First OG diary and first try at hydro

Well hello all, been around here for a little bit. Decided to try my hand at hydro. Using a 5gal bubble bucket, in my small grow box. The plant is a clone from a family members farm, the strain is Purple Arrow. Excited as its supposed to be good for nerve pain. First attempt at the diary and the grow so hold on to your pants… lol

32 Likes

I plan on a hydro run soon too and as this would be my first hydro grow also I’m happy to tag along and learn alongside you.

Looking good :+1:

11 Likes

Tell me more :smiley:. You said you started with a clone, rooted in rock wool or?

What nutrients are you going to be using?

4 Likes

I hope you have a roiling boil with bubbles.
Just spent the past year chasing my tail, turns out I just needed more bubbles.
Moar air = moar better.
Plant roots are loving the Hailea V-30(30l/min) pump, 3 round flat airstones, 4-5" each.
Using small 2-3l/min aquarium pumps was just not enough.

Good luck.

9 Likes

Welcome @Shaggy450r. Good luck with the grow ! I will poke my head in here from time to time to see your progress.

5 Likes

So the clone was a cut from the mother and rooted in a cloner bubble tub thing. I removed the foam collar and put in with the coca balls. The nutes are Grow Basics 3 part liquid. Wasnt crazy expensive and I didn’t want to throw a ton of money at it. I’m learning this so I assume I’m going to have a problem here or there. I built a couple box in my garage, this one is 4x3x6. Vipar 1200 led.

5 Likes

Yeah I have a bigger air pump so shes rolling bubbles like crazy.

6 Likes

Alright peeps, super impressed with how fast the girl grows. 1 week 1 day…

14 Likes

I love dwc. Miss growing with that style

4 Likes

Why did you stop?? I still have my big box which I will keep as soil. This small box is now the hydro box so I can play around with different styles. Also grow outdoor.

6 Likes

Here are the roots. Hard to take a pic and hold the lid lol.

8 Likes

I like popping seeds, and I prefer to grow seed plants in soil. When the situation arises that I am only using clones I prefer to opt for either ebb and flow or dwc

6 Likes

Yeah I feel yeah. So far I like both ways.

3 Likes

Ahh. Love to me some new fresh roots. I hope you’re on track I’ve never done hydro myself gonna do soil my first time but hey Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Does that count XD?

Keep us updated I’m gonna be watching be easy.

Lokster

4 Likes

So far so good. Ill update more tomorrow. Just got back from a 3 day cold as hell steelhead fishing trip.

3 Likes

Welcome back, and warm back up like the ladies are. I never done steel head from KY when I fished with my paps my life. Catch anything good including freezing your ass off XD

2 Likes

Thanks, no steelhead. We did catch a few really nice rainbows. Basically baby steelhead that haven’t gone to the ocean yet. My cousin did catch a wild coho, really great size. Did take pics. But we found out later that it could have been kept. Oh well, had great time. Still think the water Temps need to come down a bit. If you ever get an opportunity to go steelhead had fishing do! The power behind them is like no other.

1 Like

Man knows his fishing I see. I only have done catfish/trout/bass/rainbow trout river but you can’t keep those beauts. You gotta use a big pole for them big ol fish. That’s an adventure in itself. Gotta take a boat for them too right? Can’t complain either way getting to evacuate from the world and enjoy the time. Never got to try or ask. How is smoking and fishing. You got all the time waiting so always a good time to smoke. But you get full chill mode and hyped when you get a tug.

3 Likes

Well, idaho is anti weed right now still. So smoking had to be done on the low. But we did bring a long a couple loafs of “green” apple bread so everything was chill. We where fishing off a dam mostly. They pile into the pool and spawn. Down river is a bridge also right by the steelhead and salmon hatcheries. Also got to go on tribal lands and fish. Which was cool as anything go there. Lol… may head back in dec.

1 Like

Ay, I use to be in WA. Go to idaho to get my tattoo’s at 16. Lean with tattoos and ink but not some smoke yeesh. I need to fish it awlays was relaxing but my father took me always an advenutre and bro who the hell doesn’t love fish. Had salmon ladders mostly musemes and etc. Currently in KY so we risking the biscuit here too but some good lakes, rivers. Who do you ask to go on tribal lands? Be sick to meet the people and ask them yourself to catch some. Sounds sick to fish off a dam wth. No bobber I assume, I forget what they are called but the fake looking fish that shine when you let the water flow with it or reel it in smooth. Always was statisfying.

1 Like