members are getting the envelopes with 2 flips. I kinda feel bad about that but I’m guessing the number of seeds isn’t that much different. The only difference in the packs is how we labelled them. They are all Shishkaberry 3f3

8 Likes

Okay I remember that now so mine came from you and are labeled correctly.

5 Likes

@ervasagrada my experience with shishkaberry is they like to be cleaned up real nice. Most people call this lollipopping. The inner buds will be larfy if left on. They are excellent for the sea of green method. They have a dense canopy so the lowers tend to get shaded easily. I can snap a few pics tomorrow of them. They are ready for harvest so it will give you an idea of them. I have one from @SHSC-1 and two others that are of my own creation but we’re bred with shishka.

9 Likes

Sure brother, I’ll keep you posted…
Thank you for your efforts man :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Group shot left to right Skunk Hawaiian x shishkaberry x white widow (Widow bush), widow bush #9 back cross to the same shishkaberry. @SHSC-1 shishkaberry.

Up close same order as above

Not the best pics @ervasagrada but would be interesting to see what they do with whatever you decide to do with them.

29 Likes

Nice chunky buds how do they smell?

7 Likes

No berry in there. It’s that musky putrid funk that I would guess breeder Steve was after when creating it. I love it. I had 8 of 10 go. 6 males with two having the shishka smell and the others leaning towards the berry side. Two females were both shishka leaning and unfortunately one grew balls. A few nanners which is apparently common in this strain. But never caused me problems. I actually see it as a blessing. Be chopping her down soon. I scoped her the other day and saw amber setting in. She has been removed from intense light and enjoying her last few days of life.

17 Likes

Seems many guys are getting clean runs with these beans but some are reporting hermies.
I didn’t notice anything while growing them or harvesting but it’s only prudent to let everyone know. It’s not out of the ordinary with anything that used DJ’s blueberry male in the mix but still it;s a bummer to get reports of hermies.
Keep an eye out.

23 Likes

@SHSC-1 good to know. I am not scared of nanners like some folks. Everyone has their own opinions and experiences with that subject. If it weren’t for nanners I wouldn’t have any of that old shishka mom. Thanks again for the run and look forward to seeing others creations.

12 Likes

Yes it should be common practice nowadays to watch on almost any polyhybrid imho. Better safe than sorry anyway right?

7 Likes

Yup. Gotta keep your eyes open that’s for sure. It’s easy for a rookie to miss though. It’s not fun learning the hard way.

5 Likes

@SHSC-1 Just a lil update pic. :wink:

The one female Shishkaberry 3 of the 2 I started.
At Almost 3 weeks flower in a 1 gal bag feeding just about daily now.
Super happy with the way she’s growing.
Not a lot of smell yet but a stem rub sure is pungent. :joy:
Appreciate your time and effort bringing them back my friend . :pray:
Kudos. :+1::+1:

:v:

22 Likes

Nice looking plant man. Yeah those shishka plants do have a strong stem rub. Hopefully you can give us some more pictures as she matures.

6 Likes

Thank you much. Appreciated.
And I’ll def take a few more pics as things progress.
Stay safe.
:v:

7 Likes

It should be common practice to do what @SHSC-1 did and pass on the possible herm info. I questioned a breeder over some “issues” in some plants 3-4 years back. It was thru Strainly. I hadn’t said a word on any forum or to anyone. All I did was ask if it was possible if something could be transferred by seed, as well as clone.
The guy lit me up hard. Really took it personal. I tried to figure out what set him off. He wanted no part fof it. Wasn’t possible, seems his stuff is above question.

4 Likes

DJ’s 98 blueberry seed release held herms in the line. It was one of the reasons I didn’t pursue them that hard back in the day. We did find some nice females that were stable too so it was worth the seed hunt back then. I think out of all the 98 shishkaberry packs we grew we might have found one hermie? Hard to remember those days in detail LOL But still… Like anything with GG4 or Sour Diesel in in it, if it’s got DJ’s old blueberry line in it, there could potentially be some intersex instability in the lines that came later.
The fact I didn;t notice anything on the females in the seed run leads to me to believe the intersex may be tied to one of the males. Killing them before they were fuly mature and fading might have been an error as far as proving them out to be stable first.
At least everyone can be aware and keep an eye out. It’s not a game ender from my seat

14 Likes

Me neither. I plan on running the other pack in a few months.
And to be absolutely clear I wasn’t trying to throw shade in any way shape or form. I hope none was taken. I have nothing but huge respect for all those who are willing to spread the love and ask nothing in return. It is the OG way and what I admire about this site.

10 Likes

No worries here man :wink:
I think it’s great that people are reporting thier feedback.
If this had been a big seed pop pheno hunt for the best possible parents and I put in all the work and they hermied a little… I would be disappointed but this wasn’t that. I used all the plants availlable and the chips fall where they may. So it is good that we get the good and the not so good feedback on all aspects of these so everyone can go forward confidently.
That said , whenever I put beans out there I like to hear the good the bad and the ugly. Hope it never happens that way with my actual breeding work but all feedback is welcome as long as it’s at least polite :rofl:

13 Likes

Thanks for chiming back in @SHSC-1 makes me feel better about it. We don’t know each other but by reading your posts and what not gives me an idea of who you are as a person and I would bet if we actually did meet in person we get along like a seed in a pod. Cheers

7 Likes