SK 18 lineage?

Would anyone have the lineage parentage information on SK 18 and old skunk variety I’m wondering if it’s related to roadkill skunk or rks? Any history pictures anything would be appreciated thank you so much.

2 Likes

Check out the nature farm. He has skunk 18.
You may find skunk spray, but I’d say it’s a long shot.

1 Like

It’s just skunk #1 no change in genetics. I believe 18 was a later version but I could be wrong

3 Likes

Pretty sure you’re right. There’s a quote of Nevil’s talking about the Skunk he got from Sam. If I recall, he mentions Sam being part of a group and that he got a few different versions like 7.1, 18.2, and another after that. He also mentions the later versions being better. It was a comment on a forum where a member was quoting Nevil, but I assume it’s a real quote from Nevil. Many blessings and much love

5 Likes

@Sbeanonnamellow and @RoadKill … Thanks a lot guys for the info I believe that is mostly all correct from what I’m gathering… Basically Sk18 is a early worked version of skunk #1 from Sam the skunk man? Passed to Nevil… ? Then he produced the actual skunk #1 ?? I wonder if SK 18 is… Version 7. ?? Thanks for all the help digging in on this one…

Thanks for the info to help man but I don’t believe it’s that one :+1:

Master Thai was the breeder that perpetuated Uncle Fester’s Skunk #18 IBL. The story goes that his biological uncle named Fester was a Frisco HA, and had that genetic stock in the late 60s, well prior to Sam breeding Skunk. Not that we necessarily trust Phylos completely, but it is not related to Sam’s Skunk in the Galaxy either.

Master Thai kept it going for decades until about 10 years ago, and then vanished off the scene after some controversial postings on IC pumping his own genetics under other profiles. He changed his cannabis site to a dog breeding site, Akitas if I recall correctly.

I bought, grew, bred, and posted about Uncle Fester’s Skunk #18 before anyone else that I ever saw online. Shortly after that, almost concurrent with Master Thai’s disappearing act, Nature Farm broke onto the scene offering their selections of Master Thai’s work.

As an aside, I never got skunk aroma out of the pack I grew out. I did however get nasty, paint peeling, turpentine type aromas, one of which was a male I used to breed to Black Lime Reserve.

10 Likes

That’s a cross top dawg did
I had a similar experience with the nature farm pack I ran also. Good weed just not skunk spray

4 Likes

As good fortune would have it, I found some of Master Thai’s old 3rd person self promotion for historical preservation.

Master Thai is a breeder in South Lake Tahoe, California. Who suffers from perm. L-5 nerve damage from a awful on the job injury. He is very active in the medical cannabis community since 1982. Ed Rosenthal features Master Thai’s Tahoe Gold in “The Big Book of Buds 4”. He was on Overgrow.com’s forum before it was confiscated, he was on ICmag.com, but certain members badgered him, and he left. he is the Original Bubblegum Grower since 1974 (the Original BOG)(not the bushy guy)been growing pro since 1974 Master has had an articles like- “making ur own liquid karma” published in “Treating Yourself” magazine. He has cultivars such as, Heavenly,Tahoe Gold, Tahoe Blue,Green Dragon,Sour Blue Thai,Sour Thai,Sweet & Sour Bubblegum , the original Space Queen work,the Romulan seed gift came direct from Romulan Joe,Heavenly it has been around since 1996, I received these as a Freebie with an order from SeedBoutique.com in January 2007. I cannot convey the amazing the aroma from these flowers andhis other work, it’s an overwhelming candy store smell, like touring the “Jelly Belly” Jellybean factory. Also, Tahoe Gold, Tahoe Blue (the Real Tahoe OG), Blue Lotus, he use’s and preserved the original S.S.S.C. Catalog were all his base work comes from - M21,M27,M29,Afgani,Oakland Indica and more , all 39 genetics preserved the originals! SSSC stock was available at one time back in the 1980’s,but it’s not there anymore. I urge you to look into him, and acquiring some of his genetics, I’m pretty sure you will not be disappointed. His seeds are all 100% organically grown, which is the most responsible method, and I believe the best. Master Thai has been growing for 37+ years.You can also find Master Thai in Ed Rosenthal’s Big Book of bUds #4 “worlds Best Breeder’s” and in the NEW Green Candy Press release of Greg Green’s The Indicas were his green dragon is on the cover, and coming out this May 2012 another NEW book by Green Candy The Sativas for his original Heavenly work and later before the end of the year of 2012 the Hybreds for his wonderful work of Green Dragon BX-7.29, 29 being there for S.S.S.C.'s wicked Indica M-29. His latest is colages of genes that was very well thought out in breeding Kong Fu smells like a cross of Limes and something sweet and mocha coffee hint very wild and intense !!! Currently we were given Tahoe Blue & Sour Blue Thai cant wait to see this work too of Thai’s he is the man !!!

4 Likes

18 is Hell’s Angels. @jimihendrix1942 has a good bit of information on it… that is, unless it’s a different jimi from the one on riu…

don’t know if anyone really still has anything the old HA used to have though… the HA themselves are nothing more than a shadow of what they used to be anymore.

4 Likes

I think I heard Master Thai past away, a while ago.

I’ve heard some great things about The Nature Farmers SK18, but the cross of his I grew
(95 Silver Haze x SK18) was nothing to write home about.

3 Likes

Thank you guys so basically now I’m just wondering what the lineage is of …Uncle Fester’s Skunk #18… I’ll do some more digging …thank you :+1::heart::+1: reading that it’s not a skunk smelling strain is a bummer

3 Likes

It’s not sweet, but not skunk spray. Definitely one I’ll be revisiting

1 Like

I don’t know what it is, and as I recall, Master Thai just said his “Righteous Hells Angel uncle who was a former beatnick before joining the club had it, and he got it from him in the 70s.”

f you sit back and think about it, if Master Thai’s story of its origins are true, it has historical significance. Most believe Afghani types didn’t really hit California until the 70’s. This would have been a very early Indica type if from the 60’s.

I hadn’t heard that Master Thai had died, bummer. I’m a fan of his work. Although quite the eccentric fellow, with the smoking jacket, and Asian harem, I never took him as a malicious guy. He just had an online presence that was off-putting to a bunch of people.

3 Likes

I may have got him mixed up with someone else.
He does have a Facebook page.
Facebook with a phone #

1 Like

I seem to remember hearing master Thai had died also

4 Likes

@Dope_Heffalump thank you I sent that link a message no response yet

2 Likes

Nature Farm sold many many packs of Sk 18 promising it’s a pre-Sam Sk with easily findable RKS phenos.
Nobody has found RKS in there. (I don’t believe RKS is pure Sk but actually Durban x Sk, so look for M27, PPP, High Voltage)

Master Thai advertised OG Kush seeds first, as far as I remember.
He certainly has stellar genetics, but also a problem with meth. And I’ve never met a meth head who was a good breeder or even honest about lineages. Though, opiate people seem to be the best breeders.

One thing I noticed about other peoples’ grows of Sk 18 is that they were all indica.
1978 Skunk from Joe and OhSoGreen had the full spectrum from indica to sativa. Had RKS, Lemon skunk, apple skunk, burnt tire / asphalt skunk…the apple phenos were the best. Lost all my work with the 78 when I worked for a farm in Oregon in 1978 back when I didn’t know better to keep my mouth shut about what I have.
Cantaloupe Skunk is the 6th or 7th open pollination of the 78 Sk and is the best bet for finding legit Skunk phenos. I have one pack that I will OP alongside an OP of M27 and then will breed the two to try and remake RKS.
OhSoGreen said he is inbreeding RKS into seed form last time I talked to him around 2016, but haven’t been able to find him since.

1 Like

Here Jimi talking about it

1 Like