Sine Wave Inversion/Particle Physics: Effect of Glandular Sheath Development in 88g13hp

Revolting. Is it even refrigerated? I don’t mind an egg salad sandwich but not from a giant rotating drum.

7 Likes

Bet that machine was involved in a few Salmonella outbreaks :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

“25 cent egg salad absolutely not contaminated.”

3 Likes

Honestly, I’ve never seen it made any other way.

Those machines were part of an egg industry initiative here in the 70s that promoted the convenience and versatility of egg. They were installed in all government schools and offices here between '78 and '79. While they proved very popular, dispensing over 500 ton of egg during the 10 month period, they were ultimately removed after some drummed up BS rumors that the machines had (tentative) links to a series of mysterious mass salmonella outbreaks during the year.

:wink:

3 Likes

I have a dedicated egg smasher.

I eat one every day but it’s boiled.

Yuck yuck yuck.

1 Like

The giveaway is concluded sir.

Here in England loads of children have started using American English. The internet has done it. I’ve had to pull me little lad up a few times. Sneakers, chips, candy, soda :man_shrugging:t2: I heard a tale at school way back when a lad went to America and asked for chips n gravy. (it’s what hard up folk like me get from the chippy, fish is an extravagance) Poor lad got crisps and some tomato sauce :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Canadians might have understood. We still put the “u” in honour.

6 Likes

When I lived in NC I forgot where I was for a moment and asked how much for 20 fags in a Gas station.

The two ladies and the bloke working in there got right worked up and my wanker of a workmate sitting out in the truck was laughing at how animated things where getting.

Fun times :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Yes translation issues can be fun. I’ve screwed up the gender of things in Spanish with hilarious results.

3 Likes

Many thanks to Foreigner, I’ve never won jack shit until now.

4 Likes

You’re very welcome.

3 Likes

I love potatoes

2 Likes

You are too late sir

1 Like

So you’re Canadian then @Foreigner. Led quite a sheltered life but met a few Canadians in my time. Good people, good company. Like us northerners. Had an easy going demeanour and steady away. I do apologise for assuming you were American, not that there’s owt wrong with that, before I get told off

3 Likes

Canadians: the illusion of niceness. Only makes sense to assume I’m American. Everyone does.

3 Likes

I’ve consciously stopped calling them fags. Especially when used with the verb ‘smoke’. Brew room lights up with Kenneth Williams impressions :rofl:

3 Likes

In Canada it’s “smokes.”

As in “gimme some smokes”

2 Likes

We’ll say “are we having a bine” as in woodbine. I do love the English language. No wonder non speakers find it difficult. They teach folk to speak English but if it’s put in to practice with locals it may as well be Chinese :rofl:

3 Likes

I have an English teaching certificate and for foreigners it can be quite challenging.

2 Likes