Skunk City, Elite Skunk Genetics

Gorilla glue is chem and chocolate diesel and sour dub…gotta make it pretty unique…if there crossed with a skunk what line was it?

These days I avoid the fuel strains if they got citrus…

I hear you @GregOG …about the Gorilla Skunk - definitely a nice combo to grow and explore.

Finding that old school Skunk is going to be more difficult than I thought…but I’ve picked up a bunch more seeds for the next Skunk hunt.

I picked up a few different variations of GG #4 and Skunk; my recent purchases include:
Gorilla Glue #4 x Skunk #1
Gorilla Glue #4 x Exodus Cheese
Gorilla Glue #4 x Cheese (Big Buddha Cheese)

And I just want to add - while I’m searching out Skunk genetics, I’ve read a lot of interesting articles, regarding how to get “skunky” plants. Some say it requires a special diet of nutrients, others say “special” soil, some say cure method…but one article in particular stood out. It basically says the “Skunk” is lost because we’re searching the wrong genetics.

For example: I’m searching (and gathering) a bunch of strains with “skunk” in the title, which contain the usual suspects - genetic lines from Mexico (Acapulco Gold), Colombia (Colombian Gold) and Afghanistan (Afghani).

However, this article explores Pakistan and India genetics; it goes on to state how these genetics haven’t been bottlenecked like the current “skunk” genetics. And it kind of makes sense, because as I research some Pakistani and India genetic landraces, I’ve read the descriptions of Aroma - so there might be something to exploring these other strains to find Skunk (rather than the “usual suspects”).

I actually picked up some beans from an old timer who bred some South American (Brazil - Sativa), India (Indica), and Mexican x Afghani. These were bred a good 10+ years ago, so memories aren’t on point - but they contain the correct ingredients. I can’t wait to do my next skunk hunt, along with these “outlier” strains - that I originally would have not considered (to be part of the skunk family).

If anyone else has some experience with Pakistani, India, or other landrace strains, that are “skunky” in nature - please chime in. These are definitely worth exploring.

Make sure you’ve got a good amount of organic matter in your soil for sure