SIlver Thiosulphate Help

Totally agree @Sebring has some very good info there. I have saved it as I am just starting to get a project going and the male side of the equation is the part I need to learn the most about. Especially being able to store the pollen so that I don’t have to have males around ongoing.

2 Likes

Thinking outside the box love it !

2 Likes

The STS video and using STS videos will be up tonight!
I cover a LOT in each 30m video.

16 Likes

I don’t think it will work.

Here is more info on that.
Take away one electron from a silver atom and you get a silver ion. Ionic silver is not the same as metallic silver, silver particles or colloidal silver. Colloidal silver is made up of tiny nanoparticles of metallic silver. The particles are complete and do not combine with other elements.

You could always try it on a plant that you wouldn’t be heartbroken if the Ionic silver killed it.

2 Likes

I’m dipping my toes into breeding and seed making. I’m starting small and making some selfy seeds using reversed females. I use my own Silver Thiosulfate solution. I tried this once and reversed one plant beautifully. I initially thought this needed to be applied 4 or 5 times before you see male flowers. Now I am told this many times is the reason my pollen did nothing to make seeds. I just want your guys’ take on when and how many time a STS solution should be sprayed.

2 Likes

Well I’ve only ever done it once and basically I sprayed a week before flipping for flower, the day I flipped and one more time a week later

2 Likes

I have had success with a 3 mM solution applied on the day of switching to 12/12 and then applying every 4 days thereafter. I started noticing sacs forming on day 12 after switching to 12/12 and then stopped with a final application 4 days after that. I have plenty of pollen and plenty of seeds growing from the pollen.

4 Likes

i just finished doing this. i sprayed 5 days before flowering, then once every 5 days for another 40 days which was way too long and too much spraying lol. next time ill do something like once 7 days before flowering, and 2-3 more times every 7 days after that.

the sts is alot stronger than i thought. my ‘male’ was still making pollen when i killed it after like 80 days of flowering

5 Likes