Simple door design?

You can get an eyelet punch kit pretty cheap at most craft stores. Then you could hook it. Or sew some magnets onto the corners and stick them to metal. Panda film could work as a curtain, or Tyvek even? Any white fabric or plastic that is light blocking enough.

3 Likes

@i am deff not saying negative pressure is bad. It is deff preferred. It keeps the smells in and going out through a filter if need be.

1 Like

Please tell me that is painters tape. If so, I have everything in my basement right now for a new grow room!

7 Likes

@GramTorino, how do you support your lights?

2 Likes

Not exactly a joke, though I don’t think a “hippie door” would cut it. I use a Blackout Curtain for my area, they work great and they are not really that expensive. You can either put it on the inside or the outside.

4 Likes

Yes, painters tape is my friend.

Light mounting. I posted a few pics at the end of this thread.

Used metal hinges and door weatherstrip.

7 Likes

That’s so freaking nice, looks really pro!

1 Like

Thanks. My original flower room door is wonky compared to veg.

The vertical strip to the right, flips to keep the door closed.

3 Likes

Just a question from an outdoor grower why not turn the reflective side around ?

4 Likes

…looks better than the printed surface would be outside lol

2 Likes

Well…I built the 4x8x8 as a dry/cure room for my 2017 outdoor. (Detailed in my…‘2017 Boring Outdoor Coco’ thread)

When I converted it to a flower room, I installed panda/orca type film for reflectivity. Need to get more orca up on my expansion (currently silver)

Also worth noting, the rigid foam sheeting is NOT lightproof!

6 Likes

@beacher, what did you end up going with? I used a hidden door entry into my last room and used the neodymium magnets similar to what @Foreigner suggested - but I was building a stealth entrance into a “hidden” room. The door weighed about 25 pounds, and 6 small magnets did the trick. You don’t want too much holding power, or you’ll really have to fight the door every time you want to enter.

I’m guessing I’m too late with this, but if not, here’s what I went with in my current setup. It would be even more ideal for your setup. And if you shop around, you can find them at decent prices. I think I got mine at nehydro.com

8 Likes

Nice that looks beautiful. I went with a piece of wood fashioned into a ‘hatch’. It works ok but is held in by negative pressure from the fan… I’ll eventually get around to redoing it.

1 Like

Thanks! For your entrance, the options are really countless, but if you found one that works and you like well enough, that’s all that matters.

Out of curiosity, if a worst case scenario happens and your power goes off, will the loss of pressure allow your door to fall off, or is it also tucked snug into the frame (like your other one appeared to do)?

1 Like

They all tuck in except one of the new ones. A 2x2 I used warped and it doesn’t sit straight now. I’d like to redo most of them though they’re pretty crappy haha

1 Like

Define “crappy.”

2 Likes

That’s pretty ingenious, but I’d be afraid my fan would eventually suck the plastic in. Where do you get those magnets?

Sewing kit. Have them at Michaels or Joanne’s or your local Sewing shop… Maybe wait until the plague blows over.

2 Likes

I don’t know, I was staving off zombies most of Sunday morning (Walmart, Ralph’s, Dollar store, etc…) trying to get red beans and rice… for red beans and rice. Michael’s would probably be a breeze. I guess those would be zombies with glue guns and glitter???

2 Likes

Neodymium heaven.

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwsMzzBRACEiwAx4lLG-0xa0i6jkmLKkm4eSR-urc_F8K_2nLNc0Ikq9M9lOzGC1KwuiK8RRoC5SMQAvD_BwE

2 Likes