Sine Wave Inversion/Particle Physics: Effect of Glandular Sheath Development in 88g13hp

Just simply down to the number of words or is it something else?

Like yourself I struggled with gender while learning German. But there was lots of similarity when it came to vocabulary

2 Likes

You don’t need to be perfect to be understood.

It’s that verbs and their adjacent words are so different.

Apart from the number of words you could argue that English is easier.

I run
You run
They run

In other languages it’s not so simple and they are looking for that complexity.

I had a weed based conversation with a guy in El Salvador:

Tienes?
Quieres?

This means you have?/you want?

English is not like this.

2 Likes

Ich;Du;Er/Sie/Es
Wir; Ihr ;Sie…ist eigentlich ganz einfach :wink:

4 Likes

In truth I ignore gender and if I’m wrong I’m sure someone will correct me. In English it is not like this and I find it way too complicated.

1 Like

@saxo bringing back those feelings of inadequacy :rofl: … even harder was talking with an accent which the teacher insisted upon. Felt more like drama class!

@Foreigner folk seem to find a way to communicate. Unless you’re in North Wales, I’ve had folk refuse to talk English :man_shrugging:t2:Not good when you’re lost in the hills/mountains.

4 Likes

Dont feel bad. :grin: I can barely speech amerikan and I was bornt here. :joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Honestly, I thought @Foreigner was French. :grin: But I Thought ALL Canadians are French. :rofl:

1 Like

My kids were playing the accent game and I said " do Wales" . They commenced to squeak and squeal like whales. :smile:

5 Likes

@LumpyMashedTaity i´m glad,i´s my first language…couldn´t imagine learning it as an foreigner. “Deutsche Sprache-Schwere Sprache” its a saying over here.

4 Likes

Welshmen are renowned for their oversized blow holes :hugs:

3 Likes

I liked learning German. I passed my final exam on leaving school but that was 30 years ago. I can ask for a brew or a hotel room maybe … in an English accent :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m really only interested in traveling German. Die rechnung, eine mineralwasser, wo ist, etc.

3 Likes

I’ve been once with school. German people are lovely and it was sooooo clean!! This was about 1993/4. Every bugger speaks English though so didn’t get much practice. I didn’t notice much love for potatoes :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Well if they don’t like potatoes I must dismiss their whole culture.

2 Likes

What’s it conditioned on?

Hell man, yes.

4 Likes

I will miracle whip you into shape.

2 Likes

I save my potatoes as you know they always come in handy !!!

4 Likes

Spudtacular

3 Likes

Oh boy, it’s my two favorite things combined

Sine Wave Inversion/Particle Physics and a Foreigner thread.

Right on.

3 Likes

For the price of one!

3 Likes